DAFC.net
Home 14 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Inverness to hold EGM
Topic Originator: Murphy  
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 11:54

According to the Daily Mail, Chief Exec Scott Gardiner to hold an E.G.M. to plead with share holders to invest more money into the club to stave off risk of club going into administration.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Inverness to hold EGM
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 12:20

Quote:

Murphy, Thu 3 Oct 11:54

According to the Daily Mail, Chief Exec Scott Gardiner to hold an E.G.M. to plead with share holders to invest more money into the club to stave off risk of club going into administration.

Hopefully he will remember to get the seats sorted.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 12:33

Losing 800k a year in the championship ,club are debt free ,no soft loans and own thier ground.
They need working capital to avoid administration.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 14:11

I believe that they were in a similar boat a few years back. Our crowds are small but those at Inverness are far worse.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 15:04

They've had a huge amount of external support (hence they maintained a large playing budget relative to their income) including having the stadium gifted to them (although the council might still own the land its on) but it looks like the cash may be running out.

I certainly don't wish administration on any team but if they have to start cutting their playing budget then its potentially good news for us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Fethiyespar  
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 18:15

Administration would automatically be a 15 point reduction, think that would guarantee Dundee United the title and ease our precarious position in the league table.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 18:23

Not really-they are 7 points ahead of us already.If they got a 15 point deduction last season they would still have finished above us.

Post Edited (Thu 03 Oct 18:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 18:46

Taking no pleasure from that situation but imagine ICT finishing 2nd bottom after 15 point deduction, then facing Falkirk in the play offs.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 18:50

If they did go into administration, the would loose many of their better, higher paid players. Remember we were top of the league before we were in dire straights.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 19:32

Quote:

parathletic, Thu 3 Oct 18:23

Not really-they are 7 points ahead of us already.If they got a 15 point deduction last season they would still have finished above us.

Not just the 15 pts though. It would be goodbye to most of the first team too.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 20:04

True.It could mean Fort William would be playing instead
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: broontroot  
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 20:38

If they did go into administration we should be offering John Robertson a job asap
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 20:41

Eve if they do go into administration, I would expect John Robertson to stand by them.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 21:49

Robertson may not have an option
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 22:25

Hope they get out of this.

Came a long way, but merging two highland league teams meant no real hardcore support, despite a Scottish cup win, and plenty good seasons.

Inverness is a decent sized city, but clearly working capital is super tough for all teams in our league-on a down side probably only around 1000-1400 core fans, hard to budget, when the upside is around 3000.

Best of luck, we were in a worse position, and the road is much harder.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Fri 4 Oct 13:00

Teams like ourselves who have learned a hard lesson are now, hopefully, playing within the financial rules and we are possibly paying for that, in the budget we have available to buy and remunerate players. If other teams choose to sail close to the wind financially, they gain an unfair advantage. It's good that we are living within our means and maybe the slow steady approach will be best in the long term.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Fri 4 Oct 13:10

If Scottish football is to survive, eventually all teams like us will have to cut their cloth. Eventually sugar daddies will be a thing of the past. Or am I dreaming.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsbilly  
Date:   Fri 4 Oct 13:38

what do you think Dunfermline have been doing the past few years?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 4 Oct 16:12

The Pars have cut their cloth but other clubs are at risk of doing what we did.

I'm primarily thinking Dundee Utd. There seems to have been a lot of similarities to us in the 90s (primarily transfer of assets in return for cash injections).

Much as it's great to see people investing, they need to be seen to be investing in the future. Our biggest mistake was throwing money at big name players to get us up the league whereas, in my opinion, the focus should have been on an effective business plan based on realistic levels of support. Spending more than you earn year after year rarely results in a positive outcome unless that investment is going into a long term plan that will ultimately offer a high return. The only investment in that scenario is supporting youth development.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Fri 4 Oct 16:33

Is that not what we are trying to do at the moment with a squad made up of mostly young players yet people are losing the plot all because a silly wee game of football hasn’t went the way they wanted it to go

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 4 Oct 17:51

I think it’s fairly obvious what Black and White Blood said. Eventually all teams, like us, will have to cut their cloth.

Where has he said we’ve not done that?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Fri 4 Oct 21:25

I think people go ballistic over anything at the moment full stop. It's just a mood in the country. Beats me.....

Both Dundee clubs.....well good luck making a killing in Scottish football, I'm going to be the Brahan Seer here, both stadiums to be sold?

We have tried the journeyman route, basically they can't really play, so if we want to progress we have to build some sort of football structure which is what we are starting to do.

Personally if we can unearth 3 or 4 unpolished diamonds, 4 decent players an 3 ok horses this season, that is something we can build on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Fri 4 Oct 21:47

Quote:

Berry, Fri 4 Oct 17:51

I think it’s fairly obvious what Black and White Blood said. Eventually all teams, like us, will have to cut their cloth.

Where has he said we’ve not done that?

Thank you Berry. That's exactly what I meant.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 05:28

Not so very long ago, Caley were being lauded for their sensible wage structure. It was quite widely publicised that their standard player salary was 500 pounds a week. At the time a lot of provincial clubs were paying several players way in excess of 2000 a week.

Somewhere along the line, things seem to have gone off the rails in Inverness.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 13:12

I thought that it was Partick Thistle that were paying £500 per week.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 13:34

I thought it was Ross County...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 13:40

I though I saw a puddy cat 🤣

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: