DAFC.net
Home 18 November 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Pars V QOTS
Topic Originator: parak obama  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 14:07

DUNFERMLINE: Ryan Scully: Aaron Comrie, Lee Ashcroft, Lewis Martin, Josh Edwards: Ryan Dow, Paul Paton (c), Kyle Turner, Greg Kiltie, Kevin Nisbet, Andy Ryan.
SUBS: Tom Beadling, Gabby McGill, Harry Cochrane, Danny Devine, Josh Coley, Miller Fenton, Cammy Gill (GK)

QUEEN OF THE SOUTH: Robby McCrorie: Scott Mercer, Darren Brownlie, Callum Semele, Kevin Holt: Daniel Pybus, Lewis Kidd, Abdul Osman, Faissal El Bakhtaoui, Jack Hamilton, Stephen Dobbie (c).
SUBS: Gary Oliver, Connor Murray, Andrew McCarthy, Darren Lyon, Ewan Gourlay, Craig Burns (GK)

[IMG]http://share2.co.uk/f/1152_471_P300411_16.49_[02].jpg[/IMG]
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pars V QOTS
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 14:27

'Jesus Christ' Fenton already on the subs bench?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 14:32

Quote:

Andrew283, Sat 2 Nov 14:27

'Jesus Christ' Fenton already on the subs bench?

Was on the bench on Tuesday
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MarianneInOhio  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 14:52

So did Ashcroft give up being captain? I'm so confused.

#COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsPryde  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 15:03

MarianneInOhio wrote:

> So did Ashcroft give up being captain? I'm so confused.

Paton was made captain at beginning of season. Ashcroft is vice captain.

==============
Have your say, Join the PST Today

Proud to be a Par

"If you don't want to wear the jersey, stay in the dressing room": Norrie McCathie

Post Edited (Sat 02 Nov 15:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MarianneInOhio  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 15:38

They've both worn the band in the same match though. Just wondering why it went back to just Paton - although having both wearing was really odd

#COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BlackLight  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 15:57

Just posting here, because it is the match thread after all.

Decent first half. Chances for both teams, but the Pars somewhat on top I think. Now facing the right way.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 16:22

We f***ing scored.

Does anyone care?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dafc1996  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 16:26

Nope doesn't look like it..... If they did... Mad exodus
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 16:32

Dow really has been an excellent signing
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 16:41

Get in
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dafc1996  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 16:42

Dow only signed till end of season hopefully we can tie him up to us early.... Or loose him for nothing in summer.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 16:54

Two good (great) goals. Shaky moments in defence, but Queens played pretty well in possession.

Looks like SC may be getting his first eleven and formation sorted.

Who's celebrating?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 17:01

Excellent result. Only one defeat in seven now and looking up the League rather than down. Great stuff.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 17:01

Back to back wins...really needed.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 17:02

league table looking healthier than a few weeks back - well played Pars.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Murchadh  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 17:08

Much, much better!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 17:18

Really good performance. Other than the long range effort that had Scully scrambling QOTS didn't look like troubling us.

We looked dangerous a few times and kiltie, nisbie and Dow were buzzing everywhere.

Just hope we get a bit of luck with no injuries and continue to build. The defence looked pretty solid.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 17:21

Best I've seen us in a long time. Very comfortable win
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swifty  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 17:22

No failures today. A great team effort. A well deserved win
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 17:31

Good result
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 17:31

Dinnae want tae jinx us but a win at Alloa next week with Utd beating Dundee and ICT drawing with Arbroath puts us 5th and 2 pts from 3rd. Much more comfortable reading.

Or if Arbroath beat ICT we would be 1pt from 4th.

Can we beat Alloa?

