DAFC.net
Home 14 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Jack Ross
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 15:07

Just seen he has been sacked by Sunderland, Assistant to take over. Nothing about Potter
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jack Ross
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 15:11

Coincidence maybe but the timing coincides with the manager of Barnsley leaving, having got them up from League One the year before.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paul_LondonPar  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 15:19

I thought he'd been doing ok and was surprised by this, but a quick look at the thoughts of some fans suggests otherwise. Too many draws and not knowing how he wants his team to look with constant chopping and changing seems to be the general theme.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 15:21

19 draws in 45 games..

A group of us are going down next month to see Sunderland Vs Coventry. My mate lives down there and says football was poor to watch..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 15:24

That's a shame. Come across as a top bloke. Looks like the draws with Bolton and Rotherham have really hurt him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 15:27

I would imagine that he will get a decent pay off. Plus he should get a job back in Scotland.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 16:15

Feel sorry for the guy. He seems like a good lad. He’ll get another gig soon. Sadly we are too small time for him now. Hearts perhaps?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 16:16

Never like to see any manager lose his job, particularly a promising young Scottish one.

Given he did so well at St Mirren, he hasn't somehow become a poor manager overnight. There's no patience in the modern game and Sunderland are a club where the directors appear to have less than most. Sir Fergie is probably the last manager to get a decent length of time to make his mark on a club after an inauspicious start and boy did he repay their faith...

I would imagine Craig Fowler and John Potter will soon be heading back up to Scotland again very soon. The new manager will almost certainly want to bring in his own management team.

How long before there's speculation about where Ross and Potter will be working next?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 16:28

Remember he was getting touted for the Scotland job, after a disappointing season with the biggest team, with the biggest budget, in the league?

If English League 1 isn't his level, then he'd be as well getting himself back up to Scotland pronto. He'd walk in to any club, outwith the OF, up here.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Superally  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 16:53

Spotted outside EEP 😏

2009/10, 2010/11, 2013/14, 2015/16 dafc.net Prediction League Champion

It's a well known medical fact that some men were born two drams below par.

Post Edited (Tue 08 Oct 16:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 16:56

Just shows how fickle football management is. No manager can really guarantee success. It comes down to the 11 men on the pitch.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 17:38

I was going to say that he was former player, however I don't think he ever played.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 18:26

Hardest job in football turning round a sinking club regardless if size.

Both Sheffield clubs, leeds, huddersfield etc. Were down there for years.

I have a feeling Sunderland will be try every decent manager going with little effect-Chris Coleman and Simon grayson, moyes, allardyce, advocaat- these are all perfectly good.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 19:59

I can't believe Roy Keane and big Sam are among favourites for the Job.

Personally I think ex-magpie Lee Bowyer may be in with a shout but can't see a price for him anywhere . I know it would mean him dropping a division but Sunderland are a way bigger club than Charlton

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 20:03

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Tue 8 Oct 17:38

I was going to say that he was former player, however I don't think he ever played.

No but Ross Jack certainly did. Maybe if the Board decided a change was needed we could get him and Jack Ross in. That would cause a bit of confusion... ☺

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Oct 20:28

Imagine having them as Co managers. That would confuse the press. 🤔

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: