DAFC.net
Home 14 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Heritage Trust Video - Brian Ross
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 1 Oct 16:20

The latest Heritage Trust video interview is with Brian Ross, who played for DAFC in the late 1970s. You can watch it HERE.

The full list of Heritage Trust videos is HERE.

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Heritage Trust Video - Brian Ross
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Tue 1 Oct 18:04

I know Brian Ross, and a particularly open and honest account of the Pars in the late 1970's. Great tribute also to Harry Melrose.

Some-one who could have played football at a very high level, had it not been for some bad injuries.

A tricky winger who was regularly kicked up in the air.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Wed 2 Oct 00:46

I never saw Brian play but his ‘pedigree’ as a player seems to be beyond question.

For me it is an interesting interview but also an uncomfortable one. We are seeing the downside of the beautiful game, where a young lad with talent is initially successful at international level for his age group but fades into obscurity- probably through injury- thereafter. There is a sense of bitterness that feeds through much of the interview, but also an impressive reflection on what it takes to even be known as a professional footballer. The name checks Brian offers with big players and big clubs are quite poignant because they were probably accurate at the time they were made.

Football is an unforgiving game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Wed 2 Oct 08:30

I first started following the Pars in the late sixties and must admit I do not remember his name although playing for us in the late 70s/ early 80s couldn't have been easy.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: