DAFC.net
Home 10 December 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Championship Form (Last 6 matches)
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 20:48

I know it doesn't feel like it, and Saturday's cup result was almost intolerably bad, but when it comes to league results over the last six games, Dunfermline is actually one of the in-form teams!

Dundee Utd 15
Arbroath 13
Dunfermline 10
Dundee 9
Alloa 8
QoS 7
ICT 7
Ayr 6
Morton 6
Partick 6

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Championship Form (Last 6 matches)
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 20:50

Polishing a turd comes to mind
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 21:09

"Polishing a turd comes to mind"

True, but (probably apart from Dundee Utd) that's pretty much the quality and consistency of the league we're in!

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 23:23

.net has already spoken for all fans. No point putting up stats against the agenda
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 03:48

Kinda funny how stats are what count until they count against your agenda.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 06:23

PARrot wrote:

> Kinda funny how stats are what count until they count against
> your agenda.
>
>
“Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics”

You can be selective with what stats you like ( sandwiched in there are 3 home wins and 3 away defeats inc. the cup game)

However the big picture is if you are genuinely satisfied with the way the team are performing under Crawford then your acceptance of mediocrity is an indication of where we have fallen to.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 09:25

''You can be selective with what stats you like ( sandwiched in there are 3 home wins and 3 away defeats inc. the cup game)''

You've been so selective you've included a Cup game in a thread called 'Championship Form'. Why?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 10:23

wee eck wrote:

> ''You can be selective with what stats you like ( sandwiched in
> there are 3 home wins and 3 away defeats inc. the cup game)''
>
> You've been so selective you've included a Cup game in a thread
> called 'Championship Form'. Why?

Why dont you instead put last 6 matches in the league cup or last 6 matches at home then it might suit the agenda better. It's headed Championship form to deflect from Saturday and because it masks the reality. Maybe it would be better headed "Happy Clappers".
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 10:35

I didn't start the thread so I had no 'agenda'. You're the one who manipulated it to suit your 'agenda'. The lack of self-awareness from some posters on here is hilarious but also a bit worrying. I think it will be League form that decides Crawford's future so that's probably why Stanza chose to highlight it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 10:48

wee eck wrote:

> I didn't start the thread so I had no 'agenda'. You're the one
> who manipulated it to suit your 'agenda'. The lack of
> self-awareness from some posters on here is hilarious but also
> a bit worrying. I think it will be League form that decides
> Crawford's future so that's probably why Stanza chose to
> highlight it.

Very easy to start a thread to suit an agenda, it's clear the intention of the thread is to try and counter the effects of Saturdays embarassment.
It's the acceptance of mediocrity that will bring the club down, different season same people clapping away regardless of what they are served up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 10:51

A 6 game form guide proves nothing.Everybody has had different fixtures within those 6 games and teams will have had a differing amount of home and away games.The league table is all that matters.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 10:56

If we could maintain ten points from six matches form we'd end up on about 55 points. I think ten points from the last six champ games is satisfactory.

It's just that defeat to Alloa followed by defeat by Stranraer is like one hammer blow followed by another even more crushing one. But it doesn't necessarily follow that we're only as good as our last two matches.

We're a wierd team, results-wise this season. The only pattern I see is big highs and big lows. I think that might continue all the way this season. Are we in a trough? I don't think so. We've just lost two away games. At EEP with Ash back against Partick I hope we'll do better.

I'm just lookin' on the brighter side a wee bit. I'd say if we lose to the Jags we're in a trough and fear the worst. If not, we're still on the big dipper.

Post Edited (Tue 26 Nov 11:07)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 11:01

If Stanza feels inclined maybe he'll tell us why he started the thread but it's pretty clear why you decided on your own sequence of results. It's a shame you've resorted to the old 'happy clapper' insult. I've said before I thought Crawford's appointment was a risky one and I think it was made even riskier when the club decided to pursue the development route. I do believe it will take time to judge progress though. Unfortunately some fans don't have the patience for that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par_85  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 11:01

always find it funny when the people spouting negativity will usually use 'the we haven't won in the last x amount of games or only taken x points from x' as a go to why a manager should be sacked, but then refuse the opposite when it's used to prove things aren't as bad as they make out

league table at the end of the season is the ultimate decider, but form during the season is the best indicator on how bad things are currently

cup exit was a shocker, performance in next 2 games even more so than result

Zidane sleeps with a picture of Paul Paton next to his bed #hero

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 11:13

wee eck
Tue 26 Nov 11:01

<<< It's a shame you've resorted to the old 'happy clapper' insult. >>>

Yes it's unfortunate that 'Happy Clapper' is a pretty catchy sort of phrase. I'd like to see an equally catchy phrase to label the happy moaners. 'Happy Moaners' or 'Happy Greeters' anyone? 😅

Post Edited (Tue 26 Nov 11:36)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 11:28

How about the greetin' faced girners, the malcontents, the career moaners, the somebody stole my sweetie detractors. I think it's a psychological state, a sense that I've paid my paltry entrance fee so it gives me the right to vent my lifestyle frustrations on these 11 young lads that make up DAFC and the manager in particular.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 11:33

I think you're right, Paralex, but it's got to be something equally catchy.

How about 'Happy Crappers'? 😅

Post Edited (Tue 26 Nov 11:35)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 11:42

If I got as little pleasure out of following the Pars as some folk on here I'd have given up years ago. They must have masochistic tendencies.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 11:48

Yes, I'm surprised you slipped that one past the forum police otu but it does sum up (for me at least) one of the main characteristics of the moaners. That is the tendency to give way to the negative aspects of life instead of embracing the long term view of things and to continue to believe when a everything seems against us. Perhaps that is a lack of courage and the word you have used gives a clear sense of that.

Post Edited (Tue 26 Nov 11:49)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 12:01

Do we have no 'brigades' ? as in 'PC brigade' 'happy clapper brigade' etc.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 12:13

Ref: Paralex
Tue 26 Nov 11:48

Thanks Paralex and the others who have a similar outlook. You've restored my faith in Pars fans human nature. Sometimes there's too much of the other stuff.

BTW, the OP is just facts. Not such bad ones at that. Don't smother them with other mental baggage.

Post Edited (Tue 26 Nov 12:16)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 12:14

How about 'fire brigade' as in 'fire and hire'? There's always a better manager somewhere, it's just a matter of finding him.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 12:18

I like it when folk start posting about getting a new 'manger.' 😅
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 12:40

Well it's coming to that time of year, we will need one?
No mention of donkeys please..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 12:40

A bit seasonal there otu, maybe you should have save that for the first day of advent. But we can live in hope that the season to be merry may rub off on some of our less optimistic fans.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 13:00

What about Unhappy Slappers?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 13:16

Statistics are important in most sports (just about any sport covered in the USA is accompanied by masses of 'stats').

However, as my old buddy Cloughie has been quoted "Football is a beautiful game', and not so because of statistics.

How I'd love Stevie Crawford to be able to emulate Cloughie, or even Jock Stein.

On the current trajectory, I don't think that is going to happen. But, we all have our dreams! :)

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 13:36

It’s not just raw stats - it’s the quality of play that needs focusing on.

The long ball punt has its limitations - as seen at Alloa.

The approach at Stranraer looked much the same.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jock-par  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 16:50

Feel like there has been an over reaction to the last 2 results. Granted I haven’t been at the games, I was at the 4 prior to these and I felt we had turned the corner. I also feel like alloa is one of the better teams I have seen this season and just because they are part time doesn’t mean they will lie down to the other teams. Get behind the team as this is a transition season. Judge Crawford next year

We are Dunfermline, we're on our way back!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 17:16

Well I was at Stranraer and it was one of the most gutless performances I've had the misfortune to watch. Anyone else who was there would say the same so can understand the anger and frustration. However the threads about championship form and it's been a mixed bag. Dundee utd away I thought we were okay, Goalkeeping errors aside. Thought Alloa was a poor performance but on another day we could have won it. Their penalty was a joke and we were denied a stone waller. Recent home games have been decent enough in my opinion but the drop in crowds is alarming. This will continue if we don't string a few good results together.

Post Edited (Tue 26 Nov 17:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 20:37

"If Stanza feels inclined maybe he'll tell us why he started the thread ..."

Just exercising freedom of speech! I enjoy stats - they certainly don't tell the whole story of any human activity, but then neither does subjective opinion.

This site measures current form in all the major leagues over any period. Expanding on the OP, in league matches over the last two months or so, DAFC have been in a decent run of form, at least if the accumulation of points is the only measurement.
https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=11

Over the last 3 games, DAFC are 2nd in the table
Over the last 4 games, DAFC are 3rd in the table
Over the last 5 games, DAFC are 3rd in the table
Over the last 6 games, DAFC are 3rd in the table
Over the last 7 games, DAFC are 4th in the table
Over the last 8 games, DAFC are 2nd in the table
Over the last 9 games, DAFC are 3rd in the table

None of that changes Saturday's cup result or performance. But if we keep those recent league results going (a big "if") it won't be too bad a season.

Post Edited (Mon 09 Dec 13:50)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 13:22

Pars now up to 2nd on league form over the last six games. :)

Dundee Utd 15
Dunfermline 12
Arbroath 12
Dundee 9
ICT 9
QoS 7
Ayr 6
Morton 6
Alloa 5
Partick 4

To be fair, this sort of "form" table can change quite rapidly, as the result 7 matches ago drops out of the reckoning. So even a draw for United at home to Alloa will see them increase their "6-match" points total, while the chasing pack of DAFC, Arbroath and Dundee will all drop "6-match" points if they fail to win on Saturday.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 16:27

At Alloa their keeper made a great save, they wrongly got a penalty and we weren’t given one. On another day we could have had 3 points. That wasn’t the only case on us losing out on points starting with the opening game of the season against Dundee. Some different decisions and we would not be far off from being second. Granted the Stranraer game was a real low with the very poor performance and lack of fight shown. Must say was surprised the manager was not more critical of the lack of fight and will to win shown that game. We have had some other poor performances like at Palmerston. However I think on the whole we are much improved this season on a reduced budget. I agree than on occasion we have been dire but we’ve also played some very nice passing football at times that has been more entertaining to watch this season. We have had some great performances. Credit to the management team too for some of their signings too - Dow and Nisbet sure trump Hyppolyte for me. We also have the new Hearts loanee to come in and Murray coming back later. We have embarked on a new strategy and I am happy to be patient and give it and our management team more time. After all Alex Ferguson took a while to turn Man Utd around. At the start of the season most of us would have been happy with a top 4 finish and we are still on track to possibly achieve this.

As for the antithesis of “happy clapper” - perhaps “entitled fire-brigader” might do ? However dot net would be better off without derogatory terms like these.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 17:13

Quote:

1970par, Tue 26 Nov 13:00

What about Unhappy Slappers?

If there's a group of them shouting they could be.....

The Four Hoarse Men of the Apocalypse
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: