DAFC.net
Home 07 March 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Pochettino sacked
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 19 Nov 19:38

Levy has ballsed that one.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pochettino sacked
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 19 Nov 19:41

In talks today apparently Thinking it could have been consensual
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Tue 19 Nov 19:43

Would like to see what he can do with a lot off money to spend on players.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Nov 19:43

Quote:

Buspasspar, Tue 19 Nov 19:41

In talks today apparently Thinking it could have been consensual

The statement said the board were reluctant to make the decision to replace him. Definitely sacked.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Nov 19:44

Quote:

EEP, Tue 19 Nov 19:43

Would like to see what he can do with a lot off money to spend on players.

Very likely to end up at a team with a decent-ish budget. He's done very well with what he's had at Spurs and he wont be short of job offers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 19 Nov 19:45

He will be in charge of Man U shortly.

Sounds remarkably similar to what Mourinho done at Chelsea

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Nov 19:56

Hope he doesn't go there I think he would do well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Tue 19 Nov 20:01

Man Utd’s gain. Rafa to Spurs? Going to have to be someone who’s good with money anyway.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 19 Nov 20:53

The bookies are going 1/3 Mourinho......

Bye, bye entertaining, cavalier football at the Lane, then...... ☹

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Tue 19 Nov 20:55

Bayern bound now possibly?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 19 Nov 21:57

Spurs about to plummet back to mid table obscurity I think. Erikson leaving, Toby and Jan wanting out, probably others
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Tue 19 Nov 22:43

Balsed up the contracts, Levy to blame there.

Need to pay for the stadium, so can't see how they can replace the players.

I think next appointment will be from Bundesliga- Red bull or Hoffenheim- that sort of coach.

Rafa and Mourinho really function with money, and too abrasive for Spurs.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 09:33

Nostradamus strikes again, Mourinho it is!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 13:16

Imagine hiring a manager with a proven track record of winning trophies. Outrageous.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsFrontMan  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 17:11

He'll not be out of a job long.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 19:53

I hope Poch does not go for the first thing offered. He certainly can go to a top-level job, e.g., Real Madrid or Bayern Munich, but I'd like to see him go to a place where the team he inherits isn't expected to win the league immediately. Arsenal would be an interesting choice, but that might be too close to home.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Wed 20 Nov 20:31

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 20 Nov 13:16

Imagine hiring a manager with a proven track record of winning trophies. Outrageous.

Exactly and he has a point to prove after the way at ended at Man U. Reckon this could end up being a very good appointment.
Also good value for winding up Liverpool fans.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 07:14

Quote:

USMac, Wed 20 Nov 19:53

I hope Poch does not go for the first thing offered. He certainly can go to a top-level job, e.g., Real Madrid or Bayern Munich, but I'd like to see him go to a place where the team he inherits isn't expected to win the league immediately. Arsenal would be an interesting choice, but that might be too close to home.

Arsenal could well be the first top level job that does come along. Now that would be interesting. Spurs fans wouldn't like it but they couldn't blame him for taking it. It could hardly be seen as a betrayal, like the big centre half whose name escapes me right now.

Post Edited (Thu 21 Nov 07:14)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 12:17

I like Pochettino and would certainly have kept him on instead of Mourinho.Spurs should have held onto him and I've no doubt that some club would have eventually come in for him and they would've got compensation if they wished to let him go.Sure they've lost the occasional player but it's a myth to say he didn't have any money to spend.

Clarke 10
Ndombele 55
Sessegnon 25
Wanyama 11
Janssen 17
Nkoudou 9.4
Sissoko 30
Sanchez 42
Foyth 10
Aurier 23
Llorente 12
Moura 25
Wimmer 4.3
Trippier 3.5
Alderweireld 11
Njie 8.3
Son 22
Vorm 3.5
Dier 4
Yedlin 2.5
Fazio 8
Stambouli 4.7
Alli 5

There's £346.2 millions worth with some undisclosed ones to go on top of that

eta Sol Campbell GG

Post Edited (Thu 21 Nov 12:29)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 12:32

I read that Pochettino's net spend at Spurs was a little over £90m. I'm sure that the club will have more than recouped that from their CL forays alone.

It will be interesting to see if Mourinho can generate the same level of success, without the open cheque book he constantly demands of his Chairmen.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 12:55

If you compare that to Klopp who has a net spend of £67.25 million then he still had a few quid to spend.Admittedly he may have got a few more quid but their stadium must've been a huge outlay for them?
Mourinho's up against it with having the fans against him from the outset.They are only 3 points off 5th-that's the best they can do this season imo so potentially no CL money next season. Should've stuck with Poch.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Nov 15:29

Sol Campbell - how could I not remember his name without googling? I knew he was big and black, though. ☺

There's no doubt Klopp has built a better team than Pochettino, but does Liverpool's net spend not involve a bigger turnover? So if you get more money for the players who leave (Suarez, Coutinho) you are able to bring in better players to replace them and strengthen the squad.

Not for a minute suggesting Poch is a better manager than Klopp, who exudes confidence and charisma. I'd imagine his players have lots of admiration and respect for him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Fri 22 Nov 23:33

Suarez and Coutinho preceded Klopp so he was able to benefit from the proceeds of their sales. In contrast, Poch did not similarly benefit because Spurs did not sell any big assets.

Klopp and Poch were the two top managers in the EPL for building up teams in my view. Yes, Pep is excellent, but he had an awful lot to work with coming in and gobs of funds after that.

GG, I would love to see Poch go to Arsenal in the near future. That seems to me an easy match. I think he will have other offers before that arises, though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 22 Nov 23:58

A lot of managers will be worried that a big beast like Pochettino is on the loose.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 10:37

I read that Mourinho's salary would be £13m pa compared with the £8.5m they were paying Pochettino.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 11:09

Mourinho has won, what, 20 trophies, Champions League twice, and transformed at least 3 underachieving clubs.

Its not to be discounted, he is still one of the very best managers in the world, I think these days he needs money to achieve that, but he has a proven record of transforming decent players into world class players.

Lets see what he can do with Delle Ali, Eriksen etc. Interesting.....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 11:41

Some good choices already. Rose and Sissoko punted. Can't believe how Sissoko has played every game so far. Poch must have had a blind spot with him?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 11:41

Quote:

neils, Sat 23 Nov 11:09

Mourinho has won, what, 20 trophies, Champions League twice, and transformed at least 3 underachieving clubs.

Its not to be discounted, he is still one of the very best managers in the world, I think these days he needs money to achieve that, but he has a proven record of transforming decent players into world class players.

Lets see what he can do with Delle Ali, Eriksen etc. Interesting.....

I think he'll want to bring in players he knows and trusts. There's already talk of Matic arriving from Man U. I don't think the two players you mention will fit in with Mourinho's work ethic, so they'll move on in the summer, if not sooner.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 11:50

Probably, but there's a large core of disaffected players at Spurs- if he can turn round a few...

This is a fascinating appointment once you look at it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 13:19

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 13:21

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 13:28

Quote:

Pars Kebab, Sat 23 Nov 13:19

Phenomenal tactical performance from Spurs so far . Poch’s Tottenham were extremely weak. A lot of ignorance posted on here regarding Mourinho by posters you’d expect more from in recent days. I’ve enjoyed watching Spurs more in 45 mins than I have all season.

You must be some match analyst, Kebab, as you're able to spot the difference Jose has made in just 45 mins against an out of sorts West Ham who are on a really poor run. Aside from making 3 changes in personnel - 1 enforced - he's probably just told his team to go out and play a bit more directly.

But then, I'm maybe a lot more ignorant than I realise. I'll reserve judgement on Mourinho's progress until the end of the season. That's likely to provide more evidence than 45 mins, in my humble one.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 13:38

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 13:48

Quote:

Pars Kebab, Sat 23 Nov 13:38

You’ve not exactly reserved judgement on Mourinho though have you? He’s been in the firing line from yourself . Have you actually watched Spurs under Poch this season? Absolutely shambolic tactically. Massive improvement already.

It can't be denied that Spurs have been well below the levels we've come to expect from Poch's team, this season. Maybe if they'd been playing West Ham every week?

What I do know is that many Spurs fans, who see their team every week, are absolutely raging that Pocchetino was sacked and that Mourinho was in his office while his chair was still warm.

Not a lot of class shown by Levy there....

Eta. I did say I'd reserve judgement on Mourinho's PROGRESS, rather than the man himself, but perhaps you missed that?

Post Edited (Sat 23 Nov 13:51)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 13:59

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 14:00

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 23 Nov 13:48

Quote:

Pars Kebab, Sat 23 Nov 13:38

You’ve not exactly reserved judgement on Mourinho though have you? He’s been in the firing line from yourself . Have you actually watched Spurs under Poch this season? Absolutely shambolic tactically. Massive improvement already.

It can't be denied that Spurs have been well below the levels we've come to expect from Poch's team, this season. Maybe if they'd been playing West Ham every week?

What I do know is that many Spurs fans, who see their team every week, are absolutely raging that Pocchetino was sacked and that Mourinho was in his office while his chair was still warm.

Not a lot of class shown by Levy there....

Eta. I did say I'd reserve judgement on Mourinho's PROGRESS, rather than the man himself, but perhaps you missed that?

I get the feeling even if Mourinho does well at Spurs you'll dismiss it in some way.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 14:08

Emmm, I think that's how football works, any new appointment is lined up-if Mourinho doesn't come up to scratch the same happens to him.

If he does well, Any Spurs fans won't give a jot, the board has to have a plan b in place.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 15:01

''You clearly missed Ali’s work rate for the second goal GG. That’s a bit awkward for you.''

I missed your post, too. :-) Ali did brilliantly there, but he's not the type of player you would look to dig you out when things are not going well.

"Spurs have massively upgraded manager. The sensible ones realise that. Poch has won absolutely nothing and had taken them as far as he could. For me Mourinho is still up there with Pep and Klopp as the best managers around.''

I think you're being very harsh on Poch. He's taken Spurs from also rans to CL regulars, narrowly missing out on the top prize last season. In terms of trophies, Mourinho is a top manager. Do you rate Klopp but not Poch because Liverpool beat Spurs in the CL final?

''I get the feeling even if Mourinho does well at Spurs you'll dismiss it in some way.''

Not at all. Jose's record speaks for itself. That doesn't mean I have to like the man or the brand of football his teams normally play. Some of you have short memories. Less than a year ago, Man U were a laughing stock. A club with their resources should never be out of the top 4.

Eta. Agree 100% with Neils above.

Post Edited (Sat 23 Nov 15:02)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 15:59

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Sat 23 Nov 17:24

I'd take Poch at EEP right now !
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net