DAFC.net
Home 11 December 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Maybe we need a statement from the board?
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 22:17

As above..... fans get shot down etc so let’s see the forward planning from the board?
Admin please don’t delete as I’m only asking a question.

Post Edited (Mon 25 Nov 22:20)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Maybe we need a statement from the board?
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 22:36

Even better, maybe we need threads uncensored ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 22:46

That would be good aswell😅
Now let’s see what the board have to say??
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 22:50

Is this still a 2 year plan with Crawford and bringing in young guys and mixing with the experienced guys in the team
Just let us know and what we expect from now on?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 23:08

We sure as hell don’t need a statement from you EEP....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 23:19

Bore off you attention seeking nugget

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 23:21

Starting to sound like old firm, demanding statements, embarrassing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Nov 23:31

Honestly you happy clappers are ok with what’s going on?
The board have gone silent over the past months and it’s not like them!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 00:05

when you say "we", how many are you talking about?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 06:43

I’m not at all happy with the performance of the team at the moment but struggle to see why the board would want to make a statement at this time or what possible benefit there would be from one.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 07:36

Given the absence of a Supporters' Council Meeting, it would be good to hear how Ryan Scully and Euan Murray are.

If they feel the season is going swimmingly that would be interesting too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 08:03

There’s no need for the childish “happy clappers” insult just because some folk have different opinions to yours.

I’m fairly sure the Board have better things to do than issue statements on a whim, and if they do it’ll be in the best interests of all concerned at the right time.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 08:38

Being serious for a moment. Board can’t win. When they made regular statements they got filleted by many, now they dont they get criticised.

A statement supporting the manager will be a “vote of confidence” - rarely works! And they ain’t gonna come out and say he’s doing badly.

What they will be saying in private though is taking all into consideration and assessing performance against their objectives that they’ve set.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 09:57

So we are back to the weekly 'the board must make a statement' thread. Ffs....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 10:15

Don't think we need a statement. The drop in crowds will show if the fans are happy or feel they're getting value for money.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 11:50

That's it, people make up their own minds- I wouldn't expect the board or coaches to be hyperactive and make statements/announce no statements/have a hissy fit if we lose/have a bender if we win.

They just have to be calm, there's one guy who is constantly not going back/going back-well up to him, but for his own health probably should stop.

I will be there- that's following a lower league team for me, I have no idea what will happen.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 13:10

I wonder what EEP wants the board to say ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 13:34

I'd like the board to release a statement saying there is no need to make a statement at this time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 13:41

Nice one LPR.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 14:57

Don’t see any need for a statement, unless there’s anything to announce. They’ll have had private discussions with the management team and they should remain private, unless there is something to report.

It would be very unprofessional to come out and say “he has 2/3 games to save his job” in public, even though they may have said this privately. On the other hand, they may have privately said that he has until January to turn it around, or even until the end of the season. Regardless, that is all confidential and should stay that way.

We have made the decision to try and develop younger players. It’s worth noting that is not a short term project and you will not suddenly half youngsters worth half a million pounds within 3 months of this setup. We have to be realistic and not hit the panic button because we’re not getting instant results from this. Patience is important for that.

There’s no doubt that on-field performances have not been good enough on a consistent basis. This is the main issue, not any of the other stuff mentioned above. I think we have made mistakes with the choices of ‘experienced’ players, in that sense. I think we needed an experienced defender or goalkeeper, to help out the back line and would have preferred an experienced forward, who is more ‘street smart’ and knows how to fool defenders, win fouls, link up play etc. But that can’t be fixed right now and the board/manager will have had discussions about these things, with January in mind. Again, there is no reason this should be made public.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 15:11

Let's all be serious we are hardly in a sorry state of affairs here. Few wins can put us right up there. Few defeats and we are in playoffs at the bottom . Unfortunately that's the reality of the league we are in. After seeing the state of some of the names that has been posted shows how out of touch some of the fans on here are. If we just hire and fire we will constantly be blowing holes in our already depleted budget. If you feel that strongly that you can no longer go to the games then so be it but don't fight against fans who don't agree with your agenda if you can't stick with the team through the bad times don't come running back when the good times come around.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 21:02

A dangerously sensible and rational post - at last.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 22:55

Well it’s not good enough and maybe a statement from the club would be positive?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Nov 23:47

Quote:

EEP, Tue 26 Nov 22:55

Well it’s not good enough and maybe a statement from the club would be positive?

What would you like the statement to say?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Nov 07:31

What's not good enough some people need to realise dunfermline aren't the team they used to be. We got caught out and now we are paying the consequences.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 27 Nov 08:28

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Wed 27 Nov 07:31

What's not good enough some people need to realise dunfermline aren't the team they used to be. We got caught out and now we are paying the consequences.

We are currently punching slightly below our weight, which is perhaps not surprising, as we're still fighting the hangover from the period you allude to, Cammy. In the grand scheme of things, we are a club who should probably yoyo between the Premiership and the Championship most seasons.

Of course there are other factors which skew things, not least the money from sources other than gate receipts which principally benefit the Premiership clubs, meaning the likes of Hamilton, Ross Co and St Johnstone are able to survive there while arguably bigger clubs like Dundee, Dundee United, Partick and the Pars are stuck in the Championship.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 27 Nov 08:50

Of course though GG those teams had decent managers to get them out of this level, and into that one.

Does anyone feel Crawford is that guy?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Nov 09:25

Quote:

Grant, Wed 27 Nov 08:50

Of course though GG those teams had decent managers to get them out of this level, and into that one.

Does anyone feel Crawford is that guy?

You're on the wrong thread for that question, Grant. 😉

As long as SC is our manager he'll have my support, best wishes and encouragement. Doesn't make me a "happy clapper" all the same, since I'm neither happy nor clapping at recent results and performances.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Nov 19:13

All the other teams have lived within their means while we didn't that's the difference stable finances means that they can afford more gambles while a few bad moves from us can be catastrophic

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Nov 19:32

"All the other teams have lived within their means while we didn't ......."

What about Dundee x 2 administrations ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 27 Nov 21:13

County are living within there means in the same sense that we were living within our means under Masterton.

Hamilton got scammed out of a million.

Hamilton and St Johnstone got promoted because they had good managerial appointments, it's as simple as that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 27 Nov 21:44

For me it isn't where or who we are punching...but if the current incumbents can get us punching better.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Wed 27 Nov 21:49

In quite a few of our games this season we haven't landed a jab never mind a punch
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Wed 27 Nov 23:16

I can understand that GG. I really want Crawford succeed but so far he has shown to be a poor manager, who has no chance of motivating a team of players (in my opinion.) He failed at East Fife and had no right to take the helm at us in the first place. Bringing in Dair as a first team coach is laughable, especially when he should be looking to bring in an experienced assistant to help him.

I was very close to not renewing my season ticket this season. The petty statements the board have came out with and Crawford’s appointment after the unbelievable decision to give Johnson a two year deal made me seriously consider for the first time whether I should renew or not. The problem is, I struggle to turn my back on my team, no matter what I think of the board or the manager.

I would like to see what the board think so far this season as we should comfortably be in the play off positions at least this season with what we have on paper. We should be where Ayr are, but we look far from that on the pitch.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Nov 07:09

I completely understand your anger and frustration, Ross. Many other Pars fans, including those on the Board, may well share your feelings. Some, like yourself, have chosen to vent your feelings and I respect your right to do that, but I'm not sure how a public statement from the Board would help improve results and performances, which is what every single Pars fan wants to see.

I can exclusively reveal - as Chico Young likes to say - that a Supporters Meeting is being planned for January. I would expect a number of Board members, including the Chairman, to be in attendance. If you can get along to that, it would be the ideal forum for you and other disgruntled Pars fans to make your feelings clear to those who may be able to address your legitimate concerns.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Thu 28 Nov 07:51

Out of interest it was my understanding that AJ had a target to at least get us into the playoffs? Does SC have the same target or is it just purely to keep us in the league? If the target has been lowered for SC why?

Appreciate you might not have the BOD statement on this but interested in your views.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Nov 08:18

Quote:

summeragent, Thu 28 Nov 07:51

Out of interest it was my understanding that AJ had a target to at least get us into the playoffs? Does SC have the same target or is it just purely to keep us in the league? If the target has been lowered for SC why?

Appreciate you might not have the BOD statement on this but interested in your views.

In the case of AJ, I don't think it was so much that the BoD set him a specific target, but more that they were looking at steady, year on year improvement, eventually leading to promotion and consolidation in the Premiership. AJ himself was fully on board with that, rather than it being a requirement to avoid being sacked.

With so many new, young players arriving over the summer, I'd be extremely surprised if SC has been set a play off spot as a minimum target, although I can understand why many of us think that would have been a reasonable ambition. My hunch is that this is a two year project and that the present management team will continue next season, even if we finish outside the top 4.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Nov 08:25

Thanks for that, makes sense.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 28 Nov 10:21

I don't remember any fan on here with playoff expectations prior to the season starting.
We all knew there was a big upheaval of the squad, of the finances available to the manager and a general acceptance that this was a long term project.
Certainly there was no requirement from the BOD to reach the playoffs.
In saying that, looking at the teams about us, we should be having no fears about looking at 4th spot at this stage of the season having played everybody.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Nov 21:04

I find it a bit bizarre that the expectations were for AJ to make the playoffs and then to retreat back to the ambition of staying in the division as our target. I think if you are not in the playoffs you are in a relegation battle.

We have better players than last year but we look like struggling. I think with a good manager we would be in playoff challenge. I find it frustrating as I don’t think it would be that difficult for a competent manager to get some quick improvements. I pray we don’t have 2 years of inconsistent, sub standard football. If we do then I can only see the crowds and the club diminishing. If we get relegated what a disaster that would be.

Having supported the Pars all my life really feel we are at a crossroads now. I hope we get a new manager soon.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Nov 21:32

That’s what I am trying to say as no one really knows the board expectations now this season.
Imo we have a good squad and the management are trying their best but they are not experienced enough to get the best out of the team we have.
SC is no way near what we require to take this team and move on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 28 Nov 21:52

Why all this emphasis on needing the club to say what their expectations are, as if stating them makes it more likely they will be achieved? I'm sure the objective is to finish as high up the league as possible. I sometimes wonder if some fans want the club to publicly state their target so they can shoot the board and management down if they don't reach it.

Stevie Crawford actually exceeded my expectations with the squad he put together as he had little previous experience of signing players. People refer to him having a better squad to work with as if he was handed it on a plate.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 06:35

If Crawford sees out two years at this level of result and performance...not to mention the interviews...shudder....it'll kill my interest entirely.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 07:01

Quote:

summeragent, Thu 28 Nov 21:04

"I find it a bit bizarre that the expectations were for AJ to make the playoffs and then to retreat back to the ambition of staying in the division as our target. I think if you are not in the playoffs you are in a relegation battle."

None of us know what/if SC has been set any targets so your post is complete speculation.

"We have better players than last year but we look like struggling. I think with a good manager we would be in playoff challenge. I find it frustrating as I don’t think it would be that difficult for a competent manager to get some quick improvements. I pray we don’t have 2 years of inconsistent, sub standard football. If we do then I can only see the crowds and the club diminishing. If we get relegated what a disaster that would be."

On what do you base your assessment of the current squad v last season's? I'm not saying you're wrong, btw, I tend to agree with you but what analytical process did you use? It can't just be on ability alone and even that is difficult to quantify. It was reported that a significant number of last season's squad had a poor attitude. If true, that would have had a negative impact on performances and results. Do you know that our current squad has a better attitude? What about confidence? Is it not likely that the confidence of younger, inexperienced players will be more fragile and easily lost, both during a game and on a run of matches?

"Having supported the Pars all my life really feel we are at a crossroads now. I hope we get a new manager soon.

We were doing OK before the Alloa game, but it can't be denied that the last two games were deeply disappointing, especially the SC result which has arguably cost the club a very significant sum of much needed money. If results did not pick up and the club was dragged into a relegation battle, the BoD may feel pressured into making a decision to change the manager, but where's the guarantee that this would see us shooting up the table?

I don't want to tempt fate, as we play Partick tomorrow, but most fans think Ian McCall is a pretty decent manager, yet he hasn't been able to drag the Jags off the bottom of the Championship.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 09:53

The psychology of aiming only to stay in the division is hyper negative and surely that isn't the outlook of board and management. We still have the opportunity to reach the playoffs and why not continue to make that our aim. Life in general is a growing experience and football is part of life. It's not only the players that grow together, the board and management team grow together too. I can see very little advantage in changing manager at this point. Let's persevere a bit longer and maybe we can all grow together, fans included. Carping and criticising others in diversity is a weak response, let's all man up, accept the pain of failure and work together for a successful future.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 12:05

Does everyone think we have a stronger squad? We are down on numbers and on a reduced budget. With us now having issues in the GK department I think apart from defence we are short in every other area in terms of having a squad I would be confident of challenging for the play-offs.Murray and Thomson returning is obviously a boost.We were the lowest scorers and finished 3 points off bottom last season on a horrible run so there wasn't a lot to build from.I didn't expect us to finish above either Dundee club or ICT. Ayr have done well and have a more established team, ours will hopefully get better. Arbroath are the only other team above us and I am confident we will finish above them.

The loanees haven't offered much with the exception of Kiltie.The fact he and Cochrane were asked to be left out of the cup game might suggest they will go back to their clubs in January. Kiltie has been the best of them and look how we struggled in the forward areas last week without him.Not sure what's happening with Coley but we resorted to McCann on the wing again last week. We've got Paton,Dow,Beadling,Turner and Thomson so 5 players to fill 4 places in midfield and no left winger after that you are down to the young boys.A suspension or injury or two and you're struggling for numbers in there.Up front we've got Nisbet,Ryan and possibly McCann(I've not seen any of McGill) so the same applies.Last week was poor and highlighted the lack of strength in depth without any loan players.

