DAFC.net
Home 11 December 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Partick highlights up
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 09:54

https://dafc.co.uk/fixture.php?SID=First+Team&D=2019-11-30&ID=1204&h=1

Highlights up

SC at 3pm and
Lewis Martin at 5pm

From ParsTV team

Form Table: https://DAFC.co.uk/league
https://2mx.co.uk

Post Edited (Sun 01 Dec 13:31)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Partick highlights up at 10.00
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 10:23

Looked a very soft first penalty on that viewing.

Fifth goal was a great move from start to finish, very impressive. Still not convinced with Gill, didn't look too clever at that free kick

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 10:40

Make no mistakes about it that is absolutely dreadful goalkeeping from Gill, again.

He isn't good enough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 10:42

Not sure Gill knows how to properly line up his walls at free kicks. Although the guy struck it well, he was well outside the box and that should have been saved. Bit like one of the goals he lost previously, at Tannadice I think? From behind the goals, I fully expected him to palm it round the post but seemed to go through him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 10:45

Some very effective long range defence splitting passes from Cochrane & Beadling. We need to develop this. Far more effective than just lumping the ball forward.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 10:59

With the benefit of these great highlights and the slow motion replays both penalties looked a wee bit soft but what goes around comes around

Gill seemed to mis judge the flight of the ball and it went through his arms

great overall performance
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 11:02

We've had plenty dodgy penalties against us this season. Karma

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 11:06

Second one looked a stonewaller imo-right in front of the ref too. Kiltie was clearly looking for the first one,waited an age and let the defender catch up with him.I would be gutted at conceding a pen and getting a red for that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 11:33

Why was it a red ? Presumably denying a goal scoring opportunity? It certainly wasnt violent/dangerous !

Really pleased for Lewis Martin, the guy has been through a lot these last three seasons with injury and illness,great to see him as a regular starter.

Nisbet's third was a cracker.

Beadling did really well to keep the ball in play and then set up Nisbet for his fourth.

Hopefully continue the form into Tuesday/Saturday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 11:35

First - Definite pen, doesn’t show a great angle but Kiltie slowed just enough to encourage a foul from O Ware. Denying obvious goal scoring opportunity straight red.

Second was softer.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 11:48

I forgot to mention how smart Sammy looked in the kilt !
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 11:58

Would need to watch the second again but my first impression was that the defender was looking to blooter it clear and never saw our player coming from his blind side.The ball was nicked away from him, he realised too late and tried to pull out of it but there was definite contact. Completely accidental but an obvious pen nonetheless.Ref couldn't have had a better view.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 12:06

That was no angle to judge the first penalty from. It looked like a push from my seat on the half-way line. The second one looked soft with the Partick player probably not aware of Nisbet's presence but that doesn't seem to matter.

Good moves for the second and fifth goals but their keeper didn't look too clever being beaten by Martin's shot at his near post. Nisbet's half-volley for the fourth goal was superb.

Goodness knows how Gill didn't get a hand to that free kick.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 12:38

First one was just utter stupidity from the defender. Deserved the red for being daft enough to raise your hand push someone in the back like that.

It wasn't exactly a hard shove but it was a push.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 12:47

That was definitely another howler from Gill, agree he's not good enough. Strange thing was 5 minutes after their goal they had another free kick in exactly the same spot. This time he had a 2 man wall when he'd just been beaten with a 3 man wall.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 13:42

Kiltie probably didn't need to fall at the first penalty. He felt the push on the shoulder, which would have hindered his shot on goal and decided to go over. Too many defenders are doing that now just at the point when an attacker gets ready to shoot, give him a wee push on the shoulder blade and knock him off balance. It's a foul and should be punished.

At the second penalty Nisbet gets his leg between the ball and the defender who is swinging his leg to clear the ball. He boots Nisbet on the leg. Clear penalty.

It's about time we got some justice, the balance of penalties against us this season has been slightly redressed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 14:48

Quote:

Paralex, Sun 1 Dec 13:42

Kiltie probably didn't need to fall at the first penalty. He felt the push on the shoulder, which would have hindered his shot on goal and decided to go over. Too many defenders are doing that now just at the point when an attacker gets ready to shoot, give him a wee push on the shoulder blade and knock him off balance. It's a foul and should be punished.

At the second penalty Nisbet gets his leg between the ball and the defender who is swinging his leg to clear the ball. He boots Nisbet on the leg. Clear penalty.

It's about time we got some justice, the balance of penalties against us this season has been slightly redressed.

If Kiltie had managed to stay on his feet after the push, he would almost certainly have missed. That would have been an injustice. He was clean through and O'Ware elected to push him in the back. None of us know how hard it was. Justice was done. If Kiltie had been allowed to shoot unimpeded, the keeper might have saved it, but even if he scored it would still have been 11 v 11 with 85 mins to retrieve the deficit.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 15:34

Folk in the Norrie, directly behind the goal actually applauded the strike, it was that good.
Don't think the Berlin wall could have stopped it.
[IP address logged]
 Re: Partick highlights up
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 15:44

A competent goalkeeper should've.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 16:27

Must have been 35 yards out? Two men more than enough, allowing Gill to see the ball when struck and then should comfortably have been able to shuffle along his line and stop the shot

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 16:55

I thought the law for denying obvious opportunity in the box was changed recently to stop the triple punishment of red card, penalty and suspension.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 17:22

It looks bad on the highlights but watching Ben's video from the Norrie, it looked like a really good strike with Gill left stranded.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 18:02

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Sun 1 Dec 17:22

It looks bad on the highlights but watching Ben's video from the Norrie, it looked like a really good strike with Gill left stranded.

Aye, I think the Dotnet pundits have been extremely harsh on Gill. It was an almost perfect free kick, right in the corner. It would have needed a Gordon Banks at his best to save it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 18:41

O'Ware was entirely responsible for getting Thistle in a major mess from which they never recovered.

The amendment to the law refers to a player not being sent off, as well as losing a penalty, if there was a clear attempt to play the ball.

O'Ware pushed Kiltie in the back. No attempt to play the ball.

Referee was 10 yards away. No choice. End of the Thistle game there and then.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 19:07

Oh, it's just great to have had a very good day. Here's hoping for a lot more.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 22:30

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 1 Dec 18:02

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Sun 1 Dec 17:22

Aye, I think the Dotnet pundits have been extremely harsh on Gill. It was an almost perfect free kick, right in the corner. It would have needed a Gordon Banks at his best to save it.

Total nonsense. It was a poor goal to lose. Gill moved over to it and got there before the ball, only to let it go through him instead of pushing it round the post. I had a perfect view of it from directly behind the goal.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 23:44

I think he's been fortunate to not have a thread made up about him with regards to his competence tbh, there's no video which doesn't make that look like dreadful goalkeeping.
While it's in the corner it's 30+ yards out, not all that powerful and at a perfect height for the keeper with not much movement on the ball, Gill starts closer to that side and still doesn't save it? It's an absolute howler.

If we have aspirations of getting promoted we need a better goalkeeper.

Post Edited (Sun 01 Dec 23:48)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 07:34

Not sure why CrossPar got a thumbs down - he was 100% correct - mind you if you’re going to do this then do it at 5-0 - here’s hoping Cammy has a stormer tomorrow.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARanoid_Android  
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 09:21

Quote:

Johan_Cruyff, Sun 1 Dec 16:55

I thought the law for denying obvious opportunity in the box was changed recently to stop the triple punishment of red card, penalty and suspension.

If there is a clear intention to play the ball. A shove in the back can not be deemed to be that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 16:52

Some absolute roasters in our support. Gill is a young goalkeeper who will make mistakes . I’m not even sure there was a lot he could have done about the free kick but nonetheless we won the game 5-1. Yet certain posters are happy to slaughter a young goalkeeper when there is no need. You have to question the mentality at times.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 19:28

Quote:

AJ27, Mon 2 Dec 07:34

Not sure why CrossPar got a thumbs down - he was 100% correct - mind you if you’re going to do this then do it at 5-0 - here’s hoping Cammy has a stormer tomorrow.

Just to be clear - he didn't get it from me. People are entitled to their opinions, even if you don't agree with them. It looked a great strike from the main stand. Trust me it was travelling and it looked right in the corner, but those sitting in the Norrie would have a better view of it.

I don't see the point of constantly slagging off our own players, most of whom are still quite young and learning the game. Gill was dropped after his two mistakes at Tannadice produced two goals which decided the game, but if the other 10 players had managed a couple of goals at the other end, we'd have earned a point.

I wonder if the fans of any other team would focus on the goal conceded in a 5-1 win?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mon-pa  
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 21:57

I watched the strike from both the official highlites and the '1885 Ben' highlites where Ben was behind the pars goals during the take and got a superb view of their goal. It was an absolute belter of a free kick. Check it out. Goalie tried but it was perfectly weighted.

ARTY
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 22:10

Quote:

Mon-pa, Mon 2 Dec 21:57

I watched the strike from both the official highlites and the '1885 Ben' highlites where Ben was behind the pars goals during the take and got a superb view of their goal. It was an absolute belter of a free kick. Check it out. Goalie tried but it was perfectly weighted.

The time it took to travel meant that's an easy save.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 22:57

Quote:

BigJPar, Mon 2 Dec 22:10

Quote:

Mon-pa, Mon 2 Dec 21:57

The time it took to travel meant that's an easy save.

Obviously not. Btw...how long did it take?

Post Edited (Mon 02 Dec 22:58)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 00:36

That free kick is certainly 30 yards out. Gill is standing nearer to the side where it went in

The reactions of Ashcroft and Martin tell you all you need to know.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 01:40

When we lose a game it doesn't necessarily mean that we're the worse team in the world, people will point out aspects and players who perhaps played well.

Likewise just because we won 5-1 doesn't mean that everything was great nor perfect, and Gill having another clanger, after having two in his last start is certainly worthy of discussion. We badly need Scully to either find his league form or we need a better keeper, Gill on his showings so far has been well below the standard you need for a promotion winning keeper.

His footwork is really poor and worryingly his handling now looks just as poor, he takes bizarre decisions on what he's trying to do with his hands, it looks like he gets over to the ball and then somehow let's it go between his hands, the cross at United etc.

People can batter on all they want about being young and making mistakes, but he's making far to many and showing little in the way to suggest that he'll make it to the standard we need, anytime soon. As harsh as it may sound you need to have an element of ruthlessness if you want to get out this division.

Post Edited (Tue 03 Dec 01:41)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: