DAFC.net
Home 10 December 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Anyone feeling inspired?
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 09:20

Crawford has turned out exactly as predicted, dull as dish water and hopeless.

In saying that, is there anyone out there genuinely inspired by the dross football and inspid interviews?

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Anyone feeling inspired?
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 09:31

One thing that is lacking at E.E.P. at the moment is inspiration. from the top to the bottom , clueless

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 09:31

He has nothing about him whatsoever....zero passion in his interviews....imagine the players fall asleep when he speaks to them. The chairman needs to grow a pair and get an experienced manager onboard.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 09:44

Hard to believe he is a motivator of men.

He managed to get 5 wins in a row from a team last season and then lost them somehow.
There have been flashes that the players this season have enough ability but Crawford is not the man to get the best out of them.
Every manager at this level tells you its little things, fine margins and if SC is lacking in areas thats enough reason to get someone else in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 09:50

My main issue is, he clearly doesn't have the right ability as a manager to get players out of a slump if they've had a poor first half. It was fairly evident the players needed a boot up the erse at HT and they came out and did just as poorly in the second half. Our record versus part time teams has been absolutely shocking. I know perhaps there isn't as much of a difference in the modern game however the extra time you have in training can be put towards working on tactics, extra fitness/conditioning, technique, teamwork etc. I can accept losing a game away to Arbroath etc as a full time team but to lose against Arbroath, alloa and Stranraer is unacceptable.

Losing this early in the cup as others have pointed out will be a hit in the coffers. I don't think he's quite at the point where he will be gone yet, but a further slump down the league table and a change will be inevitable. I really hope Crawford can turn it around as he has such a great affiliation with the club, but he really needs to have a run of form in the league now to save himself from the sack. Another worry would be the lack of impact from loanees, Cochrane, McDonald (hasn't had a single minute in a pars shirt due to injury) Kiltie has been okayish, Coley seems a strange decision as he doesn't look ready for the first team. The run up to January is crucial for the club now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 09:55

I think the problem lies with the chairman, he cannot keep on making bad decisions maybe a change is required to take the club forward.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 10:22

“I don’t want to say Kiltie or Cochrane would have changed the game as that’s unfair to the players playing today”

Why are you still worrying about the players feelings after Stranraer defeated us (by all accounts) so convincingly? He sounds like such a pushover.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 10:27

Crawford for me has never sounded like he owns the job, no command or drive.
If wasn't Stevie Crawford he'd have been hounded by now.
There is no one telling me that laddie is a motivator.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: truesupporter  
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 10:44

Never felt as uninspired as I do at this moment.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alan  
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 11:33

Great Post King Lad. Totally agree with everything you said. Stranraer were really up for the game yesterday from the start, were in control for most of the game, and total deserved their win. Very annoying yesterday considering the financial implications to the club of getting knocked out of the cup, and even more annoying consider our players have had 2 weeks rest to prepare for this game. As you mentioned continually getting beaten by part time teams is totally unacceptable. You can also add Edinburgh City to the list from earlier this season as well, and It does make you wonder what actually goes on in training during the week. You just knew yesterday that if Stranraer scored first we were out. We created practically nothing and looked as though we could play until midnight without scoring, just like the performances in the defeats by Edinburgh, Arbroath and Alloa.

All of these part time teams look to be very well organised, unlike ourselves, with the managers giving the players lots of vocal encouragement from the dugout.

Stevie Crawford was a great player for our club but was never the right person to be appointed manager. I will be back next Saturday for the Partick Thistle game because it's "in the blood" but I do fear that if the board don't make changes soon to rectify their mistakes then crowds will start to plummit, with the real possibility of part time football returning to EEP in the not too distant future.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 11:52

''...with the real possibility of part time football returning to EEP in the not too distant future.''

That could be a good thing then!😊😊😊
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 12:37

Part time players may be the way to go. Just think about this. We probably pay our senior players around £600 to £800 per week. Perhaps others have a better insight than me. The average wage in Scotland is approx £500 per week therefore I would imagine our players are on slightly more than average money. As we are one of the better supported clubs I would imagine that we could offer very good part time money and as such get the pick of players who have a decent job and don't want to lose it. We have already been beat be part time teams so it's not as if we are fitter or have better tactics than the likes of Alloa.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 13:04

Would the long-term plan be to stay part-time?

What if we improved to the extent that we got promoted to the Premiership?

Would it also mean giving up on the youth development programme?

There are lots of things to consider about going part-time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 13:08

I'm sure when we went part time in the 70's it was seen as a short term measure, will we get another Jim Leishman coming along to lift us again.
With our support we should be a full time club and challenging. The way forward is to look at te correct people from the boardroom down to get us to that standard
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 13:17

Going part time would be a negative move.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 14:09

If we went part-time we’d be in danger of becoming garbage...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 14:34

A Premiership fanbase, stadium, facilities etc and we are suggesting we go part-time? Jesus wept.

There has to be a big change at EEP but doing that is absolutely nonsensical.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 24 Nov 14:43

If things don't improve the crowd numbers will drop, prices will have to increase and that will start a circle of decline. When gates are around the 2000 mark what will happen?

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: