DAFC.net
Home 20 November 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Kyle Turner or Joe Thomson
Topic Originator: tappies par  
Date:   Wed 6 Nov 01:00

Whoโ€™s gonna make way when Joe Thomson returns? Will he have to fight his way back into the team starting from the bench? Turner for me has been playing well. Be like signing a new player when we get Joe back. Hopefully Joe can regain the form he was in before he got injured. When we get Eaun Murray and Thomson back will be like 2 new signings and Tom Lang also.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kyle Turner or Joe Thomson
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 6 Nov 01:40

I've got a sneaking suspicion that Steve Crawford can see real quality and even greater future potential in Kyle Turner and if so I would agree with him. I would keep playing him and let him develop further.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 6 Nov 05:54

I'd be very surprised if Joe walked straight back into the team after being out with such a serious injury for so long and with only one reserve game under his belt.
Besides, the same team has won their last two games and kept a clean sheet in both. Why would the manager make any unenforced change and risk upsetting the harmony in the squad?

I think Thomson will be happy enough if he gets a seat on the subs bench and perhaps some 15-20 mins either on Saturday or the following week. When you've been out for so long, that's real progress.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Wed 6 Nov 08:32

Would think his first team game time will come in the cup match.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Wed 6 Nov 08:36

A tricky one as we now have a few options in the central midfield if they're all fit. Thomson, Cochrane and Beadling will all be trying to stake their place in those two positions over Paton and Turner. Especially as the winter wears on, having quality options is really important so I think they will all get their chance to impress. With Thomson it will be important to slowly feed him back into first team football, when he's been out for so long the last thing he needs is another long term setback.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Wed 6 Nov 08:54

Much of an age difference between Thomson and Turner?

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Wed 6 Nov 09:07

Would love to see the two of them as box to box midfielders. Don't see the need to stick with the caveat of having to have a defensive and and an attacking mid.

I always remember when we had Bell and Phinn but they would never get to play together because McIntyre was determined to have a holding and an attacking midfield. The two or three times I remember them getting to play together we won by a good few goals with both of them scoring in a few of the games.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Wed 6 Nov 09:17

Got to Remember Turner is 21 and Thomson is 22 so not much age difference between the two.

I prefer Thomson, feels he has a bit more about him in the bravery category and his energy levels are crazy high as well.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Wed 6 Nov 10:19

Forgot how young Thompson is!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 6 Nov 10:46

God HJ, the memories of Bell and Phinn at their best. Real shame what injuries did to their careers.

For me, didn't see many games last season so can't comment on Joe, but Turner looks like some player if he is given time to develop. Very good on the ball and really helps drive the team forward
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Wed 6 Nov 10:56

I think he will just have to fight his way into the team.

Turner seems to learn really quickly, few weeks ago his weakness seemed to be tackling and positioning- against QOS he bossed his game, and was a crucial player, that's quite a progress.

So we are in a good position, I think all these players will get a chance though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Wed 6 Nov 12:02

Was at the 20s game yesterday. Thomson played the full 90,reckon he'll maybe be a week away from contention. Played well, passing was top notch.

I really like Turner and see his potential so I understand why Crawford likes him so much. However I feel, Thomson is a must play, maybe not straight back in, but after a couple of apps off the bench, he's gotta partner Paton with Turner's fresh legs off the bench.

I mean you could play the 5 in midfield, Dow Paton Thomson Turner n Kiltie. However, that'll mean splitting up Nesbit n Ryan
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 6 Nov 12:20

I doubt if the manager sees it as an 'either/or'. He's probably just happy to have as many options as possible. Current form will be the main criterion in deciding who plays unless there are overriding tactical considerations. Turner already has a few bookings which may affect his future availability.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Wed 6 Nov 13:00

Its a good choice to have and improves squad and bench. However it is not like Thomson was setting the place on fire when he was playing last season. 2 good youngsters with potential.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 6 Nov 13:04

''However it is not like Thomson was setting the place on fire when he was playing last season.''

That's right. It's the old story that a player's reputation seems to soar the longer he is out the team.๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Wed 6 Nov 13:25

wee eck wrote:

> ''However it is not like Thomson was setting the place on fire
> when he was playing last season.''
>
> That's right. It's the old story that a player's reputation
> seems to soar the longer he is out the team.๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

The team was poor, Joe was performing best of a bad bunch, what thats worth I'm not sure.
To many it seems like getting him back is similar to the hype surrounding a new signing, competition though is healthy and if it encourages them to produce more we will benefit.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par_85  
Date:   Wed 6 Nov 14:00

Attacking line-up - Play both and drop Paton
Defensive line-up - Paton in for Turner

Zidane sleeps with a picture of Paul Paton next to his bed #hero

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 6 Nov 14:31

Paton has come on to a very good game and is not just a defensive option. His well-placed through passes have led to a couple of goals recently.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 6 Nov 14:33

Quote:

Paralex, Wed 6 Nov 14:31

Paton has come on to a very good game and is not just a defensive option. His well-placed through passes have led to a couple of goals recently.

Agree
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Wed 6 Nov 16:57

Agree with above comments, we may well go on a losing streak etc. But these players have a complete different mentality.

Regards Thompson, the situation resembles Andy Ryan when he was injured- would have been too good an opportunity to pass him up, I think he is capable of playing at a higher level.

May not happen, but the mentality seems to be a higher standard.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: tappies par  
Date:   Thu 7 Nov 00:23

Not that I want it to happen but I think we will sell Turner on for decent money when he develops a bit more. I think Turner is the player with most potential in the squad. For me far better than Shaun Byrne or Lewis Spence ever was.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimMcDAFC  
Date:   Fri 8 Nov 00:00

I think Thomson and Murray when fit will have to wait until one of the players in the team has a dip in form before they can get their chance of a start.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: coventrypar  
Date:   Fri 8 Nov 05:34

DAFC canโ€™t afford to allow anyone to (a)walk into our team or (b) stay in the team because of their quality if (a) the person in that position already is doing a great job every week or (b) if they have more than one bad game in a row or are inconsistent. We couldnโ€™t attract players if they thought their slot was automatically taken. Thompson, Devine etc should wait their turn

"If you have no kind words to say you should say nothing more at all"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: