DAFC.net
Home 10 December 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Lewis Martin
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 01:00

Come April it will be 7 years since he made his debut, he'll have only just turned 24! Is there a chance Dunfermline will manage to keep a hold of him until his 10 year point? Has been fantastic for us since he got moved to left back, such a shame that he effectively missed all of last season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Lewis Martin
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 02:38

Obviously still have a season to go but I think his form this season certainly warrants an extension. Would be great to have a player come through our ranks and remain that long at first team level - it’s late at night so I’m struggling to think of the last one to do so

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 07:20

His performance yesterday was outstanding though nothing will ever equal his display v Celtic .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 08:11

Man of the match for me yesterday - although I’d have kept Nisbet on - I suspect he’d have scored more and then shaded it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KilsythPar  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 09:02

It was good to see him get forward and exploit the space on the left after Cardle was withdrawn. Great goal and so effective with both feet.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 11:51

Thought he was outstanding yesterday, with Cardle going off he had the freedom to attack down the left.

Great goal as well!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 15:04

I'm really pleased for him, as for so long he seemed to be in the shadow of Ryan Williamson, and he was unlucky with injuries. I thought his career at DAFC was coming to an end in 2017/18, but when he got a chance at LB towards the end of that season he looked terrific - nevertheless it was still a brave decision by Allan Johnston to sign him up again, and it's paid off.

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 16:27

Player of the season so far in my opinion, looks faster and fitter than before and looks comfortable on his left foot most of the time now which he’s clearly worked on. Extension should be one of our top priorities as well as Dow.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 16:31

To be fair he was a fixture in the play off team the season before last. Been excellent this season

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 17:09

Topic Originator: da_no_1 like | nolike
Date: Sun 1 Dec 16:31

"To be fair he was a fixture in the play off team the season before last. Been excellent this season"

Not so: he started 16 games out of 36 so hardly a fixture.

The last time he was almost a fixture was way back in season 14/15 when he started 28 games.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 18:10

Quote:

wetherby, Sun 1 Dec 17:09

Topic Originator: da_no_1 like | nolike
Date: Sun 1 Dec 16:31

"To be fair he was a fixture in the play off team the season before last. Been excellent this season"

Not so: he started 16 games out of 36 so hardly a fixture.

The last time he was almost a fixture was way back in season 14/15 when he started 28 games.

I meant towards the end of that season. Sorry

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alan  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 18:49

Did Lewis only get a 1 year deal at the start of the season?

If so, we will hopefully offer him an extension asap.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 20:23

Both the goal and the shot narrowly over the bar were with his left (off) foot. He's obviously worked hard to develop that aspect of his game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 14:44

I was never a big fan of Martin but he's changed my mind over the last while. Really has shone in the LB position and he did well to keep it because Jason Talbot was a solid LB as well. Seems to have grown as a CB as well and its easy to forget he's naturally right footed. Youngest Pars player ever to earn a testimonial season perhaps?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 14:48

I remember his 2 previous goals. A header stopping the new team from beating us 4 times and his late, great equaliser against Stirling Albion.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 15:31

Didn't his goal against Rangers also stop them going through the full season with 18 away wins?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 15:57

Possibly, but I'm not sure.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: