DAFC.net
Home 14 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Championship table
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Sun 22 Sep 19:39

After 6 games, only 3 teams have double digits in points. Only 7 points separate 4th and last, and a number of posters have commented that ICT in 3rd was nothing to write home about.

Our team is young and still gelling. They will improve with time. Yesterday was a good building block. Patience will continue to be important, though.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Championship table
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 22 Sep 20:25

Exactly USM,

Unfortunately there will be a few bad results throughout the season, fans have to remember it is a young team and inexperienced players will make mistakes.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 20:04

Now only 4 points separate the bottom 7 teams. Pars actually have the best GD of them. If this continues, you won't know which playoff you might be in (promotion or relegation) until the end of the season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 21:02

My message is keep going boys the goals will come. We tried everything today and it was all good apart from sticking one more goal in the net.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Murchadh  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 21:19

Lol.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 21:33

Wait until we play Dundee Utd. Our next 4 games I would expect 4 wins😳
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 21:40

Keep cool EEP, if we can't keep faith in the lean times we don't deserve the glory years.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 21:45

Paralex do you honestly think this management team can get this team to play?
We have the players but our tactics and formation at times is brutal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 22:25

It's pretty congested from about 4th down so no real reason for major panic but I do get the concern over performances and results. I dunno if it is worth giving Crawford until Christmas providing we aren't getting cut adrift near the bottom.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 22:33

Tactics and formations are important but most important is putting the ball in the net and if we had just taken one more of our several chances today we'd have had all three points and 6 points from 2 games.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 23:15

I'd give him till the first game in December, if nothing improved, change is needed to give any replacement time to actually adapt the team and try and make whatever adjustments can be made in January.

I amongst every other Pars fan would kill for. A modern legend like Crawford to work out, but it just hasn't, not even close. If there is change, the club CANNOT take another cheap option. Promoting from withing an already failing system to save money will cost money in the long run.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 23:49

I love this stuff about taking 'the cheap option'. Have we got an expensive option?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 23:56

Did we even try and look outside the club after rightfully booting AJ? I honestly don't think we did and just gave Stevie the job.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 23:59

In one post you say he was the cheap option, then you're asking why we didn't look outside. Maybe you've answered your own question.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 04:19

A win at Morton next week and the Pars would be up to 5th.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 04:53

Any 1 or 2 out of 6 or 7 teams could be relegated this season.
We are the same standard as 6 of them, which is remarkable given our team's youth, inexperience at this level and the fact they have only been together as a team for a couple of months, a few weeks for some of them.
They have shown some decent performances. A couple of excellent performances and a wee bit below par too.
Exactly what was predicted at the start of the season.
We said this would be the case and so it is.
I think we will improve a lot as the season develops. I don't think many of our competitors will improve much. So we should finish in a safe mid table area. That is what we thought at the start.
This season was always about rebuilding on a reduced budget and surviving.
We got a bit extra cash. Has it all been spent? Who knows. Maybe a wee bit has been put aside just in case we need to change the management.
Either way it is nowhere near as bad as some are making out. The only teams I kinda expect to see getting 3 points from any team in this league are Dundee Utd and possibly Dundee and Ayr. Everyone else could win lose or draw on the slightest bit of luck or favourable decision.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 13:52

It's remarkable that we are as good as the other teams in the Championship relegation battle!?

Far play to you for remaining so positive at all times. I think it's a sad indictment of our recruitment of manager and players that we now operate on the same level as Alloa, Arbroath, Queens etc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 14:12

It is sad as you say but it is where we are.
Last year blew the budget. Sacking the management team and severel expensive operations all combined to put us here.
We have indeed slipped backwards. We cant afford another compensation round plus a new managers wages.
We are just going to have to get behind them and ride it out.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 16:48

This is a rebuilding year, with a lot of young players stepping up. We're in the mix. No one can really have any reasonable expectation that we should be above the mix at this early point in the season.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: