DAFC.net
Home 11 December 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Maradona in Mexico
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 05:31

Have any of you watched this series on Netflix?

It follows Maradona's move to Mexico to manage a club that's sitting bottom of the Second Division. It is a very good watch.

Any football coach would be bound to learn something from his motivational techniques. The players came to absolutely adore him - and some had initially been quite sceptical. I liked how he selected a point on the pitch and said to the players that when the ball went beyond that, this was a signal for the team to up its tempo.

I have long regarded Maradona with contempt for his behaviour both on and off the pitch, but this little series has moderated my views on him somewhat.

It's quite uplifting and is focussed not just on the team but the fans too.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Maradona in Mexico
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 08:28

Not so sure oz, missing at the beginning of the 2nd season ( girlfriend split/hernia operation) and chairman didn't know what the feck was going on.

Nightmare to manage him I suspect and didn't get the side promoted.

10/10 for passion but I suspect it needs more than that to succeed in most leagues.

But agreed, compulsive viewing.

Post Edited (Tue 03 Dec 08:29)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: