DAFC.net
Home 11 December 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ian McCall
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 20:23

must be absolutely seething at the Thistle defender who gave that penalty away. Amateurish tackle when we might not have even scored and Cardle must be equally as angry being the scapegoat subbed off.
Still think we would have won comfortably in saying that. We looked hungry and patient on the ball whereas Thistle simply didn't turn up.
Hope McCall is enjoying his fat paycheck he got since leaving Ayr as he will be a League one boss next season I fear.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ian McCall
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 20:26

Patrick's defence was a shambles, he took of Cardle as we would have hammered them more- we were skinning the full backs and walking through the middle- we were on fire.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 20:29

Maybe they had the false impression that we were useless after getting beat by Stranraer last week after they had pummeled the mighty Penicuik 1-0.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 21:02

Cardle was only a 50/50 chance of playing so probably better taking him off
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 21:04

McCall will take time but he will improve Partick. He’s an excellent manager and will need to clear out some of the crap Caldwell brought in. Surely he will never get a job in football again!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 21:13

Always thought with McCall it was always wrong place wrong time with the Pars regards management.

Still think it's unfinished business between Diego and EEP........

Maybe oneday.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 21:24

A big clear out in the transfer window and he will be ok.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 22:50

McCall did a superb job at Ayr but he has been fairly mixed at most clubs he has been at. Similar to guys like Yogi Hughes and Butcher.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 30 Nov 23:56

Quote:

neils, Sat 30 Nov 20:26

Patrick's defence was a shambles, he took of Cardle as we would have hammered them more- we were skinning the full backs and walking through the middle- we were on fire.

I thought the big coloured guy playing right back was by far their best player

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 01:08

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Sat 30 Nov 23:56

Quote:

neils, Sat 30 Nov 20:26

I thought the big coloured guy playing right back was by far their best player

Agreed. He looked very lively on the wing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gegganpar  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 08:01

Number 24, Osman Kakay .

Only 22 but looks a good one. Sorry just noticed someone else named him.

J angus blacklaws

Post Edited (Sun 01 Dec 08:04)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 08:08

On the ball I thought Partick looked reasonably tidy and Kenny Miller held the ball up well - they posed no threat whatsoever though - without the ball they were all over the place - they looked like a team with no belief and absolutely devoid of confidence.

Sometimes when a team gets a man sent off it galvanises them and they become better than the sum of their parts. Yesterday after 5 minutes they just looked like they wished they were someone else.

I’ve said all along I think Devine gets a rough deal here and that Martin should be back at full back - we need to stick with this back 4 (with Murray in for Devine when he’s fit).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 08:37

Will get a pot of money to spend in January and again in the summer, that will be a test of McCall's management credentials.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars_andy  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 10:20

Having watched the highlights, the first penalty decision looks a little bit soft.

==================================
"However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." - Stanley Kubrick
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 11:11

I thought about using McCall as the most recent example of a manager who hasn't produced the fabled "bounce", in a thread I started last week, but I didn't want to tempt fate. ☺

Many Pars fans would like to have seen him replace AJ as manager last January or even SC recently. I think he's a decent enough manager but he doesn't have a magic wand. The players he has look very ordinary and he can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 11:34

To be fair to him his first league match in charge of them was on 28th September and they had 2 points.Since then they have picked up 10 points beating ICT and Dundee away along the way and taken them into the League Challenge Cup semi.I was expecting a difficult game yesterday so really pleased with the 3 points and even more so getting a few goals.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 11:38

Think yesterday he realised the job is much bigger than he first thought.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 12:38

Quote:

parathletic, Sun 1 Dec 11:34

To be fair to him his first league match in charge of them was on 28th September and they had 2 points.Since then they have picked up 10 points beating ICT and Dundee away along the way and taken them into the League Challenge Cup semi.I was expecting a difficult game yesterday so really pleased with the 3 points and even more so getting a few goals.

I hear what you're saying, parathletic, but his team are still bottom of the league and on yesterday's showing, they might just stay there. They seemed to accept their fate as soon as they went behind.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars_andy  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 13:21

Not sure you can judge them on yesterday. I’ll accept they threw the towel in a bit but they effectively lost the game 3 mins in.

==================================
"However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." - Stanley Kubrick
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 14:22

Quote:

pars_andy, Sun 1 Dec 13:21

Not sure you can judge them on yesterday. I’ll accept they threw the towel in a bit but they effectively lost the game 3 mins in.

Not judging the Jags solely on yesterday, but also on the fact that they've been at or near the foot of the table from the off. Did you see any signs that they might start climbing it? Have you seen a worse performance from another Championship side this season? I haven't.

Post Edited (Sun 01 Dec 14:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 14:26

P1ss poor show from Thistle. If that was us this forum would be imploding. No guts. No fight.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 19:44

Are you absolutely sure they werent really quite good but we were just magnificent?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 20:47

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 2 Dec 19:44

Are you absolutely sure they werent really quite good but we were just magnificent?

They were absolutely dire! We were decent. That's about the size of it.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: