DAFC.net
Home 14 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Opinions up till today
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 19:44

Instead of having to look on 3 threads let’s discuss?
Don’t take this down admin!😅
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Opinions up till today
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 19:50

Patience composure and game management
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 20:10

Young team need time to blend, get off their backs!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 20:18

It's not working and there is little evidence of it doing so.
I believe we have players, I don't believe we have a manager who can realise their potential or adequately motivate them or the supporters to buy into this.
We are 9th on merit.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 20:23

I think Crawford's recruitment has been good on the whole. Apart from replacing Lee Robinson with Scully, and McGill who hasn't shown anything yet although there is still time, everyone else is pretty much an improvement on what we had before. But he's obviously not a manager or motivator, having failed at East Fife and also failing here. I'd like to keep Shields in his role and advertise for a new manager, although if Shields got the job on a temporary basis it wouldn't surprise me to see him succeed in it. But Stevie needs to move on imo.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 20:43

Young squad needs led by an experienced manager, we don't have that at present.

We didn't play a left midfielder today. Overloaded on the right and left a gap in front of Edwards, we are lucky they Nesbitt for them is rank.

I loved Crawford as a player, one of my absolute heroes but right now he isn't the man to take us forward. 6 wins in 30 games, 20% win rate over 30 games is sackable in any walk of life.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 20:49

If the opinion is to remove Crawford but not Shields, I’d be interested to know why? What is the evidence to support binning Crawford but retaining Shields?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 20:55

Shields was brought in to bring the youth on and he’s done a good job.
Iv watched some of the games he’s been in charge off and the football has been good to watch. I don’t know why Stevie c is so negative!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nightboat  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 21:21

Fed up with ‘it’s a young team, needs time to blend’. What a load of crap. Does any of the top teams take time to blend? No. The Manager is responsible. He chooses the team and should be judged by the results. Crawford never has been a Manager and is proving again. If we don’t change immediately we will be definitely relegated.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 21:34

I’m probably going to get slated but no one has mentioned the board as they made the decision to bring the management team in and the advisor McNamara.
Crawfords track record in management is brutal.
I’m really not interested now with folk saying Ross saved the club, that was years ago and imo he was great but it’s what matters now and it’s not good enough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 22:52

Lol. Who are you suggesting we replace the board with.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 22:56

Wasn’t there today but seems like a contrast from last week where we created plenty but couldn’t put them away. Consistency (in performance, not necessarily result) goes a long way in this league and we have struggled for it big time. Hopefully the small break allows us to get boys like Mcdonald and Paton back fit and have a few more options. The bench looked bare today
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 23:01

****** booooooooo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 23:01

Neither today’s match or the Alloa game can be described as entertaining matches! The only league match that was any good was the first 45mins against Dundee and every other game has been rank!

We don’t need to replace the BOD just need an experienced manager! John Potter and SC were inexperienced managers. Credit to AJ he did a reasonable job but took us as far as he could.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 23:12

I never said replace the board but they are quick coming out slating the fans etc with statements and have been quiet regarding the teams/management performance.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 23:26

The board have given Crawford a good crack at it, and it has gone from bad to worse. Last home league win March.....25 percent win rate is relegation form. The Crawford out chants are coming very soon....fans have had enough. It's our club and we want change now!!

Post Edited (Sat 05 Oct 23:33)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 23:43

If I was Crawford to save myself get the whole team in and sort things out.
If that doesn’t work out then walk!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 6 Oct 00:59

“Shields was brought in to bring the youth on and he’s done a good job.
Iv watched some of the games he’s been in charge off and the football has been good to watch. I don’t know why Stevie c is so negative!”

So because in a non competitive environment the team is playing some good football then he should be saved should there be the cull you repeatedly call for? Results would say different. One win in the reserve league so far, V QOS. Not that different to the first team.

It’s difficult to defend ANY of the management team on results so far, but there seems to be a free pass for Shields similar to the free pass Davidson got when he was here. When we were winning it was Davidson who got praise from many and when we lost it would be Crawford getting the blame. Greg is part of the management team with Crawford and Dair, and as such should be getting the same level of criticism. I have no doubt that those three when they are analysing things are accepting their fair share of responsibility.

They all need to improve as a collective, but they deserve a bit more time. If by end of November we are in 9th or 10th then it’s time to make a change. But let’s just be careful what we wish for........

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 6 Oct 01:08

Queen of the South reserves haven't won a league game since the reserve league was reintroduced so their last league win was against Alloa in February 2014.The win against them was in August and we've lost every reserve game comfortably since failing to score in 3 of the last 4. Of course results aren't the be all and end all in that league but it can't do the confidence any good.Crawford must have had a better record with them than Shields?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 6 Oct 09:49

Both have to go, both are charlatans.
Shields claiming he'd never seen a dressing room like it....oh...really Greg?
Liar.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 6 Oct 10:46

Well, at least he's been in the dressing room and you haven't presumably, so where does that leave us? Fake news like everything else you disagree with?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sun 6 Oct 11:13

Opinions so far, we’ve failed to match the quality of football we played against Dundee in the first game of the season. We give away a lot of penalties at home. Some of our better players are injured & it’s really hurting our performances. A lot of supporters aren’t willing to back the manager & players. There’s no atmosphere at EEP.
I’m living in hope we get a wee break & everyone cheers the f?&k up!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimMcDAFC  
Date:   Sun 6 Oct 11:57

Surely a lot of the players that we are using in the reserves are 16 or 17 year olds from the fife elite set up, certainly in a lot of the teams picked by Shields.Although I am sure Shields and Dair have their say the buck stops with Crawford. I mean can you imagine Fergie giving way in a selection decision or the tactics decision to his assistant. Have to say I am surprised how cautious Stevie sets out his team considering he was an out and our striker.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 6 Oct 13:49

Why we appointed the Dundonald coach as our assistant is beyond belief what credentials did he have apart from being Stevies mate and our board sanctioned that it beggars belief

G.B
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: