DAFC.net
Home $D " ; ?>
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Graeme Robertson
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 9 Nov 19:05

Great interview with former Pars Right Back Graeme Robertson on BBC ALBA there. He is now kit man at St Johnstone, and it gave a good insight into his job. He was one of my favourites as a kid, I remember watching him play against Dunfermline for Queen Of The South in the mid 80s, and my Dad was raving about his performance, and saying we should be signing him, he was delighted when we did
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Graeme Robertson
Topic Originator: allanwilson10  
Date:   Sun 10 Nov 02:39

I spoke to him a few weeks ago in the pub!

A nice guy who had been one of my favourites back in the day. He told me that he had been out to Chine in a coaching capacity and had really enjoyed it. He seems genuinely pleased to be still involved in football in any role. He will always have a soft spot for The Pars - and he regards his time with us as the best days of his playing career.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Sun 10 Nov 23:10

He loved to pick out a long pass (not always successfully mind you!) and some of my favourite Pars goals of the late 80s/early 90s were set up by Graeme Robertson flighting the ball to John Watson.

The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel the warmth.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Mon 11 Nov 01:26

Goes out with Jason Cumming's mum. A bit of useless information for you.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 11 Nov 11:56

Best goal he was associated with was scored by Raymond Sharp. Graeme was playing for Ayr when Sharpie picked the ball up at the half way line. Robbo was heading for him shouting at him to shoot so he did, and scored fae about 30 odd yards.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Mon 11 Nov 14:19

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 11 Nov 11:56

Best goal he was associated with was scored by Raymond Sharp. Graeme was playing for Ayr when Sharpie picked the ball up at the half way line. Robbo was heading for him shouting at him to shoot so he did, and scored fae about 30 odd yards.

Nah best goal he was associated with was his own rasper against Real Sociadad.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net