DAFC.net
Home $D " ; ?>
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ryan Blair
Topic Originator: preston par  
Date:   Fri 15 Nov 12:15

Anyone know what happened to him? Had a quick look about the internet but can't really find much info!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ryan Blair
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Fri 15 Nov 13:27

He is on trial at another Championship club after being released by Swansea. I think it's Ayr he's at?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 15 Nov 13:38

No great loss, decent at set pieces and that was about it. Would rather have Edwards on them anyway
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Sat 16 Nov 18:02

Aye Edwards doing a great job, 0G 0A this season...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 16 Nov 18:34

Edwards is pretty decent in my opinion.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Sat 16 Nov 18:55

Yip big potential given he is 19

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 16 Nov 21:44

Couldn’t tackle a fish supper. Him and williamson the most timid footballers I’ve seen in a pars top.

Could strike a ball tho....

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!

Post Edited (Sat 16 Nov 21:47)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Nov 23:11

My point was he is on set pieces and yet is still to contribute a goal or assist
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 16 Nov 23:53

Edwards had an assist last week...for Alloa.😊😊😊

He looks a decent prospect if he can cut out the occasional howler. He can certainly deliver a good cross.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 17 Nov 17:22

Playing regular will help Edwards cause think he will emerge as adecent full back

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 17 Nov 17:58

Am I correct that Edwards has a 2 year deal with an option for another year? Plus I am not going to pass judgement on the lad for having a howler, most players have them at sometime.

matt forsyth

Post Edited (Sun 17 Nov 18:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Helmsdale Par  
Date:   Sun 17 Nov 21:37

After being released by Pars in July this year after a short term contract he is now unattached.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 18 Nov 00:10

I think Edwards has been one of our most consistent and reliable players up until his horrible performance against Alloa. So, I just want to see him dust that grim game off and get back to his normal self. He is a good young prospect.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Mon 18 Nov 01:12

Quote:

OzPar, Mon 18 Nov 00:10

I think Edwards has been one of our most consistent and reliable players up until his horrible performance against Alloa. So, I just want to see him dust that grim game off and get back to his normal self. He is a good young prospect.

Agree with Ozpar .
He is a young player and is going to have a bad game .Its times like this that the senior players in the team should identify hes having a bad game and give him support .Also the manager should also notice and if required sub him .
I am sure he will turn this bad game around as Ive seen enough in the lad to think he will become a very good player for us .He has had more good games than bad .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Mon 18 Nov 10:35

Josh Edwards is 19. Some should let that sink in for a bit before melting him eh? Some posters on this site have no idea sometimes...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Nov 12:51

There’s also a difference between ‘melting’ him and pointing out facts. Has been good in a few games and has cost a couple of goals (ayr and alloa spring to mind) which is fine as everyone is entitled to some mistakes as said before. My point still stands that his attacking output stands at 0 so far and should be better considering he’s on set pieces.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Nov 14:05

He's a left back and doesn't disappoint in that position. Not every full back is Andy Robertson.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Mon 18 Nov 14:34

I'd also like to know who Ross thinks is a good full back that doesn't sell goals, at any level. In the times I've seen Edwards play I've been shocked he's only 19. Not huge physically but he's good at getting forward, capable enough defensively and gives us a good option at set pieces
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Mon 18 Nov 15:11

I like Edwards - looks like an exciting prospect with bags of potential - I much prefer his attitude over Ryan Blair’s - can’t be entertaining anyone who continually shirks 50:50 challenges. I think Ross is getting a bit of a hard time here though - looks like a bit of a flippant throwaway comment, he’s not slaughtering him - i’m confident the assists are just round the corner.

The likes of Turner and Edwards though might benefit from being pulled out of the firing line for a few games every now and then - our squad should be big enough to accommodate this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Mon 18 Nov 16:14

Ryan Blair is on trial at Ayr United.

I'm not as taken with Edwards as others, I prefer Martin there but he's alright really, which is what you'd expect for a 19 year old at this level.

Not sure about his dead ball delivery tbh.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Nov 21:57

Assuming Andrew ignored my whole comment as I firstly said mistakes are fine and secondly how are we now defining ‘good at going forward’? I would class it as creating and scoring goals which as i’ve now said 3 times he’s scored none and assisted none. Once again, I think he needs to offer more going forward to start getting the kind of praise he’s getting.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Nov 22:26

You never see stats for goals prevented by defenders but that doesn't mean they should be judged like midfielders and forward players on the basis of goals scored and 'assists'.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bouncer  
Date:   Mon 18 Nov 23:28

Not sure why Blair & Edwards are being compared with each other.
1 is a defender and the other a midfielder.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Nov 23:55

Quote:

RossDAFC, Mon 18 Nov 21:57

Assuming Andrew ignored my whole comment as I firstly said mistakes are fine and secondly how are we now defining ‘good at going forward’? I would class it as creating and scoring goals which as i’ve now said 3 times he’s scored none and assisted none. Once again, I think he needs to offer more going forward to start getting the kind of praise he’s getting.

He's a left back! His job is to defend. Please stop!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Tue 19 Nov 09:56

My point was not personally directed at you Ross.

More a general point tis season around posters having a right go at players who are starting their careers. Stuff you post online is there for young players to read again and again.

Criticism is fine but writing off players and having nothing positive to say is only going to have negative results in my opinion.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Nov 11:34

I think some set very high standards for players on here. Every missed chance, missed tackle, loose marking etc is highlighted when, in truth, these are commonplace in football, especially at the level we are playing. Everyone seems to be judged by Champions League standards.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Nov 11:35

Berkey in a nutshell.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net