DAFC.net
Home 10 December 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Kevin Nisbet
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 15:00

Links to Rangers persist....how much do people think we could command for him? A club record fee? (Our club record is the £650,000 we got for McNamara)

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/18072636.kevin-nisbet-blasts-four-goals-partick-thistle-rangers-continue-track-progress/

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin Nisbet
Topic Originator: Mr Mac  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 15:14

If we do sell to that mob we need to get every last penny up front!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 15:16

You really think they'll pay for a player they can get on pre-contract for zilch in January.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 15:20

Nisbet is contracted with us till 31.05.21
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 15:22

They could unsettle him, so that he doesn't want to play for us.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 15:24

If he keeps scoring then other teams will take an interest and then it the highest bidder
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 15:35

Any player at any club can potentially go to another club at any time if the interested club pay the money for him.That's how football works. So let's just let the laddie play and what's going to happen will happen... Maybe... Or maybe not.
He's on fire the noo... Long may it continue.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 16:01

Dont really need to sell do we ?

So keep the guys head in the game, forget the interest, keep scoring and let's see what happens.

He'd not even be on their bench.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 16:11

Would be nice to see us break the million pound barrier for our record sale! He would be a massive loss however as on his day he is capable of tearing teams apart.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 16:28

A million pound........FFS

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 16:29

Got to be realistic, Shankland is a Scotland intermational and he probably only commands £1m. Getting half of that for Nisbet would be decent.

Out of interest - anyone know who the last player to score 4 for Dunfermline is?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 16:30

I think some are going over the top on Nisbet. Right now he is playing at the right level.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 16:30

Quote:

RossDAFC, Sun 1 Dec 16:29

Got to be realistic, Shankland is a Scotland intermational and he probably only commands £1m. Getting half of that for Nisbet would be decent.

Out of interest - anyone know who the last player to score 4 for Dunfermline is?

Andy Smith scored 5 v Edinburgh City didn't he?

Think George O'Boyle scored 4 v Clydebank in 94.

Potentially someone nearer than those though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 16:50

People are getting a bit carried away with figures being quoted (shakes head in disbelief)

The need to sell is also being questioned, of course we need to sell, it’s what the new model is built upon

The lad has scored a few goals and is attracting a bit of interest according to the Sun (must be true then) but to start quoting record transfer fees is ridiculous
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 16:53

Nicky Clark scored 4 in games against Elgin and Dumbarton
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 16:54

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sun 1 Dec 16:30

I think some are going over the top on Nisbet. Right now he is playing at the right level.

It's not that long ago he was being slated on here after missing a first minute sitter - v Alloa, I think? The general consensus was that it was an even worse miss than Andy Ryan's v Falkirk.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 17:18

Few bites there! We would never get a million. We’d be lucky to get half that. As I said though fingers crossed we can hold onto him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 17:21

If we get offered £300k plus a loan striker to help till summer I’d imagine we’ll take it.

We really need a championship club to get involved to push the fee any higher....

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 17:35

I think posters get realistic scoring goals but no worth figures quoted ,second Sevco need 10 million to see them through the season but saying that they could plan another share issue for the third time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 18:13

I think when you are living in a world where Morelos is valued at £60-80m , Kieran Tierney goes for £25m, Oli McBurnie goes for £20m it’s worth talking up a players value. £1m easily for Nisbet. Easy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 18:41

If Rangers are getting money thrown at them for Morelos then don’t let them take the pi5h out us. Command a million or feck off. Simple. They have the money. Don’t let these big teams take us for a ride like they did years ago.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 18:45

Is it silly Sunday!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 18:54

No way will rangers buy nisbet. End of.

KOZMA

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 19:44

Quote:

istvan kozma, Sun 1 Dec 18:54

No way will rangers buy nisbet. End of.

This. What a nonsense rumour
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 19:58

I remember a very similar story a long, long time ago when we had a player like Kevin Nisbet who was scoring for fun. There were rumours every week that Rangers were ready to throw huge sums of money at us.

His name was Ken Mackie and he ended up going to Falkirk for about 50k if I remember correctly. I don't recall his career going very far after that.

His strike partner was a guy called Alun Evans who got a transfer down south to Aston Villa. He switched to play halfback there, became captain and turned into a club legend for them.

It can be a very fine line between football riches and football obscurity. Nisbet has every potential to be a million-pound player, but not yet. He needs to be handled very carefully.
I hope he has a good agent who can nurture him through this. The last thing he needs is an agent like the one who looked after Fais a few seasons ago.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 20:04

Rangers had him scouted by Mark Allan who went back to Gerrard and said that the lad was a player and he would be available for about £1m. A week later Mark Allan was sacked. Gerrard was apparently raging at his scouts incompetence. Dunfermline would want at least £5m for the lad.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 20:12

"His name was Ken Mackie and he ended up going to Falkirk for about 50k if I remember correctly. I don't recall his career going very far after that."

Mackie turned down the transfer to Rangers.

As for Nisbet going to Ibrox for big bucks - its the 1st December today, not April !!!

"His strike partner was a guy called Alun Evans who got a transfer down south to Aston Villa. He switched to play halfback there, became captain and turned into a club legend for them."

I always associate Graham Shaw with Ken Mackie as the front men - Alun Evans won an English league champions medal with Aston Villa, then they lifted the European Cup the following season.

Post Edited (Sun 01 Dec 20:16)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 20:14

It is indeed silly Sunday, the valuation of Nisbet is now £5 million!! On what planet are we currently landing our rockets on?

If we were to be offered £250k we would take the hand off the person making the offer, perhaps putting on a reasonable sell on clause

Let’s keep a sense of perspective here

Shankland would not reach anything like £5 million, Nisbet is a long, long way off his worth at the present time
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hay Fever  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 20:17

Evans had already been converted to a Full back by the time we sold him, Villa put him at centre half with the Kirkcaldy lad Ken McNaught had the rest is history as they say and the odd European cup win
[IP address logged]

Quote:

OzPar, Sun 1 Dec 19:58

I remember a very similar story a long, long time ago when we had a player like Kevin Nisbet who was scoring for fun. There were rumours every week that Rangers were ready to throw huge sums of money at us.

His name was Ken Mackie and he ended up going to Falkirk for about 50k if I remember correctly. I don't recall his career going very far after that.

His strike partner was a guy called Alun Evans who got a transfer down south to Aston Villa. He switched to play halfback there, became captain and turned into a club legend for them.

It can be a very fine line between football riches and football obscurity. Nisbet has every potential to be a million-pound player, but not yet. He needs to be handled very carefully.
I hope he has a good agent who can nurture him through this. The last thing he needs is an agent like the one who looked after Fais a few seasons ago.

My recall is at odds with yours, Oz. Ken Mackie was the subject of a £50k bid from Rangers which the Pars accepted but the player refused to go as he didn't feel ready. His strike partner was Graham Shaw who eventually joined Hearts. Mackie eventually lost his goalscoring touch and ended up at East Fife.

Alan Evans debuted at right back v Rangers at 16 and broke his leg in that game. He returned to first team action playing mainly in central defence, with the occasional game up front. He was transferred to Aston Villa for £20k, where he formed a solid central defensive partnership with Ken McNaught from Raith Rovers, winning a European Champions Cup medal when Villa saw off Bayern Munich in the final.

I haven't researched any of this but perhaps some of the Dotnet senators (Sammer, VEE) can corroborate my version?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  

He would be worth at the most £150k
Some folk on here need to come off the drugs!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 20:19

He did indeed VEE. Doubtless, the Pars directors had kittens when he turned Ibrox down. At the time the club didn't have two halfpennies to rub together.

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 20:21

GG Riva - you are correct.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 20:23

No disrespect to Nisbet, but I can’t see The Rangers looking to buy any players from the leagues below them. They are on a totally different level to everyone in Scottish football apart from Celtic. I’d like to think Nisbet might of been privy to what happens who you reach for the top too soon. Feb was a prime example. He has an opportunity to become a great striker for the Pars & possibly get us into a play off position or to build on that next season & lead us to promotion. Then he will get plenty of offers to fulfil his dream. We had faith in him to bring him into our squad now he needs to prove himself to us no one else.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 20:28

You may well be right, GG. It was nearly 50 years ago and I don't have the memory that I used to since I had my small stroke a while back. I do remember being over the moon when Mackie turned down Rangers.

Mackie, Evans, Shaw... what would they be worth in today's insane market???

My general point was that talent needs careful nurturing at the stage that Nisbet is at right now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 20:30

Quote:

wetherby, Sun 1 Dec 20:21

GG Riva - you are correct.

Cheers, wetherby. I se VEE and I were writing broadly similar accounts at approx the same time. Since I type with one finger, I didn't see VEE's post until after I'd posted mine.

Eta. Sorry to hear you had a stroke. It almost certainly has affected your memory. Paddy Wilson, who played for the Pars, is a near neighbour of mine and he has significant gaps in his memory as a result of a stroke somev10-12 years ago. Not that I can claim my memory is all that great, but there are certain eras which I remember better than others.

Post Edited (Sun 01 Dec 20:36)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 20:31

I think a lot of you will be surprised by how many scouts go to championship games from the old firm to look at players.
Celtic found Lewis Morgan so it’s well worth their time looking at players in a division below that can progress.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 20:43

Read the post again 1970 ffs. Clearly it was a joke. Typical baldy poster on here . Should have went to specsavers.😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 20:55

"Typical baldy poster on here . Should have went to specsavers.😂"

Specsavers can restore lost hair ?

Hold me back - when do they open ?

Post Edited (Sun 01 Dec 20:57)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 20:58

I’d bite your hand off for 100k

Show us yer....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 21:17

I'd be clearing Tesco out of popcorn if Rangers sold Morelos for £10m and bought Nisbet for £100k. The Rangers butthurt would be a joy to behold.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 21:21

The true value of a player, as always, will be what a team wants to pay for them. Therefore if a few teams come knocking and start a few bids then the price will be set.

In the times article there is a second article hidden with a link where Nisbet reveals he “doesn’t support either of the big two” but is flattered. He goes on to say he realises how much work he still has to do to develop.

We have him tied for 18 months so plenty time to punt to highest bidder in summer if that case arises.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 21:28

Haud on a minute guys. Don't start the auction yet. We want to keep him. He's just started a wee bit of payback for us and we need a whole lot more. He fired blanks last week so we miss out on SC revenue. He must know and we know that it's best for all concerned that we consolidate the good things that are just beginning to happen. This just isn't the time for any thoughts of a move.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 21:35

As soon he’s offered 2k a week and that’s nothing on Rangers budget he will be off and I would do the same.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 22:04

A player is not “worth” any single figure. Player X with 18 months of his contract remaining will cost more than Player X with 6 months of his contract remaining because the selling club will demand more compensation for the longer contract.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 22:12

Malcolm I don’t think the club are in a situation to demand a fee for a player at this moment in time so he would just leave and see out his contract.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dumpster  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 22:40

Do you believe everything you read in the papers? No way is Nisbet ready for step up. Decent enough player and finishing at this level but has a tendency to go missing in games. Needs to show more imho before getting a move away.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 22:43

Quote:

EEP, Sun 1 Dec 21:35

As soon he’s offered 2k a week and that’s nothing on Rangers budget he will be off and I would do the same.

I'll chip in a round pound. Only 1999 to go.....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 22:44

...so he would just leave and see out his contract.''

How exactly would that work?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 22:45

Ken Mackie,fee was 50.grand.Club knocked it back .A fair sum at that time.Was never the same player after that .

Post Edited (Sun 01 Dec 22:47)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Dec 22:51

Point of information - Ken McNaught, who played with Allan Evans at Aston Villa, didn't play for Raith Rovers. His father, Willie, did and Ken was born in Kirkcaldy but he spent all his footballing career in England.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bouncer  
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 00:41

2 Pens and a tap in from 3 yards mind.

2014/15 Squealadeal Prediction League Champion

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 06:51

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 1 Dec 22:51

Point of information - Ken McNaught, who played with Allan Evans at Aston Villa, didn't play for Raith Rovers. His father, Willie, did and Ken was born in Kirkcaldy but he spent all his footballing career in England.

Unlike his Holiness the Pope, I've never claimed to be infallible, wee eck. ☺

You're right, of course - I googled it and was surprised to learn that Ken was never capped for Scotland. One of only two Scottish players to have won Europe's premier club competition who share that dubious distinction.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 08:37

Quote:

..... never capped for Scotland. One of only two Scottish players to have won Europe's premier club competition who share that dubious distinction.

John McGovern being the other?

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 10:22

"Ken Mackie,fee was 50.grand.Club knocked it back .A fair sum at that time.Was never the same player after that."

My recollection is that it was Ken Mackie who turned down the chance to join Rangers - the club were happy to accept the offer.

He felt he wasn't ready at that point in his development to move to such a big club.

DAFC were skint at that time and would have welcomed the cash.

For whatever reason his form went downhill thereafter and he eventually went to Falkirk for around £6,000.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 11:04

Decent interview with Nisbet on the official site. Dismissed talk of Rangers interest, saying he’s focussed on doing his job here. Also talks about having to improve his attitude/apply himself more, following his release from Thistle. Very honest from him and does show a level of maturity.

Been impressed with Nisbet since he signed. His work rate, movement and ability with the ball at his feet is excellent. He’s also added league goals to his game in the last month. If he can keep this up, he won’t be with us for long. Of all the summer signings, he has definitely impressed me the most. Even when he’s not scoring, I feel that he adds a lot to the team and links up with Dow/Kiltie very well. I wasn’t surprised at all, when we dropped him for the game at Tannadice and struggled to create anything going forward. He is a big part of our play and I think we would struggle if he got injured.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 11:33

I too dont buy much into the rumour of Nisbet going to Rangers. I'd say he's certainly one of the top 5 strikers for the championship but still has a long way to go to prove he could do it at the level above. Saturday showed, if we can provide him the service with calculated passing from midfield rather than aimless punts (albeit Partick were down to ten men) he is a great finisher for this level. In terms of his actual current transfer value, I would be highly surprised if the board would accept anything under £250k during January (and i doubt anyone would come near that evaluation at present). He has 18 months left on his contract which in reality is two season's worth of finishing higher in the league with him (more prize money, £75k more for finishing 4th as oppose to 5th). January is also just a harder time to buy players given it's halfway through a league season and teams are resistant to selling their key players. If he manages to make it to 20 goals or above by the time the season ends, then it may well be different in the summer when teams are looking to build for the season ahead.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 13:03

He is a good player at this level and for me improving. We should be looking to increase his contract length if anything during January.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 16:18

If he is smart he will know a move to Rangers now is the end of his regular playing stints and the start of a decline into anonimity. Surely someone will learn from Faissels monumental blunder.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 16:59

Money is king remember.... If a player gets offered more money than he's currently being paid, who could blame them for jumping ship.
Everyone has bills to pay

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 20:04

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 2 Dec 16:18

If he is smart he will know a move to Rangers now is the end of his regular playing stints and the start of a decline into anonimity. Surely someone will learn from Faissels monumental blunder.

Or he could have confidence in his own ability and new found maturity, might have the swagger to make it work and a bob or two for both parties..

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 21:27

Quote:

Rastapari, Mon 2 Dec 20:04

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 2 Dec 16:18

Or he could have confidence in his own ability and new found maturity, might have the swagger to make it work and a bob or two for both parties..

Naaaa. I like him but not Rangers. Not yet. Needs a season or two at this level. Faissel mark 2

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: YeParss  
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 22:45

Burst out laughing when I read Kevin Nisbet and 1 million in the same sentence.

Some people are so clueless its mind boggling.

"cool as a cucumber"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 22:51

Again YeParss, read the posts. People are joking.

Some people are so clueless it’s mind boggling...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 Dec 23:43

I'm not convinced they are joking. I think there are seriously stupid people on this forum

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 05:08

<<I think there are seriously stupid people on this forum>>

You are the most disrespectful turd on this forum, da no 1. You really need an attitude transplant. It is a wonder that you don't walk about with a permanent black eye... or perhaps you do?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 09:45

I think the El Baktou will be a ringing lesson to many youngsters of what can happen when you think you are better than you are. Kevin speaks with a degree of maturity very much like the young lad (name escapes me) who was very good for Hamilton but stayed another season as he agreed it was better for his long term development.

I think any deal like St Mirren did with Lewis Martin should be considered however, with caveats on future sales and appearances. We sell with a season long loan straight back. (obviously insuring the value of the sale)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad123  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 09:47

renegade master wrote:

> I think the El Baktou will be a ringing lesson to many
> youngsters of what can happen when you think you are better
> than you are. Kevin speaks with a degree of maturity very much
> like the young lad (name escapes me) who was very good for
> Hamilton but stayed another season as he agreed it was better
> for his long term development.
>
> I think any deal like St Mirren did with Lewis Martin should be
> considered however, with caveats on future sales and
> appearances. We sell with a season long loan straight back.
> (obviously insuring the value of the sale)

When did we lose Lewis Martin to St Mirren...? 😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 10:21

Maybe Nisbet has the same "sell on" clause in his current contract that he had at Raith?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 15:06

I don’t think anyone believes we’ll get 1 million for Nisbet. I doubt any championship teams would get that kind of money for a player. Saying that, did Falkirk not get just under a million for McGrandles when they sold him to Norwich?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bigfoot  
Date:   Fri 6 Dec 13:52

Didn't realise it at the time, but I played rugby alongside Allan Evan's brother for years - only found out at a recent reunion dinner.

A story Gordon told me was that when he first went to Woodmill High School, the teachers thought he would be as good as his brother. That only lasted five minutes into the first kickabout!

Last we spoke, he said Allan is enjoying life down in the Plymouth area.

Jesus saves, but Kirk nets rebound
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Fri 6 Dec 17:29

He’s scored more goals than Shankland in 2019, he’s a better all round player than Shankland. Get a year extension offered and slap a £1,000,000 buy out on his contract! He will go on to big things.

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parak obama  
Date:   Fri 6 Dec 17:35

He hasn't scored since Tuesday night and his value has dropped £4 million. Football fans really are fickle

[IMG]http://share2.co.uk/f/1152_471_P300411_16.49_[02].jpg[/IMG]
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 6 Dec 18:26

Rumours that a contract extension is being offered!😎
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Fri 6 Dec 18:28

Think I was 11 when Allan Evans moved south and I was gutted at the time. So much so that I wrote to him at Villa Park to wish him well. He wrote me a really nice letter back saying how he was enjoying life there but it was great to hear from people at home with him being so far away.
To say I was pleased as punch was an understatement.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Fri 6 Dec 20:04

How much did we pay for Nisbet?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Fri 6 Dec 20:14

Hee haw
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Dec 20:34

I thought that we paid RR a fee.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Fri 6 Dec 20:49

Are we not still in discussions on what the fee should be? I'm sure I read we couldn't agree on the development fee so it's going to the correct sporting bodies to decide
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gegganpar  
Date:   Fri 6 Dec 20:54

Think he had a clause in his contract that he could go if ROVERS were not promoted.

Think we paid a fee for 3 or 4 others tho!

Sorry I'm wrong again 🤨 think his transfer is going to a tribunal.

J angus blacklaws

Post Edited (Fri 06 Dec 20:56)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 00:42

I played in the same school team as Alan Evans. He was a big unit back then, way bigger and stronger than all his teammates or the opposition. I thought at the time that was why he was successful at football but clearly he had a lot more going for him than that which he proved when he turned pro and was very successful. He scored a few goals from my crosses though back in the days!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 08:00

Which school was that Crosspar? I think he went to both King's Road and possibly Woodmill
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 13:02

There was a tribunal for Nisbet as he had a clause where he could leave if they didn’t get promotion but the rovers wanted a development from whom ever he signed for. Sounds like they made an erse of his contract and contradicted themselves. Effectively he was a free agent so they’ve not got a leg to stand on in demanding a development fee. There was also rumours that the Rovers were still due us money from the cup game in January.

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 13:34

Quote:

Tenruh, Sat 7 Dec 08:00

Which school was that Crosspar? I think he went to both King's Road and possibly Woodmill

That was Kings Road in Rosyth. Alan moved to Woodmill after 2nd year. Kings Road closed and everyone else moved to Inverkeithing, although I moved to Dunfermline High.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 16:11

Alan Evans father was in the RAF as was my father both lived at RAF Pitreavie. I remember playing football with Alan and his brother Arthur there when I was very young. They moved to Touch as we did when his father left the RAF. My sister and Alan's wife were best friends at school and still keep in touch. Alan was in our house the day he signed for Villa and passed me on some worldly advice no doubt prompted by my late father about staying at school and studying hard. Alan had a very successful career at Villa and is one of their all time greats. He had a career in management as Brian Littles No.2 at various clubs but decided to leave football behind when he left his management position at Villa following Brian Littles resignation. He lives in Plymouth where he has a driving school and teaches football to youngsters. His brother Arthur was also a good player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 18:22

KN - Is the real deal.

I watched him today. Some of his play is exceptional he has a real gift of laying it of and moving into his next position all in one movement. The second goal was outrageous - How he managed to bend it round the keeper and land it in the far corner..........

I hope we have a sell on clause built into his contract.

🔩 ya 🚀

Post Edited (Sat 07 Dec 18:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JnrB  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 18:28

Yeah, he was great today, again. Any sell on clause would be part of a transfer agreement though and wouldn’t be part of his current contract.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 18:42

He was phenomenal against Celtic in the cup game. Think it was Julien that he made a mug of, which is why Rangers had him watched. Easily our MVP this quarter . 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 19:43

Has he got a 2 year contract?

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 19:43

Nisbet was excellent without a doubt, but he was well served by Ryan Dow and Greg Kiltie to name but two.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 19:44

This ^^^^
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 20:04

He's now my absolute favourite Kevin. This run of goals have even seen him overtake Kevin McAllister from Home Alone.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 20:09

Quote:

Jeffery, Sat 7 Dec 20:04

He's now my absolute favourite Kevin. This run of goals have even seen him overtake Kevin McAllister from Home Alone.

For one horrible moment I thought you were gonna say Kevin McAllister from F@lkirk
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsPryde  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 20:41

Read the articles about Kevin getting player of month.

Both him and management are careful to state that many/most of his goals are based on the good quality balls and support that he is getting for team-mates.

He's a clever boy and will know that if he moves on he has a good chance of
1) not getting regular games and end up a bench warmer
2) not have as good an understanding with teammates and goals may dry up (causing him to hit point 1 above)

He's been around a few clubs and knows, sometimes, the chemistry just isn't there.

I'm hoping he sticks around as he is enjoying getting and taking his chances to hit the back of net.

Prime example of moving too soon is Fais. Chased the big team games too quickly and things went a bit pear shaped.

==============
Have your say, Join the PST Today

Proud to be a Par

"If you don't want to wear the jersey, stay in the dressing room": Norrie McCathie
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 20:48

I am sure Alan Evan's brother was called Ivor, not Arthur.

Post Edited (Sat 07 Dec 20:50)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 00:05

Crosspar, sorry you wre correct. His brother is indeed Ivor.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 01:00

Quote:

Hey.....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 07:10

It's important not to get carried away, but Kevin Nisbet will never again play in a game and not score.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I was in World War Two they'd call me spitfire
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 08:52

I actually think he can improve his hold-up and link-up play quite a bit. He has a tendency to be selfish and concede daft fouls. He has scored some exceptional goals though. His half-volley against PT and his second goal yesterday were top drawer. Full marks to the management team for securing his signing in the close season as there must have been a few clubs interested in him.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 12:35

Quote:

Johan_Cruyff, Sun 8 Dec 01:00

Quote:

Hey.....

I love you man.

You'll be my hero if you come over and help us win Worldnet next year.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Inchkeithpar  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 14:23

Can’t see it happening atall, gerrard plays with 1 up top. Morelos on fire this season with a prolific ex England international as back up, zac rudden is out on loan and Gerrard made it clear he is part of his long term plans plus Defoe is widely expected to join rangers permanently in the summer.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: