DAFC.net
Home 14 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Shambles at Cappielow
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 22:10

I'm not talking about the football - there are enough threads about that - but the shambolic ticketing and turnstile arrangements. The usual end we enter by was all locked up with no staff or signs to say what the arrangements were for away fans. It turned out all tickets were being sold from kiosks right next to the turnstiles at the other end of the ground. There seemed to be as many staff in the kiosks as there would have been at the turnstiles so I don't know how this saves money.

All Pars' fans were seated at the far end of the main stand where the seats were obviously designed for people of no more than medium height - a very uncomfortable experience for all the strapping Fifers who attended.

COWS usually has information for travelling Pars fans but this week there was none. I really despair of Scottish football when fans are treated as shabbily as this.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Shambles at Cappielow
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 22:13

I aggree but even Morton we’re trying to stop us getting into the ground to watch that crap!😅😅
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 23:22

Aye, less legroom than Ryanair. It's a wonder their main stand has a building safety certificate. Real dump.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 5 Oct 23:53

Just as well there wasn't much to shout about today, had there been any contentious decisions having the Pars fans walk through the Morton fans could have been interesting to say the least. A bit annoyed it wasn't mentioned before the game or that they didn't open the gate at the usual end at full time given I parked where I normally do and had to walk all the way round twice!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Oct 00:25

Me too, kp. They couldn't give a toss about the fans though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 6 Oct 00:37

Scottish football

On one hand, bemoan the numbers of spectators and complain about lack of income into the game.

On the other hand, don’t inform travelling supporters of a change to the normal accommodation, then put in this absolutely ridiculous system in place to queue at a window to buy a ticket to then sidestep 4 paces to go in a turnstyle. Furthermore, £20 to watch two scared teams play defensive football while your knees and legs are cramped up in seating conditions that frankly aren’t safe ( god knows what would have happened if there had been a fire today), and the view is restricted by the height of the roof and amount of fences/pillars in the way.

Good one, well done Morton 🙄

But we’re fans so we the mugs will just carry on paying it eh...? Maybe not for much longer...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 6 Oct 01:39

They’re in financial trouble that’s why the kiosks were set up at the last minute.

COWs didn’t report on it because the usual match officials weren’t in attendance and Morton probably didn’t consider advising anyone else in the Pb either. Their background staff are usually ok but it’s all in a bit of a turmoil right now.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 6 Oct 12:09

Thanks Buffy

Our COWS info on Away games is usually spot on so wouldn’t surprise me it was the shambolic comms from Morton. Financial trouble or not, surely they can sort out their communication.

Post Edited (Sun 06 Oct 12:18)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 6 Oct 12:48

Was told the reason we weren’t at the usual turnstiles as the toilets down that end of the ground had no electricity

Post Edited (Sun 06 Oct 13:02)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Oct 13:00

That would have been a bonus!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 6 Oct 13:12

"Was told the reason we weren’t at the usual turnstiles as the toilets down that end of the ground had no electricity"

We've used those gates before and had to sit in the stand.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sun 6 Oct 14:22

I'm generally quite forgiving of poor treatment of fans but yesterday, for the first time I can remember, I seriously thought '**** paying £20 for this'.

Cappielow actually isn't a bad ground and if I was a Morton fan I think I'd quite enjoy going there and standing in the cowshed. The corner of the terracing we've had the last few times is OK and the open end behind the goal is great on a nice day. The stand is horendous though and being put in there makes for a horrible experience.

We've been in there quite a few times in the last 10 years or so, but yesterday I just though '**** this'. Happy to go back to Cappielow if we get a bit of the terrace, but if it's going to be stand only I doubt I'll be there unless it's a particularly big game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 6 Oct 15:53

I know I hate the stand with the lack of legroom Socks but Christ you must have been squeezed in like an empty tube o toothpaste!

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LuckyTiler  
Date:   Sun 6 Oct 22:01

Adding to the fans' anger was the steward at the turnstiles who in response to accusations that it was a shambles answered "Is there a problem?". If he's been on the Customer Management course, it must be the same one Donald Trump went on, where they teach you just to deny that anything is wrong.

"Ay there's a problem. We've driven over 60 miles to see a football match here, it's 5 past 3, and you've not managed to get us into the ground yet."

The reason he gave that there were no signs or stewards at our usual gate telling us where to go was that "It all costs money". Well, there WAS a steward at that gate, but he was locked behind it, just stood there, too far away to speak to anyone.

I got the impression that they're using the financial situation as an excuse to just give up trying.

Away the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Sun 6 Oct 23:00

Paid a score for possibly the worst match day experience I can remember. No wonder attendances are dying on their bottom .

The Prophet - 12/07/18, 13/06/19
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: