DAFC.net
Home $D " ; ?>
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Anthony McDonald
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Tue 12 Nov 19:29

Played for Hearts reserves today and got 80 minutes. Wonder if we’ll see him at East End by the end of the year?

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Anthony McDonald
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Tue 12 Nov 19:46

Did I miss something? Did he get sent back to Hearts or were we just waiting for his injury to clear up? Surely if he’s getting 80 mins for Hearts reserves then he should be fit enough for us after the international break.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Tue 12 Nov 20:58

I think the injury he arrived at us with was a bit worse than first thought so he returned to them for treatment and will return to us once he’s sorted.

You’d think after 80 minutes he should be back but just need to wait and see

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Tue 12 Nov 23:39

Hopefully we can get him back, just feel we'd have a more natural out and out winger with him in the team to compliment Dow. Although our form has picked up a bit, I'm not convinced Kiltie's being best utilised out on the left
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Wed 13 Nov 06:48

Who are you leaving out to incorporate McDonald ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 13 Nov 06:57

''Hopefully we can get him back, just feel we'd have a more natural out and out winger with him in the team to compliment Dow. Although our form has picked up a bit, I'm not convinced Kiltie's being best utilised out on the left.''

With Levein no longer at Hearts, it may well be that any loan deals he agreed will no longer be valid. The new manager is likely to want to assess every player in his squad at first hand.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 13 Nov 08:25

“ With Levein no longer at Hearts, it may well be that any loan deals he agreed will no longer be valid. The new manager is likely to want to assess every player in his squad at first hand.”

He is registered with the SFA as being on loan with us and cannot play any first team games for Hearts until at least January, when Hearts have the option to recall him and Cochrane.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 13 Nov 08:30

“ Who are you leaving out to incorporate McDonald ?”

Take out Andy Ryan and go with the 4-2-3-1 with Kiltie in behind Nisbet. Kiltie is much less effective out wide and Andy Ryan seems fairly ineffective when he starts. Defences seem to work out very quickly that he disappears if they are physical with him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Wed 13 Nov 10:29

Par 91 that would be my preferred option, as I'm still not overly convinced by Nisbet and Ryan playing together. I think taking it on a game by game basis, assessing what the teams in our league have struggled against in the past in terms of formations and personnel is important for us. We have several options to adapt now and hopefully Crawford can improve in changing a game plan at HT when it's evidently not working.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 13 Nov 12:20

I think Nisbet operates better with a partner as his hold up play hasn't been the best in the games I've been to although admittedly I haven't been to every game.

In the 2 years and 3 months since he's been here I make it that Andy Ryan has only ever played 90 minutes for us in the league 6 times. We've lost 2 of those(Tannadice this season and the infamous Falkirk game last season) He's our player-give him a fair crack of the whip and a run of games and let him sink or swim.If he doesn't do it over a period of time then fair enough but being in and out of the team isn't going to help his performance levels.In all competitions he's started 26 games and scored 16 goals for us which is a fairly decent return given the stop-start nature of his Pars career and our form for large parts of that time.

I stand to be corrected on this but I make it he has played the full 90 in these league games only

21/11/2017 Morton
21/04/2018 Inverness
28/04/2018 Dumbarton
03/11/2018 Alloa
10/11/2018 Falkirk
26/10/2019 Dundee Utd

It would be good to get a bit of continuity up front and see if they can forge a partnership.Surely there is a distinct possibility that we will lose Kiltie back to Kilmarnock in a few weeks as well?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 13 Nov 23:47

Season long loan

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 14 Nov 11:21

Kiltie, Cochrane and McDonald all had January recall options for both parties as far as I remember. Keena was on a season long loan last season.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net