DAFC.net
Home 11 November 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 January transfer window
Topic Originator: tappies par  
Date:   Wed 30 Oct 02:23

Being realistic with our budget and our position in the league what areas do you think we need to strengthen? I would like to see us get 1 or 2 out and out wingers. Something we’ve been crying out for the last 2 seasons. Maybe a more experienced keeper would give our defence more confidence. Would love to see maybe Cammy Bell or Tomas Cerney maybe even Neil Alexander if he’s still playing. Getting Joe Thomson back will be like a new signing since he’s been out for so long.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: January transfer window
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Wed 30 Oct 03:18

Would take Cerny in a heartbeat. Gil isn’t ready imo and Scully is absolutely dire, so yes, GK is a position we need to strengthen in. Wasn’t Anthony McDonald not signed to play as a winger? Is he injured?

We’ve been unlucky with centre-back injuries as well. Think we’ll be a lot stronger once Lang and Murray are back as well.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)

Post Edited (Wed 30 Oct 03:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 30 Oct 08:07

Centre back pairing of Martin and Ashcroft is looking very strong
A headache for SC when Murray is fit again, Edwards has made full back position his own so to bring Murray in either Ashcroft or Martin would have to drop out

Neither is deserving of losing his place so a good problem to have for Craw
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 30 Oct 08:17

"Topic Originator: 1970par |
Date: Wed 30 Oct 08:07

Centre back pairing of Martin and Ashcroft is looking very strong
A headache for SC when Murray is fit again, Edwards has made full back position his own so to bring Murray in either Ashcroft or Martin would have to drop out

Neither is deserving of losing his place so a good problem to have for Craw "

He might consider playing three at the back? Ashcroft, Martin and Murray would make a better first of it than Ashcroft, Devine and Durnan.
Crawford likes his full backs to be high, even in the current formation, so I'd be surprised if he didn't give it a go, especially as Paton tends to play deep.

In terms of strengthening, I think we could do with a left-sided player like Dow and I think there was one on show last night in the shape of Bobby Linn.
A good, experienced keeper should also be on his wish list.

Thomson's return will probably mean that Turner needs to give way in midfield? Hopefully, another season or two will see him mature physically and fill his frame?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Wed 30 Oct 09:06

Defo an experienced goalkeeper and once Joe Thomson is fully fit to give us the drive from midfield we will be fine .

G.B
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: