DAFC.net
Home 20 November 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Nisbet is on the radar of Sevco
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 7 Nov 09:44

I read, with a degree of disbelief, in the Scotsman gossip column today, that our prized asset is being watched.

"Rangers are understood to be keeping tabs on Dunfermline ace Kevin Nisbet. Reports suggest the ten-goal Pars striker will be scouted by the Ibrox side in the coming months. (Football Insider)"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Nisbet is on the radar of Sevco
Topic Originator: pars no1  
Date:   Thu 7 Nov 09:56

absolute nonsense. If they are looking for a replacement for Morelos they will need to find a better replacement.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Thu 7 Nov 09:59

£10 million + Jermain Defoe seems like a fair settlement
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Thu 7 Nov 10:02

Topic Originator: king lad like | nolike
Date: Thu 7 Nov 09:59

£10 million + Jermain Defoe seems like a fair settlement

And carry on paying his C£20k a week wages.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 7 Eleven  
Date:   Thu 7 Nov 10:59

Yet there were posters on here claiming he (and Turner) weren’t good enough for the Pars!

You couldnae make it up... oh, many already have!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 7 Nov 12:11

Its amazin' the difference a few good results in a couple of weeks can make. Just shows how fickle we all are, including those who are taking note of our players. We are beginning to gel as a team and it would be best for the players and the team if they can stick together and develop together. What we have just now are the raw materials but they are shaping up to be the real deal. So let's hope we can keep them together for a while yet.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 7 Nov 12:17

Not so long ago, I said on here that Nisbet could one day be our first million-pound player, but certainly not yet and certainly not to The Rangers who haven't got a handful of beads in the bank.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Thu 7 Nov 12:34

I remember when Leigh Griffiths was with Livingston there were those who tipped him for stardom and those who reckoned he was a useless wee poacher (or worse!) Lawrence Shankland is at a similar stage, will he kick on to greater things? It's hard to tell, so much depends on a bit of luck and the player's attitude - many promising youngsters fall by the wayside.

But any young player who shows he has an eye for goal will always be on the radar for top clubs, and the way Nisbet took his goal on Saturday won't have harmed his chances. But he has to do it consistently - he's already 22 and before last season he had done nothing much, last season he was prolific for Raith, this season he is promising for DAFC. Fingers crossed!

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 7 Nov 12:41

Is it still the case that we haven't agreed a fee with the Rovers for his transfer? I recall that we thought he was a free agent but offered a nominal fee by way of goodwill but Rovers thought they were due compensation as he was still under contract. I thought it was to be decided by arbitration.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 7 Nov 13:00

The nature of the beast for us is that if he does well and moves on we won't get a lot of cash unless we think he merits a long term contract, have the ability to offer it to him, he signs it and then continues to do well.

This ones a complete non-story though-they haven't even scouted him yet and he isn't up to that level.He's made an encouraging enough start at times but has a lot to learn-he got dropped a couple of weeks ago! Hopefully he continues to bang them in for us for the rest of his duration.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Thu 7 Nov 15:06

Even if it was true..

We'd probably come to some stupid settlement for him, like 2 players on loan from them for a season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gem 1977  
Date:   Thu 7 Nov 15:16

Topic Originator: wee eck like | nolike
Date: Thu 7 Nov 12:41

Is it still the case that we haven't agreed a fee with the Rovers for his transfer? I recall that we thought he was a free agent but offered a nominal fee by way of goodwill but Rovers thought they were due compensation as he was still under contract. I thought it was to be decided by arbitration.

I read somewhere (P&B possibly), that the tribunal was held on 29th October.
Some folk were saying we still hadn't received the cup money from Rovers and this had been written off with the transfer of Nisbet. May well be a load of nonsense though :)

Here's to the first of the day, fellas! To old D.H. Lawrence.
Neh! Neh! Neh! Fuh! Fuh! Fuh! Indians

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 7 Nov 16:16

Quote:

par_33, Thu 7 Nov 15:06

Even if it was true..

We'd probably come to some stupid settlement for him, like 2 players on loan from them for a season.

But it isn't.....so we won't.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Thu 7 Nov 20:03

No chance this will happen
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jwd1103  
Date:   Thu 7 Nov 21:03

If it comes to pass that we do sell him to Sevco when he's still under contract to us then get the money in cash , in full , up front. I mean they only have going concern warnings in their accounts so who suffers most if it turns out they can't pay - certainly not Sevco
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: average white par  
Date:   Thu 7 Nov 21:06

^^ "up front"... oh, how we laughed...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Nov 22:52

And, should it come to pass, the board do accept installments/deferred payments.. do we still laugh ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Nov 22:57

Sorry AWp - missed your irony there however my comment above still stands.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Thu 7 Nov 23:02

Honest to god any raspers on here think Stevie Gerard wants to sign Nisbet?😅😅😅😅
WTF....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 8 Nov 10:47

Scotsman newspaper now running with the story.

Apologies to OP, just came up on Facebook feed this morning, along with Celtic watching Shankland,

Post Edited (Fri 08 Nov 11:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Fri 8 Nov 11:14

Hi Scotsman ***waves to scotsman***
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Fri 8 Nov 11:36

The OP says it was from the Scotsman 🤷🏻‍♂️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Nov 11:49

Bye the way, it seems that Morellos is going nowhere. What a goal last night. Looks like Gerrard knows what he's doing and a nice little victory for Celtic in Roma and Scottish football is on the map again. We can all benefit from that. It was also good to hear Gerrard say after humbling the mighty Porto that he had a massive game against Livingston at the weekend. I think Kevin Nisbet has a way to go before aspiring to Rangers forward line but he's on the right tracks and we want him wearing the black and white for some time to come.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 8 Nov 12:36

Nisbet to Rangers is one of those 'It's been a quiet day in the office' type of reports. I like the boy but he'd bring nothing to the level Rangers are playing at tbh.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Nov 12:43

It could attract some interest from other clubs and push up any potential transfer value.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Fri 8 Nov 13:12

"We can all benefit from that"

If Scotland gets higher in the coefficient then we would have 5 places in Europe - 2 CL, 1 Europa League, 2 Europa Conference... sounds great but those 2 CL spaces (for which the money is massively bigger than that for the other 2) will in all likelihood go to Celtic and Sevco, just getting us back to the boring old duopoly with no hope at all for anyone else. Sounds great.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Nov 13:46

But slightly better than the monopoly we've had in recent years Kelty and I guess there's a little reflected glory for the alsorans in playing teams with a good European profile. It could pull the overall standards up and make football fashionable again with Scottish youth.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Fri 8 Nov 15:28

Is it? During the monopoly period, its true Celtic have won the League every season but plenty of other teams won the League Cup and Scottish Cup, but with the return of the duopoly (and the even bigger disparity it will lead to), I can foresee every cup final being contested by Celtic and Sevco for the foreseeable future, unless someone doing the draw doesn't get the memo and draws them together in an early round.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Nov 16:55

A wee bit cynical there Kelty. I would prefer to see the benefits of the situation and who knows another Alex Ferguson or Jim McLean may emerge, taking one of the lesser teams to European glory. Albeit, I do acknowledge that the disparity in wealth between the top two and the rest is even greater than it was then. I suppose, having moved from Fife to Glasgow, as a boy, I've always taken the view of making the most of my circumstances and enjoying the football scene wherever I could find it but never losing my fundemental support for the Pars. The cup competitions are weighted heavily in favour of the OF because playing at Hampden is like a home game for them. But I do enjoy the buzz about the city, the visiting European fans and the healthy side of the OF rivalry.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsPryde  
Date:   Fri 15 Nov 09:58

Apparently breaking news in "Football Insider" is the headline:

"Revealed: Celtic want to blow Rangers away in hunt to sign red-hot striker"

Celtic are planning on stealing Nisbet out from under Sevco's nose. REALLY???

Not sure there is even a smidgen of truth behind these stories about Nis being head hunted by the ugly sisters but despair for him if it comes true.

Fear he would be another "good prospect" who spends more time warming bench (if he even gets that far to be getting a seat) than actually getting game time.

==============
Have your say, Join the PST Today

Proud to be a Par

"If you don't want to wear the jersey, stay in the dressing room": Norrie McCathie
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Nov 12:18

He has made a slightly better than average start to his Dunfermline career and hopefully he really takes off from here but "red hot" is a gross exaggeration.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Nov 12:26

If the OF weren't interested in Shankland it's hard to believe they would be interested in Nisbet.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Fri 15 Nov 12:33

Nisbet was on Thistle’s books for a while so both the big two in Glasgow would have found it hard to ignore him coming through the ranks. Makes sense that they would be keeping tabs on him.

One thing tho to be getting watched and another to be subject of a £2million bid tho 😉

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Fri 15 Nov 13:09

He played against Celtic as a lone striker and did well at least you could understand how he came to their attention, but while playing fairly well he's hardly been producing stuff that has stood out in the Championship let alone at their level.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Fri 15 Nov 13:52

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Fri 15 Nov 13:09

He played against Celtic as a lone striker and did well at least you could understand how he came to their attention, but while playing fairly well he's hardly been producing stuff that has stood out in the Championship let alone at their level.

Fans said similar about Sol Bamba.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 15 Nov 15:05

Bamba did go onto play in the 'Best league in the world' tbf
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: