DAFC.net
Home 17 January 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Mourinho ~ Spurs
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 07:08

Jose Mourinho named new Tottenham manager succeeding Mauricio Pochettino

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50483023

buffysbuns.wordpress.com

Post Edited (Wed 20 Nov 07:12)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Mourinho ~ Spurs
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 07:10

bad move by Spurs !
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 07:36

No way Jose
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 08:21

Time will tell another big pay off in 2 years ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 08:58

My Spurs mate is absolutely devastated.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 09:11

Stan Collymore saying :-

Amazing how some have bought into "Mourinho the winner" without any regard for how he leaves clubs.

Unbalanced, fractured, overspending,soulless.

Everything Spurs tried to avoid.

Good luck, I like Spurs a lot, but it's not how this man comes in, it's how he'll leave you.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 09:35

Odd choice, this is not a good fit.

Mourinho, Benitez etc. Need money and control-
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 11:49

Benitez has a pretty good record on no money.

The cynic in me is that Mourinho has been brought in as the 'bad guy' who sells Kane to balance the books for the new stadium.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 12:13

Jose's two greatest triumphs happened at clubs where he spent comparatively little, Porto 2004 and and Inter 2010.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 13:17

Imagine quoting Stan Collymore.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 15:50

The Surly One back in the Premiership has completely spoiled my day. I'll get over it by tomorrow, but Spurs fans will be scarred for life. ☹

Has Levy forgotten the state he left Man U in after shelling out plenty for the likes of Pogba? I doubt Spurs will offer him a bigger war chest than Man U.

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Wed 20 Nov 15:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 16:43

What about the playing style? Spurs under Poch were a pleasure to watch. When has Jose played expansive football?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsFrontMan  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 17:10

Spurs attacking players are going to be in for a shock. I feel for the likes of Kane and others because they aren't going to enjoy playing for Jose.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 17:29

Quote:

USMac, Wed 20 Nov 16:43

What about the playing style? Spurs under Poch were a pleasure to watch. When has Jose played expansive football?

Style can just gtf as far as Jose concerned. All that counts is winning. If that necessitates kicking, biting and scratching, so be it. He likes everybody in the squad to defend together. Remember him falling out with Hazard at Chelsea for not tracking back?

I can see the likes of Kane and Eriksson bailing out at the first opportunity.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 17:33

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JnrB  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 17:49

I know right, it’s almost like he took spurs from being a mediocre team to being a consistent top 4 and title challenging team, Or to a champions league final on a smaller budget than those around him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 17:56

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 18:03

Quote:

Pars Kebab, Wed 20 Nov 17:56

How many trophies did he win ?

Aye, cos that's all that matter, right? To be second is nowhere....

I'll be watching the Spurs revolution with interest. It's not so long ago that Jose was failing at Man U and Pocchetino was being tipped to succeed him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 19:01

Football surely is based on success, Jose apart from Fergie is the best manager in last 10/15 years. Won trophies everywhere he’s been, pochettino won absolutely nothing and isn’t that great a manager imo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JnrB  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 19:09

That’s utter nonsense. If you are basing it purely on success then Guardiola is a far more successful manager than Mourinho. Mourinho failed at Real Madrid, chelsea mark II and Man Utd.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 20:35

It's taken Jürgen Klopp a few trophy less seasons to build his Liverpool team into a side that can now win titles on the back of the Champions League success. None of that can happen immediately and while Spurs have had a faltering season this time, they have been making progress year in year out and so the decision to sack Poch was wrong on so many levels.
There is a natural feel when a manager has taken a team as far as he can go. I just didn't feel it in his case.
Signing Mourinho is an act of desperation and will backfire.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 00:14

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 20 Nov 18:03

Quote:

I'll be watching the Spurs revolution with interest. It's not so long ago that Jose was failing at Man U and Pocchetino was being tipped to succeed him.

I agree partly with you GG but your anti Mourinho agenda makes it hard to take you serious. The guys a serial winner, Champions League with Porto and Inter on an absolute shoestring to Europe's apparent elite. Even at Man U, won the Europa League and FA Cup, no one has come close to that since Fergie, granted it ended fairly badly. There is no doubt this will go one of two ways but I don't think he will have the pressure he had at Man U or Chelsea Mk2 and I can see him doing well there even if the football is woeful.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 00:42

I think Mourinho may give the Spurs fans the silverware they crave in the short term. However, he’s bound to fall out with the powers that be there and I fear in 3 years time they’ll be in a worst situation than they are now.

Much as I like Poch I think he felt undermined there and looked to have fallen out of love with them - I felt a change was inevitable but not sure this is the right one. Klopp and Guardiola have shown you can be both exciting and successful at the same time - Mourinho is so stubborn he’ll be determined to prove he can still beat them without changing his own style - time will tell but I suspect he’s wrong.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 00:45

Obviously having some of the most talented attacking players on the planet has nothing to do with their success.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 01:05

The only titles that really matter these days is the EPL or the CL... Everything else is chicken feed.
So the question is.. Or should be...
Will Spurs give the special one enough money to mount a challenge for either? 🤔

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 07:00

Quote:

Frank Butchers LoveHandles, Thu 21 Nov 00:14

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 20 Nov 18:03

Quote:

I agree partly with you GG but your anti Mourinho agenda makes it hard to take you serious. The guys a serial winner, Champions League with Porto and Inter on an absolute shoestring to Europe's apparent elite. Even at Man U, won the Europa League and FA Cup, no one has come close to that since Fergie, granted it ended fairly badly. There is no doubt this will go one of two ways but I don't think he will have the pressure he had at Man U or Chelsea Mk2 and I can see him doing well there even if the football is woeful.

I don't have an "agenda" against Mourinho, Frank, I just don't like him or more accurately, his managerial philosophy, which is basically that it doesn't matter how you win, as long as you win. Do you remember the two Inter-Barca CL semi-final ties? Or even the Porto-Celtic UEFA Cup final? Or again Real's performances v Barca which included him poking Tito Villanueva in the eye?

Anyway, just cos I don't like the guy, doesn't mean my opinion is inadmissible. By that logic, we can only consider the comments of those who think he's a great manager cos he's won a wheen of trophies. It would be interesting to have a survey among fans of clubs he's managed previously with a simple Jose - aye or no. I suspect that only at Inter would the "ayes" have it, but concede it would be close at Chelsea and Porto.

Eta. As I recall, Man U were completely outplayed by Southampton in the League Cup final and Ajax were effectively strangled by his tactics in the Europa final. There's no doubt his style wins trophies but, as you yourself concede, the football is woeful. Spurs fans would put up with him if he did win the EPL - they were last Champions in 1961 but to win it now would require zillions and the club hasn't spent anything this year. What makes you think Levy will suddenly start throwing it around like confetti?

Post Edited (Thu 21 Nov 07:09)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net