DAFC.net
Home 11 December 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Duckenfield cleared
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 28 Nov 16:47

Of manslaughter

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50592077

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Duckenfield cleared
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Thu 28 Nov 17:30

Deep down I suspect few of us thought Duckenfield would ever be imprisoned for his actions on that day in 1989. The CPS performance has been described as lacklustre. Duckenfield was not required to stand in the dock at his criminal trial by a judge who has clearly been leaning over backwards to encourage a not guilty verdict.

If that meant contradicting evidence from the previous inquest and smearing some police colleagues not able to defend themselves, as well as the 96 Liverpool supporters who died, then so be it. The Establishment have been surprised by the resilience of the Hillsborough families over the last 30 years and I hope that continues; the matter should not rest here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 28 Nov 17:36

Shocking and still no closure for the poor souls Families

He admitted himself he ordered the gates open he admitted himself he did not close the tunnel to the by then full terrace

But that was an inquest and not a Court but why oh why can these facts not correlate from the inquest to the court

This paragraph from the Beeb sums up the whole tragedy :-

He will now be able to resume his life in retirement on the south coast. But the Hillsborough families and survivors will find the outcome hard to take… and will ask hard questions about the £65m spent on a criminal investigation which has ended with no one convicted for so many lives lost.

Post Edited (Thu 28 Nov 17:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Thu 28 Nov 18:32

Damning that he initially said that the gates were forced. Lying pig trying to cover his tracks as he knew what he did was wrong.
Only later did he confess to ordering the gates to be opened.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 28 Nov 18:33

A jury of his peers were obviously confused by the facts.

Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Thu 28 Nov 18:53

I can't imagine what more these poor families will have to endure.

Sammer - I naively thought that Duckenfield might get some kind of custodial sentence but even that would have been too little too late. Maybe the bar for gross or criminal negligence would have been easier to reach than for manslaughter. I guess the message is "Do what you want, and if it goes wrong just lie about it."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 28 Nov 19:01

Christine Burke, whose father Henry Burke was killed in the disaster, stood in the public gallery and addressed the judge after the verdict was read out.
"With all due respect, my lord, 96 people were found unlawfully killed to a criminal standard," she said.
"I would like to know who is responsible for my father's death because someone is."

Can this or will this go to a private prosecution ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Thu 28 Nov 20:45

Deeply disappointing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Thu 28 Nov 21:02

Topic Originator: BigJPar like | nolike
Date: Thu 28 Nov 18:32

Damning that he initially said that the gates were forced. Lying pig trying to cover his tracks as he knew what he did was wrong.
Only later did he confess to ordering the gates to be opened.

I had always thought that he would later be charged with a perjury charge once other criminal charges had finished? Isn’t this going to be the case?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Saltire  
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 08:40

"Deep down I suspect few of us thought Duckenfield would ever be imprisoned for his actions on that day in 1989."

absolutely this. If there was even a hint of a guilty charge coming he would have been deemed unfit to stand trial
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 10:04

If it had been a member of my family that had been killed that day, I would probably have seeked revenge against him.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: