DAFC.net
Home 30 May 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Enjoy the win
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 16:52

How about rather than faction warfare..."ooh, can't wait to see what x has to say about this or I bet y won't be on the forum tonight" let's just enjoy the away win. The sun is shining, enjoy your Saturday night.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Enjoy the win
Topic Originator: gegganpar  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 16:57

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Sat 21 Sep 16:52

How about rather than faction warfare..."ooh, can't wait to see what x has to say about this or I bet y won't be on the forum tonight" let's just enjoy the away win. The sun is shining, enjoy your Saturday night.

👍

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 17:00

Indeed. Very important win psychologically today.
We are only 6 games into the season and settled a few nerves with a convincing result.
Well done Pars and management, enjoy your night.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 17:01

Have to agree ,
Lets hope its the start of many good Saturday nights
We have waited a long time for this
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 17:02

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Sat 21 Sep 17:00

Indeed. Very important win psychologically today.
We are only 6 games into the season and settled a few nerves with a convincing result.
Well done Pars and management, enjoy your night.

Exactly. So much in sport is momentum. Great chance next Saturday to build on this. Suddenly a crap start becomes average in the space of 8 days. Then build from that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Murchadh  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 17:03

I’m absolutely delighted, I hope DrumRoad is too!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 17:06

Aye, a single win hasn't turned our season around like some seem to be indicating with them taking digs at various posters on here but hopefully it's the start to us kicking on for the season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 17:09

A huge confidence booster for sure. Important we don’t get too far ahead of ourselves. Let’s get a result against Alloa now

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 17:11

🏁🏁🏁✌👌👍
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gary84  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 17:16

Totally agree went to the Arbroath and Inverness games started to get a bit disheartened and thought here we go again massive result today shows how much of an important player Dow is onwards and upwards lads coyp

No negativity tonight for a wee change

G.melville
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 17:39

I am so pleased for Cammy Gill who got his deserved shutout one week late.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 17:53

Yes, Dow was great but all the others rallied to the cause as well. Its amazing the transforming effect of sticking a few in the net can do. There were times when we were flying and other times when it was all hands to the pump. Hope we can all take some confidence from this and push on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 17:56

A good win for the team today. Hopefully this gives the team a lift in terms of confidence.
However we have to realise that we were playing a poor team with no manager.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 17:57

Great result not perfect but a great confidence booster hopefully push on from here

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 18:02

It’s a great result and sounds like a good performance all round. Looks like Partick will be this seasons falkirk!

Need to follow it up with a win next week to move up to the right end of the league.

Interesting I always thought we needed beadling in the team for his height and workmate but seems turner might be an option in there.

Will be interesting to know how we lined up? Was Paton further up the park? did we play 2 upfront and commit men forward? Hopefully it was that we were good and not thistle were so poor they gave us the freedom of maryhill.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 18:23

Thistle were running the show until we scored - what a difference a goal makes.

Thereafter there was only going to be one winner.

Central defence was solid and Cammy Gill played well also.

A decent day’s work all round.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 18:55

Have to agree with V.E. it looked a bit edgy and Partick looked slightly the better team . once we scored we settled into the game and deserved the win ,

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 18:59

We now have something to build on.

Looking at the other results it will be the same as last year - No gimmies.

Well played team and management - A wee bit confidence & self belief goes a long way in football.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 19:44

1 win in how many games?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 19:49

Quote:

EEP, Sat 21 Sep 19:44

1 win in how many games?

Yeah....so try and enjoy it :)

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boomer  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 20:13

EEP ffs lets be positive and hope we can get a lift from this result and keep it going nexr week.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 20:18

Looking at the team line up today against a very weak Thistle side I think we rely on 2 players in Dow and Turner to play every week?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 20:33

How do you come to that conclusion? We've lost games with Dow and Turner in the team.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 20:45

But we have played so much better and won more games with them in the team. Especially Dow... if he keeps up his form then he’s going In Jan!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 20:59

Every silver lining has a cloud with you, EEP.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 21:15

Don’t get me wrong a 3-0 win is great and hope that gives confidence to the team etc.
We were playing a partick team with no manager and a team on low confidence..
I think as the title in this thread says enjoy the win.......but let’s see how it goes?
That’s not negative!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 22:00

The petty point scoring by some posters on here is very, very boring. Some would have you believe that some posters would rather lose so as to prove a point.

Take Rastapari for example, he's been fairly critical in recent weeks regarding Crawford in recent weeks, I doubt he's upset that we've won today, he'll be the opposite. He was extremely positive on the match thread and will undoubtedly have a spring in his step tomorrow.

If you are a Pars fan you want what's best for the club, we all have a different vision on how to do that. That's alright
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 22:11

Grant,
We have won our first league game in a long time so hope it continues!
Let’s take the next 3 games to see where the teams is.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 23:30

EEP you're making an erse of yourself yet again. Nighty night

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kintos  
Date:   Sun 22 Sep 00:40

Or... We won a game convincingly that was expected to be a defeat by many of our own, citing the potential "bounce" factor that Thistle were seemingly meant to get for ousting their much maligned manager... No time for negativity ya rockets! This is obviously not a result that should paper over all the cracks, but ffs, all you would be, boot put inners, gee it a rest for at least 48 hours eh..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 22 Sep 02:18

Too right with Grant and EEP's last posts, DA_NO1, shut up, neither have said anything wrong. That's our first win since what, March? Great day, let's celebrate, but this has changed very little. Let's take the momentum to the next few weeks and see where we are then. Another few losses and I'm sorry but today means nothing, build on today and hopefully we shoot up the table
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 22 Sep 09:07

I wasn't at the game but regardless of performance that's a brilliant result. Looking forward to Saturday now to see whether we kick on from here.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Sun 22 Sep 09:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Sun 22 Sep 09:44

I was at the game and thought we were under the cosh until we scored. However once the first goal went in the confidence seemed to flow. Thought Dow was excellent. Hopefully beat Alloa next week and things will be looking a lot better.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 22 Sep 09:56

This idea by some on here because a poster shows dissatisfaction at certain things means they don't want the team to win is beyond gullible garbage.
Do people honestly think I felt anything other than sheer delight when that third goal went in and three points were Fife bound?
I've stated before, I'm not the sentimental type, I literally do not care who is charge of the team if we're doing ok, we haven't been.
Yesterday was huge and I couldn't be more chuffed that the management and team got it right, here's hoping as others have suggested that it gives them a platform to build on.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 22 Sep 16:18

<<This idea by some on here because a poster shows dissatisfaction at certain things means they don't want the team to win is beyond gullible garbage.>>

agreed

while i've never boo'd the players or management team - i haven't half watched some guff over the last year - poor execution, tactical naivity and players that don't look like they know their role or what the players round about them will be doing.

but people who share those views, do so because they care about the team and want to see the pars doing well. if you aren't honest in your appraisal, then you'll never improve.

the expression one swallow does not a summer make springs to mind... but chuffed to bits for the team and everyone associated that we put in a good performance and got a valuable 3 points
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 22 Sep 16:34

I agree we were under the cosh until we scored. Defensively we held out. I dont think that the defence has been given enough credit over the last few months given we have lost games. The issue has always been not scoring goals. Hopefully that will chsnge. I thought Dow's goal was a great effort. We have good enough players in the squad its just how they work together and having the confidence and belief. Lets hope the result yesterday is a big leap forward.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Sep 22:03

Honestly some off the comments are laughable.
We won 3-0 but as I have read we were under a bit of pressure until the goal went in.
Well done to the team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 23 Sep 08:50

A much needed win. Alloa game is crucial as to whether we go on and realise the potential we have seen in parts of the early season or slip back to the form of recent games.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net