Our form so far probably reflects the squad, not conceding many but not scoring enough.
I was just looking at the SPFL website and some stats suggest it could be a struggle.Only Alloa and Arbroath have had fewer shots and fewer shots on target than us. We've had 48 shots on target-Ayr United have had 83! We're winning the fair play league by miles but that won't win us points in this division unfortunately and is a reflection of our lack of physicality-not that I'm suggesting we run around kicking folk but let the opposition know they are in a game.

There is definitely more potential for growth within the squad from last year imo but those players have all come from part-time or lower league backgrounds. That's not a criticism, just an observation and a reality of our situation at the end of last season where a clear out was needed. Did anyone expect us to sign all these lower league players and instantly challenge at a level most of them hadn't played at previously?

I would rather watch these young guys trying and looking to make their way in the game than some of the lack of effort I witnessed last season. With some luck with injuries and maybe an addition or two in January we could yet challenge for the play-offs at the right end.With the exception of Utd at home we've been in every game.Lack of creativity and goals will be our downfall if there is one.Big month coming up.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 19:51

Some really good points. I thought we had a squad of 37 players which seems a big squad.

Jackie MacNamara was contracted to pick out the cream of lowers division players. I think we have a pretty good squad. If they were better organised and motivated I am sure we would be top 4 at the moment.

We need a change of manager otherwise there is no light at the end of the tunnel. We will just continue with poor performances. How many games have we gone where we have created little or no chances, Stranraer a prime example. Nisbet is a great striker if given the service and support. Killie, Ryan, Dow all capable of scoring goals. A great midfielder in Thompson. We only should invest in a new keeper in my opinion at the moment.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 22:51

I’m just glad some fans aggree with what I’m trying to say.
Da no1 doesn’t have a clue!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 23:47

Quote:

EEP, Fri 29 Nov 22:51

Answer my question. What would you like the board to say?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 09:43

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 29 Nov 23:47

Quote:

EEP, Fri 29 Nov 22:51

Answer my question. What would you like the board to say?

How about?

"We have been reading Dotnet and have noticed that the peasants, er I mean Pars fans are revolting. We have telt Stevie that he'd better get the finger oot and get some points on the board very soon, otherwise he'll be joining Emery and Pochettino on the dole. In the meantime he has our full backing and a vote of confidence from me masel'

R. McArthur.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 10:13

In PR, the best thing to do is often nothing at all. There is nothing worthwhile to say right now that wouldn't end up being counter productive
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 10:18

Mair than revolting GG; some are downright hoolit

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 10:44

A turgid performance today with a defeat and little to show that there is progress will increase the pressure on SC and therefore the young players who may not have the experience to deal with it

I noticed that SC in his preview of today’s game is taking responsibility and therefore deflecting the attention away from the players (which is the right thing to do) he therefore must accept the flak when things are going badly

It was never going to be an easy season however what happened to the brand of football we were playing in the league cup games at the start of the season? We pressed the opposition and played exciting, free flowing, fast football on the ground and had great success doing so it was entertaining to watch, fast forward to the league and we are now playing the brand of football that just avoided relegation last year which is anything but pleasant to witness

The decision on how we set up the team and the tactics are down to the management team not the players. Injuries are an inherent part of the game and will happen to every team therefore that cannot be used as an excuse.

Finances can’t be used as a reason for failure, the Dundee teams apart we will have a budget at least as comparable to other teams in the division, Ayr, QOS, Morton, ICT won’t be in a better financial position that ourselves (I imagine some will be considerably worse off)

It’s difficult to see where SC can justify his continued survival if there is not an inclination that things are improving, constantly being beaten by part time teams is not acceptable.

If we are to accept that we should settle for being a bit part team in the championship then the attendances will drop dramatically and the downward spiral will gain momentum

I am all in favour of SC being given time to make improvement but if we scrape by relegation again this year there is no way that he should be permitted to be in charge again next season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 17:15

Good reaction today from last week but the game was handed to us in the first five mins

Let’s see if we can keep the momentum going and win at Ayr on Tuesday, will be a different ball game but there to be beat

Fickle people are footie fans!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 17:31

Look and let’s be honest.
It was a good win and hopefully boosts the players confidence but we played against 10 men for most of the game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 17:47

So do you still want a statement from the board?
Asking for a friend 🤔

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 17:55

😅😅 let’s see what happens over the winter fixtures.
I hope today has given the players a massive lift and take it onto next week.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: