DAFC.net
Home 14 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Crawford Shakes it all about
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 08:29

SC does tend to play players out of position in roles not suited to their natural game, perhaps players would perform better if they played where they were comfortable
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Crawford Shakes it all about
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 09:34

Maybe it's because he doesn't have a clue? Just a thought.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 09:44

Sometimes injuries to players mean others have to play out of position to compensate. Keyboard managers don't have to face these issues.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Murchadh  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 10:06

He played Beadling on the right hand side of the midfield against Inverness to nullify the threat of Doran, and it worked. I would expect the same tactic for the Ayr game assuming that Forrest is deployed in a similar attacking left sided position.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 10:14

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 8 Oct 09:44

Sometimes injuries to players mean others have to play out of position to compensate. Keyboard managers don't have to face these issues.

Zackly.
Imagine anyone on this panel of experts saying a professional coach doesn't have a clue! 🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 12:38

I think he tries it of desperation personally.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 9 Oct 12:00

Maybe if we had played Coley and Kiltie on the wings in their familiar positions against ICT instead of Beadling and McCann we might have registered at least one shot on target? Let teams worry about us rather than the other way around especially in your home games.It's pointless nullifying the threat of the opposition if it's to the complete detriment of your own attacking game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Murchadh  
Date:   Wed 9 Oct 13:21

I would agree that a balance has to be struck and results are needed. However, there was clearly a tactic there so it’s not as if Stevie was randomly sticking Beadling out on the right.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: