DAFC.net
Home 10 December 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Nobody saying it so I will
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 20:28

Well done Rangers and Celtic in success in Europe. Hopefully Rangers will get through to the group stages as Celtic have. It's sad that there is such a disparity in Scottish football but great that we are on the European map again.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Nobody saying it so I will
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 22:03

Nearly posted something similar myself paralex Celtic home and hosed and although Rangers are top not guaranteed to qualify .... But what a great turnaround for Scottish football to be up there with the best in the europa groups
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 22:12

Heartily agree with that busspasspar and enjoyed both games last night with some of our top Scottish international players taking a leading part.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 22:12

Yeah totally agree. Regardless of what I think of them in Scottish Competitions, I’ll always back them and any other team in European competitions. It’s great to see Scotland rising in the coefficients again and potentially up for two champions league spots in the 20/21 season!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 22:20

I reserve the right to hope Rangers get pumped in everything they take part in. Vile organisation.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Nov 22:40

Entitled to that view Rusty but as a Glasgow citizen from an early age I have followed the fortunes of both ugly sisters and just like the buzz about the city when they both do well in Europe as well as the prestige for Scottish football in general. Hopefully the Pars and others can follow in the slipstream.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 01:54

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Fri 29 Nov 22:20

I reserve the right to hope Rangers get pumped in everything they take part in. Vile organisation.

Totally agree with this sentiment. Both clubs are scum
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 06:23

Yay! Potential for 2 clubs in the Champions League! Fantastic news, as two vile organisations that care not one jot about the Scottish domestic game get set to earn even more UEFA money, making the gap between the two cheeks and the rest even bigger. Just the shot in the arm our game needs. Who wants pesky sides like St Johnstone, Ross County, Inverness, Hibs and Aberdeen winning trophies when poor downtrodden underdogs Rangers and Celtic can Hoover them up? We've always been at war with Eastasia.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 11:43

Definitely no silver lining there then. Bye that reckoning it's a wonder we were ever able to beat them but we did.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 11:53

" Hopefully the Pars and others can follow in the slipstream. "

They won't though. That's the problem. Normal service, with a 20point gap between 2nd and 3rd, has been resumed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 12:13

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Fri 29 Nov 22:20

Totally agree! These two teams in fact would ditch the Scottish leagues at the drop of a hat. Their supporters shame our country home and abroad.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 12:24

Who cares, won’t make one bit of difference to Dunfermline
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 12:31

It might actually, 1970par. With that new European competition starting up soon the better the co-efficient the more spots etc. If we get promoted, it’s something to aim for. Barring a repeat of Leicester we will not win the title or come close but finishing 6th or 7th could well see us return to European football

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 13:42

I stopped talking about the rangers and celtic on here as I was branded a bigot.

I agree tho paralex, great result for both clubs

As for not affecting Dunfermline, that is our fault that we aren't in top league not rangers or celtic. I Am sure all spfl premiership clubs got around 200k each when Celtic had a good run in europe a couple of seasons ago

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 14:34

Paraloyal98 can you send me some of the stuff you are making your dreams come true with, it must be good!

Post Edited (Sat 30 Nov 14:34)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 14:36

Delete thread admin. Follow follow or Kerryfail street for this utter rot.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 14:39

Sevco are getting booted out the competition for partaking in sectarian singing against Feyenoord. Vermin.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 14:47

"I Am sure all spfl premiership clubs got around 200k each when Celtic had a good run in europe a couple of seasons ago"

And that 200 grand is helpful how? When Celtic got about £10 million? If every club outwith the team who qualifies gets the same, the net result for those clubs versus each other is naught but they are a net £9.8 million worse off than everyone else. It's like giving everyone in a company a 50 pound monthly pay rise while putting their rent up by a grand a month.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 18:54

Kelty, correct me if I am wrong.... Celtic earned that money by reaching group stages of that competition.

I would be over the moon if anyone gave DAFC 200k .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 18:57

Anyway, it's the season to be jolly, especially after a 5-1 victory.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr P  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 19:55

It's great that the coefficient has increased for Scottish clubs, however the success comes 'at the detriment of other clubs' my reasoning behind this is as follows:

(1) any competition they face in the league they buy up and turn the heads of players with money that other clubs cannot compete with. There are few players who have managed to make it, then they are surplus to requirements and find it difficult to find the same level of income, which makes it harder for them as clubs like Dunfermline can't afford the wages.

(2) All the prize money is sucked out of Scottish Football by the two of them which makes it even more difficult to compete. They are also very reluctant to confirm crowds in cup competitions against smaller clubs too.

We only need to look at Aberdeen, Hibs & Hearts the next biggest and see how they struggle both in Europe and in Scottish football.

We need a more level playing field to bring a bit more revenue to clubs to allow them to compete otherwise the gulf will only get better. We did have a chance when oldco were not in the top league to change the voting but greed or fear meant a status quo.

The only thing that was a bonus for the other leagues when oldco were demoted was the newco tsunami of revenue that went through the leagues, although we missed out, some of the smaller clubs used it wisely to improve their grounds and facilities.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 20:27

So we have to like it or lump it because I doubt if there is any real will to change it and they both have travelling fans from all areas of Scotland, walking away from their local teams to support the OF. It's far from ideal but I tend to accept the situation and make the most of it by enjoying a Scottish team winning in Europe.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 20:36

Yes they did my Roman numeraled friend. But giving the other clubs crumbs from the table doesn't help. Celtic not qualifying and getting an extra £10 million would have helped Aberdeen more than getting a token £200,000 while Celtic were able to go and spend their millions they earned, no?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 00:17

I know where your coming from KP, but what I am trying to say is Celtic could get knocked out in the preliminary round in the next 5 seasons in Europe and still finish 20 points in front of Aberdeen. Whereas teams like Hamilton or Ross county receive 200k towards the running of a football club with low attendances.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: