DAFC.net
Home 14 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Morton's goal
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Mon 7 Oct 01:10

Just watched pars tv

Is it the most blatant foul throw you've ever seen before the switch of play. ?

How the ref never called it is beyond me.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Morton's goal
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 7 Oct 09:55

at point of release?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Mon 7 Oct 10:10

Ashcroft ball watching yet again
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Mon 7 Oct 13:07

Looked like it to me his foot way off the ground as the ball left his hands

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Mon 7 Oct 13:19

Looks a legit throw to me from those stills. Anyhow - 'foul throw' is a bit like the '6 seconds' rule. Never really enforced, unless the the perpetrator is taking the proverbial. I'm good with that pragmatic approach tbh - if ALL transgressions were penalised, we'd never see any action between the free kicks.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Mon 7 Oct 16:12

Quote:

Bandy, Mon 7 Oct 13:19

Looks a legit throw to me from those stills. Anyhow - 'foul throw' is a bit like the '6 seconds' rule. Never really enforced, unless the the perpetrator is taking the proverbial. I'm good with that pragmatic approach tbh - if ALL transgressions were penalised, we'd never see any action between the free kicks.

A throw in is an utter basic in football. 6 year olds playing the game in an organized capacity should be able to do it. It is one of the things that grips my poop tunnel. Alongside stealing yards at a free-kick, timewasting and "shielding" the ball out of play (pure obstruction). The pragmatic approach leads to apathy. There would be plenty of action between free-kicks if these professionals just didn't do it.

Oh yeah, shirt pulling too.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 7 Oct 16:49

Where did the extra time come from?

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Oct 16:59

"Where did the extra time come from?"

5 subs + goal with steer of 30seconds additional per event + any actual injury/additions for time wasting etc

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 7 Oct 17:29

Kiltie went straight off the pitch when he was subbed. Was that not changed to avoid time-wasting? Very few refs add time for goals. I can't remember any injuries in the second half or blatant time-wasting. Shouldn't the ref have warned or even cautioned anyone who was wasting time?

Are you in the referees' union, Pup?😊😊😊
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 7 Oct 18:32

Time to get VAR looking at throw ins ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Mon 7 Oct 19:21

Why do we bother teaching youth players to drag their feet if we're just going to say that it's not a foul throw if you lift your foot up on release? Calling a foul throw does not stop the run of play because the throw in is a restart itself. The A/R should have been watching his feet.

I've looked again at the footage, and his foot is clearly off the ground on release. Refs at this level can't be bothered with calling foul throws, though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Mon 7 Oct 19:27

I think we should be much more concerned about our defending - the picture clearly shows all 11 Pars players are in the box which means the player receiving the throw is under no pressure whatsoever.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Oct 21:45

"Are you in the referees' union, Pup?😊😊😊"

I may have spent saturday afternoon between c. 14:00 and 16:30 dressed in all black. Not sure about union just happy to provide an independent review of things.

The above incident of the throw-in was questioned on my social media hence why I was able to show difference from what looks an obvious foul throw to what was the case at the point of release. Throwing with 1 leg in air is actually more of a hinderance in most cases i would have thought

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Mon 7 Oct 21:58

Just look at that first picture and half the team are ball watching and half are not goal side in front of their men. The defending was brutal.
There is no organisation at all!

Post Edited (Mon 07 Oct 22:01)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Oct 23:15

You'd hardly believe we've only lost 9 goals in 8 games.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Mon 7 Oct 23:20

With that defending I’m surprised we have not lost more.
Looking at those 2 photos the players don’t know what they are doing!
I would expect more awareness off a team at Pitreavie on a weekend and I’m being serious btw.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Oct 23:27

I see you neatly side-stepped my points about subs, goals and time-wasting, PuP.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 10:04

The defensive line looks fine in both photos, it's evidently not a man for man system.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 13:57

Where did the extra time come from

Good question. I wonder if SC asked the referee this in his post-match conversation.

The whole question of stoppage time is probably worth some analysis.

The normal rule of thumb is 30 seconds per substitution, but if, say, 3 substitutions are made simultaneously, you wouldn’t add on 90 seconds. (And if both teams substitute 10 players in a pre-season friendly, the ref wouldn’t play 10 extra minutes.) In fact, in pre-season games, the ref often doesn’t add anything on. And then there was the infamous Peterhead game when they were down to 8 men, and the game had become farcical – from memory the ref blew up bang on the 90.

I would guess 3 or 4 minutes is pretty common (talking about the second half only). You can normally make a pretty decent guess – how many substitutions were there, were there any injuries, has the referee made an exaggerated “pointing at his watch” gesture? The ref will often wait for a convenient time to blow (e.g. as a goal-kick or clearance is made, or the ball being in the middle of the pitch. None of the Clive Thomas blowing as a corner is taken nonsense.

As for Saturday – I think there were 5 subs, and no injuries, so I expected 3 minutes. I saw someone an exchange between a Pars player and the ref when it looked like he signalled “1 to go” when virtually 3 minutes were up.

I think they scored after 48:33. I thought SC might have made more of this.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 14:09

Cheers McCaig. That’s why I asked as I thought it was extended beyond the normal ET scenarios.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: