DAFC.net
Home 14 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Lethargic performance
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 19:24

Well for me It was a very Lethargic performance today , I thought we would have been buzzing today especially after a good win last week and QOS / Dundee drawing last night , we actually could have been up to 6th and only a point behind Dundee and Morton with a win !!!
Yet once again we put in a lackluster performance when we knew where a win would take us , absolutely no energy no drive whatsoever today
should have been 1 up in the first minute all it needed was to hit the target with the goal gaping !!
And I do not see what McCann brings to the team just now , rubbish against Inverness and not any better today , since he has played for Ireland he does not seem to be the same player I saw against Dundee , had high hopes for him too
Today he never broke sweat , many times poor Edwards was left with 2 on 1 all because he didn't track back (not the only though) up front he was dire too not enough effort from him to shut down players , Not meaning to pick him out but he was the worst on display for me ,
I now wonder what they do at training because its certainly not shooting
Nisbet's efforts were powder puff ( more strength in the bovril they sell at EEP)
He should be doing better he got a few chances but as i said my granny could have saved them ! and the one off the bar he should have scored and if he had been switched on and got in front of the defender with the one Coley fired across goal he could have scored with that one , it was some clearance by the way could have been OG just as easy
anyway i will stop my rant now as its the same old every blinking week and im tired about hearing its young squad they need time to Gel they have had a good few games under their belt now !!
Just disappointed again
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Lethargic performance
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 19:31

By your own account we made some chances, wullie, so I don't think the performance was as bad as you seem to think it was. I also think it's unfair to pick on McCann. He's strong and quick and I think he would benefit from an extended run in the front two. He just needs to improve his final ball. Didn't he set up that chance in the first minute for Nisbet by putting one of their defenders under pressure?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KilsythPar  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 19:34

McCann wasn't that bad. Expected a lot more from Kiltie.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 19:40

Eck i still dont know how we missed that chance right at the start !!
I think if you read my post i do say I am not meaning to single him out and pick on him ! I know he is young and a lot to learn , but he needs to learn when to pass and when to keep it !! It will come and sure and the only way it will come is with perseverance !
I think we need to practice shooting though !!!!
And i really thought we didnt press Alloa enough and force them into mistakes
and if i want to be critical Martin chose the wrong option for their goal
a simple pass and no danger , but at the wrong time he tried to play football and hey ho a goal for them ( pity as he was having a good game)
And good grief as for Turner every ball he passed today was like a rocket
anyway I will be going next week , sometimes we need a wee moan and hopefully we get it right next week
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 19:43

Disagree about McCann. Think he could be a superb player but the only thing is he always seems to be knackered after 60-70 minutes. That surprises me for an 18 year old. The only thing I can think is because i he makes too many meaningless runs but that will improve with age. He always gives 100% though.

Nesbitt on the other hand was shocking today. He missed two absolute sitters. It seems like we can never get the best out of players we sign. I honestly think Shankland would struggle to score at our club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 19:46

No one can defend that performance today!
I laugh when folk say “ but if blah blah scored that goal it would have changed the game” We fluffed 2 good chances and you would 100% except your striker to put them away.
We need to press up higher the pitch.
It’s just not good enough!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 19:47

Not sure I agree on McCann not breaking sweat, he looking gubbed after running about so much. Shame has hasn’t really got much quality with the ball at his feet but here’s hoping that comes with better decision making as at the moment he kills a lot of moves dead. Good stature tho and the basics are just about there. Getting gametime as there’s literally no one else.

We worked hard today but not as a team, hunting in packs works when everyone does their job, they always had an out today which suggested some players were not pulling their weight and getting touch tight. Lesson for Martin today, take the booking, Alloa players did and they ended up with a point.

We’re powder puff upfront and win nothing in the air or on the deck in midfield. we don’t have the personnel to change this but we still punt it to often so it’s coming straight back.

Wouldn’t advocate that midfield pairing against anyone else in this league. Both looked lightweight and turner in particular struggled.

Bar maybe Thomson that was our strongest team, it’s still a worry who is going to get the goals required for us and who is going to set them up. Nesbit looks like he might score 1 in 5 chances but that prob only a goal every 4 or 5 games.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 20:01

Totally disagree about McCann, thought he was one of our most promising players today. Wasn't scared to take people on and try to make things happen albeit poor decision making sometimes. I feel he does better up front but he ends up having to cover for Kiltie who disappears from the left most of time.

It looked like our tactic today was to sit off and let Alloa play and try to counter them which was disappointing at home. I'd rather we pushed up and got after them and showed a bit of determination.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 20:17

Back in the day teams used to feel intimidated coming to East End......
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 20:25

McCann took a knock in the first half and was blowing out his ass in the second.It was a hard fought game today and agree we should have won it with the chances we had.
Certainly wasn't a lacklustre performance.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 20:35

McCann played reasonably well today but the concern is that he cannot last a game, it’s always an hour passed and he is out on his feet

At 18 years old players should be able to give 90 mins I would have thought, if not why are we playing players who cannot play a full game
Is there something wrong with the conditioning training?

If our young players are not fit enough athletes to be able to cope with a 90 minute game then the question needs to be asked why are we putting such faith in players who are incapable of measuring up to seasoned pros
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 21:00

I was expecting McCann to be subbed at half-time as he seemed to be struggling with a knock towards the end of the first half but he seemed to run it off. Every time we have a disappointing result our fitness gets questioned and yet the players always say the pre-season training was very tough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 21:12

Can we PLEASE stop playing strikers on the wings? Drives me absolutely nuts to see the likes of Muirhead, McCann, Ryan etc on the wing. We're almost back to the horror days of the 3 centre mid and 1 winger formation we used to play under either JJ or Potter
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BA  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 21:17

Totally disagree with the original post re McCann. He brings pace, energy, directness, fight and some nice touches to our attack. Him and Nisbet link up well at times - I’d like to see us stick with they 2 as a partnership, however Crawford seems to enjoy wasting him on the wing (like today). Crawford is in danger of ruining McCann’s season if he keeps playing him out of position. Have to feel sorry for McCann, he was moved to LM because Kiltie was useless at tracking back today - looked like he was out on the lash last night!!

It was a poor slow game today with no tempo which wasnt great to watch imo, the chance we created in the first minute seemed to work against us and it was like we got complacent thinking it would be easy to create more thereafter. Still though, I felt we created enough to win the game. Pitty Nisbett didn’t take a chance today - he seems to enjoy hitting the bar just now, but I do rate him.

Centre midfielder was too lightweight today I felt and they struggled. The defence look well shakey at times - I thought Martin had a good game though, he looks comfortable on the ball and we need to work on playing out more from the back through him, as Ashcroft isn’t a ball player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 02:05

It was very frustrating to see Nesbit out on the wing so much when he should have been in the centre posing more threat.

I think we would be far more effective with a straight 442 with Nesbit and McCann upfront and Dow and Coley pushing down the wings.

We are just crying out for Thomson's return as none of our current combinations in centre midfield work particularly well.

Defensively we are doing okay, though when Murray returns to fitness I would be tempted to drop Ashcroft rather than Martin or Edwards.

Cammy Gill is doing just fine in goal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsAreTheLoveOfMyLife  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 02:16

We were discussing how tired both teams looked towards the end. Very frustrating performance.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimMcDAFC  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 10:45

We had very little dig in midfield against Alloa and missed Paton as he likes a good tackle. As mentioned elsewhere this team crying out for Thomson to return, just hope he can come back and be the same player as he was before injury,ie Ryan Williamson. I just think we approach our home games over cautiously which seems at odds with a manager who was one of our better strikers when he played for us.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: