DAFC.net
Home 14 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Inverness Chairman steps down
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Wed 25 Sep 14:23

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49825200

Chairman Graham Rae and director Alan McPhee have resigned from their roles at Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Both are part of the Muirfield Mills group, which will no longer invest in the Scottish Championship club after providing almost £1.1m since 2012.

Vice-Chairman Ross Morrison takes over as chairman in place of Rae.

The club have an extraordinary general meeting on 3 October as they seek fresh investment amid the "challenges" of a third season in the second tier.

Rae took over as chairman in August 2017, having joined the board a year earlier, while McPhee's service since May 2015 made him the longest-serving director.

The pair say they have stepped down "with the best interests of the club at heart" and to make way for new investors.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Inverness Chairman steps down
Topic Originator: Bouncer  
Date:   Wed 25 Sep 18:45

Never understand the word invest when it comes to putting money into clubs at our level.
Chance of a return on said investment pretty slim I would imagine.

2014/15 Squealadeal Prediction League Champion

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Wed 25 Sep 18:53

There is no chance of making money on thier investment, they are fans with an extra few quid to play with.
Thank God there are investors out there or there wouldn't be much football teams in Scotland.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.

Post Edited (Wed 25 Sep 18:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 25 Sep 19:43

If I'm correct several years ago there was talk of them going part time. I watched their league game again Morton, it looked as if there was less than 1000 people there. I think that Morton had about 8 fans however the home support looked vert very poor. I don't know how many season ticket holders they have but I have a fear for their future at a high level.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 07:10

The small clubs who appeared from nowhere will melt back into obscurity in time

Where they fall down is that there is not a long standing fan base to sustain them when times get tough and the fair weather friends dessert them when cash needs to be found

Ross County will do the same as soon as their rich sugar daddy stops propping up the club, they will eventually be a lower championship club at best with the historically strong clubs overtaking them

Inverness and Ross County have enjoyed reasonable success in the past few years and although Ross County are a long standing club everyone can see that they are just another Gretna without a sustainable business model

Inverness is a conglomeration of clubs in the city and as such there is no real historical backing for the club and their fortunes are beginning to fail
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Geordiepar  
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 21:14

In the local paper that they are losing £800k a year in the Championship.

Totally unsustainable
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Fri 27 Sep 22:09

Been there done that.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: