DAFC.net
Home 14 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Flanagan
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 20:39

Really good player the boy. Was magnificent for Alloa today.

Real composure, good passer and decent energy too. Would take him at EEP

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Flanagan
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 21:02

Totally agree.

Good player - Always made himself available, reads the game well, some great link up play. Total midfielder.

­čöę ya ­čÜÇ
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 21:38

Far superior to our Marquee signing from Sunderland. great box to box player

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 21:46

Yeh he was a standout today.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 21:57

how many times have you come out with that one gordi-b, 4? 5?...and Beadling was never a marquee signing apart from in your mind perhaps.

if you give any player time and space at this level they should do well, Flannigan is good enough to exploit it with the movement ahead of him and positioning of Trouten which makes it hard to press him.

Post Edited (Sat 28 Sep 22:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 22:16

Remember that many of Alloa players will be on a decent part time wage plus a full time day job. When I was a teacher even if I had been good enough to go full time I wouldn't have. Most of the full time players in our league will be on less a week than Alloa. Its different if you have an exceptional talent and can be playing for £thousands per week not £hundreds.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 28 Sep 22:28

We are a full time club with players training all week and getting paid to do a job.
Part time teams have guys working 8-12 hours a day then go to training after their work at night then play on a Saturday.....
We train all week as a team day in/out and work all week on how to beat our opponents on a Saturday. Maybe the team need a bit off desire?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KilsythPar  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 10:10

I agree he played well yesterday, but he is no more than a journeyman player in his 30s which doesn't really fit the bill at EEP. Besides, we already have Paton.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 11:15

The difference between Flanagan and Paton is that Flanagan can:

Can pass(more than a sidewards pass or punt)
Can run
Can protect
Can hold his position(doesn't drop to the back 4)

Flanagan is miles ahead of Paton. Alloa actually set up really well yesterday against us and this boy was a big part of it.

Not saying he is a world beater but he is better than what we have in that specific position of holding midfielder.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KilsythPar  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 12:48

I wasn't comparing Flanagan and Paton. Just pointed out that we have Paton and it is highly unlikely we will bring in another holding midfielder of that age. The club is committed to developing/recruiting younger players whether you agree with that or not.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: