DAFC.net
Home $D " ; ?>
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 dave mackay
Topic Originator: Andy Walter  
Date:   Tue 19 Nov 22:18

I met Dave about 83 or early 84,since then we have been to many games together, with good friends at the pars and also at many a junior game, he also dragged me to see his beloved caley in Inverness to see them in a highland derby against thistle,which caley won with a great strike from Charlie Christie, a local hero. A great day out, while Caley was his first love, Aurtherlie was his junior team of choice, with the pars his local team, but Dave was more than football, he taught me guitar, took my wedding photos and introduced me to single malts and good red wine. What more could you ask? I can honestly say I have never met a nicer, friendlier, funnier guy in my life. The word is a sadder place without Dave Mackay slainte COYP
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: dave mackay
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 07:19

That's a lovely tribute, Andy. The reason nobody has replied to it is that there was already a thread on it. I see you are new to this forum. It would have been better if you had just added your tribute to the existing thread.

Maybe admin could combine the two?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
 Re: dave mackay
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 09:16

Hi Andy, I had forgotten that Dave first introduced me to some small regional wines from the south of France.
Are you coming down to the funeral tomorrow? I am up from Leeds and will be meeting up with Alan in Edinburgh tomorrow lunchtime to attend.
Graham
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net