DAFC.net
Home 27 January 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Neil Warnock
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Wed 13 Nov 23:50

Could he be heading to Scotland, could be interesting given his volatile nature

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/neil-warnock-who-earlier-year-expressed-desire-manage-hearts-or-hibs-leaves-cardiff-921547
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Neil Warnock
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 14 Nov 00:56

I seem to remember Neil Warnock making some very positive comments in the press about the Pars and East End Park after he had paid us a visit to watch a match. I think it was back in the Jimmy Calderwood days.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Thu 14 Nov 07:06

That’s be interesting to read OzPar. Is there an article or such anywhere online?

I think Warnock will be done with football now. Can’t see him leaving England after all those years to come up to Scotland.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Thu 14 Nov 07:37

Ian Holloway seemingly interested in one of the Edinburgh jobs as well. Both of them will raise the profile down south of these clubs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Thu 14 Nov 07:53

As stated on another thread Carlisle are looking for a manager - Warnock would be a perfect fit in the short term for them until Danny Grainger gets a bit more managerial experience and then takes over.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Thu 14 Nov 09:34

I’m sure Neil Warnock stays in Scotland and has done for a while. I’m sure I remember him saying he stays near Loch Lomond when he was getting linked with the Scotland job a while back.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hay Fever  
Date:   Thu 14 Nov 10:33

Interview with Warnock last year on Sky says still has an ambition to Manage in Scotland before he retires. Loves the Scottish spirit. Good Man
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Thu 14 Nov 11:12

He said last season that when he left Cardiff he'd be interested in management in Scotland. Hearts or Hibs was mentioned by him as he felt they should be challenging Celtic or Rangers. He's a real character and would be a loss to the game if he retired. However his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2017 so he may choose to spend more family time.

Post Edited (Thu 14 Nov 11:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 14 Nov 11:35

Row ZZ.

I had a look for the article which would likely have been in The Scotsman or The Herald, but nothing came up. I did, however, find a short reference to his visit on the Pars Database. Here's the link:-

http://www.parsdatabase.co.uk/Digests/2003%2012.htm

He was the Sheffield United manager at the time and was up for the game that we beat Rangers 2-0 in 2003 (remember the Vanoli own goal?). It basically quoted Yorston denying that Warnock was at EEP to size up Stevie Crawford.

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Thu 14 Nov 12:13

He comes across as bit of an erse but can't knock his record especially in the English Championship.
Raging Brexiteer too.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Thu 14 Nov 13:12

I would love to see Warnock up here. Think he would be a better fit for Hearts than Hibs though. Imagine the chaos he’d cause. He doesn’t take any nonsense.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Thu 14 Nov 14:55

Oz

I too remember Neil Warnock given us a very favourable write-up in his newspaper column at the time.

I think he was in a good mood because he had been looking for a bite to eat, expecting a sandwich, and John Yorkston arranged for the chef to cook him Roast Beef, Roast Potatoes, Yorkshire pudding etc which went down well with the Yorkshireman.

As far as I remember the game was in midweek against Hibs and Stuart Dougal was the referee as his handling of a bout of fisticuffs between Iain Campbell and AN Other also met with Warnock’s approval.

Putting these clues together, I am going to suggest the game in question was the League Cup quarter final between the Pars and Hibs on 8 November 2005 which the Pars won 3-0 (Burchill 2, Mason).

I can’t remember if Mason’s goal was the one where he slalomed in from the left corner flag beating half a dozen players, or whether it was a more prosaic header from a cross.

I think that must have been the year Iain Campbell was erroneously suspended and possibly missed out on a Cup Final appearance.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Thu 14 Nov 21:06

I think he bet a Hibs fan in the stand £10 that the Pars would win and said it was great taking a tenner off a Scotsman!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net