Post Edited (Sat 02 Nov 17:34)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lenstar  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 17:35

Great team performance today, Ashcroft and Martin worked well together at the back and held there own, Dow and Nisbet in midfield worked hard as did the forward line. very difficult to pick a MOM, for me it would be between Nisbet and Ryan

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 17:35

Front 4 are a handful, movement is really good. Partnership building between Ryan and Nisbet too.
The Beadling for Ryan substitution is a smart move, an extra man in midfield but still plenty of attacking players on the pitch.It's easy to sing when youre winning but the set up for the last two games looks right for our squad, the off the ball runs of the front four is a cracking watch, long may it continue.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: coventrypar  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 17:40

Great win. Ashcroft oozes confidence at the moment. Edwards did well. Dow and Ryan full of movement. Love the handshakes on substitutions. They play as a squad/team. Backtooey was keech

"If you have no kind words to say you should say nothing more at all"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 17:44

Thought Kiltie played well today. Ashcroft playing very well just now. Deserved victory, with QOS looking poor. Fass should have scored in first half but blazed it over. Dobbie had a good effort at second half that went wide but other than that we were solid.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 17:53

Much better from the team today. Building on confidence.
We have to get Dow on a 2 year contract or he will deffo be gone.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 17:57

First time we’ve played well in both halves this season. We dominated today. Kiltie is beginning to show how talented he is and Dow was equally as dangerous on the other wing. Front two are playing well together also. I’ve always said that on paper we have a decent team but we need to show it on the pitch. We showed how good we can be today. Hopefully we can keep this up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 18:08

Best we have played at home since Crawford took over, Every player up for it today. Martin and Ashcroft looking like they are enjoying their football again. Dow, Ryan and nisbet look like they are forming a good understanding.

The futures bright, its black and white

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 18:21

Comfortable.......

That's been a long time coming but we are starting to look the part all over the pitch.

The back 4 picks itself. Never troubled apart from Martins lapse in concentration that led to a scary moment. The front four are excellent to watch & a nightmare to play against, their movement + ability to interchange roles is improving with each game. Turner adds a bit extra & Paton is Capitano Fabulous.

Well done Craw & Co very impressive!

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 18:23

I really like Kiltie, would be a good signing not we could somehow manage to get him.

Great performance all round and Ashcroft was absolutely brilliant. My mom.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Murphy  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 18:34

Really good solid team performance today. QOS had more of the possession in the 2nd half but rarely threatened. Ashcroft is getting back to the level he was when along side Morris and Martin puts in a great shift every game.
Credit where credit is due, we’ll done the management team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 19:06

Quote :- Re the Dundee Utd. game

Topic Originator: Buspasspar
Date: Sun 27 Oct 14:25

Never a foul.... Some great football from us with a bit of luck/composure we could have won that ......I honestly think we are going the right way

Telt ye :-)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 19:34

Really pleased with that today, we played well and were the better side all over the pitch.

Maybe for the first time since the opening day, the first half was quite decent and I enjoyed it even though it didn't produce any good chances at either end. The second half wasn't as good to begin with, but it picked up quickly and led to a good spell before the first goal. Two well taken goals, particularly the second where there was a lot to do before getting the shot away.

That last 10 minutes was simply wonderful. I don't think I've ever seen a Pars team kill off a game as effectively as that and was very impressed that we managed to do it so well, barely allowing them to cross the halfway line never mind threaten our goal.

Ashcroft and Martin were both good again, though it does make quite a difference when you get away with your one real mistake, something that often wasn't the case early in the season. Well played Kyle Turner also - he's had a couple of stinkers at East End recently and was probably a bit lucky to start today, but he made the most of it and I thought he had a good game in the middle.

The system worked quite well today though I don't think it worked on Tuesday. That was mainly due to the different setups we were playing against, and this has to be taken into account every week. The subtle change today of Ryan being the one to drop off into midfield instead of Nisbet was also much more effective, and it was noticeable that there was a lot of changing of positions among the forward players. Ryan would drop off into the middle, but would also drop wide and change with either of those players when needed. It was very noticeable in the first half.

That was a really good effort all over the pitch with nobody having a poor game. I make that the best 90 minutes we've played this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 19:43

The last three home games have been very encouraging as we eventually imposed ourselves on the opposition and the goals came. That's the way it used to be at EEP when we had a team capable of dominating a game. It helps if we don't concede cheap goals.

I wonder if any of the Crawford-doubters are beginning to have doubts? The way they are playing the team deserves bigger crowds than they're getting just now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 19:54

Socks sums up today's game with his usual perceptive insight, two posts up.

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 2 Nov 19:43

The last three home games have been very encouraging as we eventually imposed ourselves on the opposition and the goals came. That's the way it used to be at EEP when we had a team capable of dominating a game. It helps if we don't concede cheap goals.

I wonder if any of the Crawford-doubters are beginning to have doubts? The way they are playing the team deserves bigger crowds than they're getting just now.

You'll have noticed the "Crawford out" thread has died a welcome death. I must say I'm delighted both as a Pars fan and for Stevie, who is a top man. Here's hoping it never makes a reappearance.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 20:02

I was particularly impressed with the tempo right from the start. Really good performance.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 20:14

We are playing some great football and have been even in defeat the foul count speaks volumes ..... attacking football players don't have to commit fouls .... but defending players under pressure do ..... COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: average white par  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 20:17

Indeed GG... the usual gurning pussed crowd are noticeably absent this evening...

Patience is, indeed, a virtue...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 20:36

Yes.We have to get into teams from the start. Guilty of sitting back before. We have to take the initiative.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 20:40

At the end of the game I was impressed by Stevie shaking the hand of all the QOS players. It was reminiscent of John Robertson, well done.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 20:50

Best 90mins of the season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimMcDAFC  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 21:47

I can see gradual improvement in our team and all the players turned up today. I was particularly pleased for Turner and showed today he can see a pass and has very quick feet and I think he could turn into a very good player in the years ahead if he keeps his head down and keeps learning.Well done to the whole team today and please please keep it going.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 22:00

I think one of the significant factors in this win was we had a wee bit rub of the green. Had one of Dobbie’s efforts in the 2nd half had been on target, then I think he’d have scored - could easily have changed how the game might’ve panned out?

We perhaps didn’t play dramatically better than other games where we haven’t picked up all 3 points; but today we did :)

Interesting stat says neither Arbroath nor QOS had a single shot on target against us ..... also, the number of attempts we had against both was dramatically more than they had against us.

I might’ve said before (perhaps?), when we weren’t getting results, that if we keep doing what we’re doing then we will win games, and am pretty sure we’ll be ok.

On today’s showing, hard to imagine QOS putting 4 past Dundee Utd - but there you go . . . It’s a funny old game!
(Bonus points if anyone recollects who used that phrase, often)

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 22:05

If a team can't manage a shot on goal when they have a striker like Dobbie in their ranks, they don't deserve a rub of the green. What a strange interpretation of a game we dominated. Even AJ admitted we fully deserved the win.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 2 Nov 22:51

There was no luck involved in winning that game although I know what he means. Plenty times in the past we've dominated for an hour only for the opposition to rattle one in from about 90 yards with their first effort on goal.

We were excellent today. Really pleased at how the team seems to be growing.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1957Par  
Date:   Sun 3 Nov 01:19

It's a funny old game saint, Greavsy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Sun 3 Nov 02:05

Spot on 1957Par: “It’s a funny old game” was a phrase frequently used by Jimmy Greaves during Saint & Greavsie’s Saturday lunchtime TV show.

I think their show ran during the late 80’s & perhaps early 90’s?

If memory serves me; Ian St.John used to play for Liverpool and Jimmy Greaves for Spurs, before they began their TV careers? :)

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 3 Nov 03:33

We play so much better as a team when we keep the ball on the deck, rather than lump it up in the air where we generally lose it. Our flow and movement off the ball was a joy to watch at times.

Great result for the Pars!

:)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Nov 05:28

Quote:

1957Par, Sun 3 Nov 01:19

It's a funny old game saint, Greavsy.

Close but no cigar, 1957, even if Questionmaster Gadgie was prepare to give you the prize. What Jimmy Greaves was continually fond of repeating was "It's a f@nny old game, Saint."

I should know, I heard him with my own ears. That's how they talk, dan saff. 😉

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 3 Nov 09:03

looking at stats we only committed 3 fouls ! That ‘ s incredible.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Nov 10:28

Quote:

wetherby, Sun 3 Nov 09:03

looking at stats we only committed 3 fouls ! That ‘ s incredible.

And 4 on Tuesday v Arbroath. These are just the ones whistled by the ref, though. I thought the refs in both games let a lot of fouls go......

Mainly by our opponents, that is.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 3 Nov 12:28

The fouls stat in those two games pretty much point to how much we were on top in both games and how much our opponents couldn’t live with us.

That and arbroath being dirty bassas

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: