DAFC.net
Home $D " ; ?>
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Cammy Gill
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 21:38

Outstanding at the end there, two outstanding saves to go along with his massive save with about 15 left.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Cammy Gill
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 21:42

Gill is young, raw and will make mistakes. He has made a few outstanding saves which have won us games. Hopefully he can build from this and keep improving. He has a long career ahead of him. Not many keepers get first teams starts at his age. Well done to him tonight. It sounds like he was vital in helping us pick up 3 points.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: coventrypar  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 21:43

Might well turn his season around. And ours

"If you have no kind words to say you should say nothing more at all"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 21:50

You criticised him on Saturday Grant so well done for starting a thread praising the lad after he made what sound like 3 top class saves ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 21:53

Sounds like he made 2/3 great saves to win us the points at the end. Brilliant to hear and hopefully he can kick on from here. Iโ€™ve been critical of him when Iโ€™ve seen him play, but would genuinely love for him to prove me wrong.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 22:13

Heโ€™s always fine a good shot stopper but his recent difficulties with free kicks are certainly a cause for concern. As some above has said, heโ€™s raw and will make mistakes. Fingers crossed he eliminates them sooner rather than later as we have a decent keeper on our hands for sure

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 22:13

Clean sheet and a bit of a boost..get in.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 22:14

No player should be immune from criticism when it's deserved, equally praise should be given when required.

Well done, Cammy.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 22:20

Very good game tonight, builds his confidence
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 23:43

He will be a far superior keeper to our recent custodians, but he will also make mistakes along the way.

Superb tonight. Well done that lad. Though a filthy mouth on him at the start. โ€œGet right f**kin intae these c***sโ€ I believe was his war cry at kick off. Naughty boy!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 00:11

My heart was in my mouth when a free kick from outside the box rippled the side-net in the first half. It looked like Ayr had done their homework on him. He saved our bacon in the second half though. He seems a confident boy which is a big asset for a keeper.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 03:02

Thrilled for the clean sheet and great reports about Cammy's stops at the end.
Onwards and upwards!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parplod  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 06:46

Just watched Ayrโ€™s highlights on P&B - terrific saves.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 07:23

''You criticised him on Saturday Grant so well done for starting a thread praising the lad after he made what sound like 3 top class saves ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘"

Hear, hear. I know that Cammy - along with several other players - often find themselves drawn to this forum, to read what fans are saying, despite advice to stay away from it from the management team.

I'd imagine some of the criticism must be quite hard to take, even if it's justified, which isn't always the case. It's easy to say ''if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen'', but that's not how human nature works, is it?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 07:58

Quote:

rossmcno1, Tue 3 Dec 23:43

...Though a filthy mouth on him at the start. โ€œGet right f**kin intae these c***sโ€ I believe was his war cry at kick off. Naughty boy!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

I like him even more now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 08:28

Great response by Cammy. Let's not forget how young and inexperienced he is at this level. It's a difficult position to play when you're that young because you will always be in the spotlight if you make an error. Certainly was a massive part of the win last night and hopefully he can take confidence from it and push on to make the shirt his own. We have been on a bit of a yo-yo trend which most fans expected at the start of the season. People need to be patient with this team, we have a lot of potential and Crawford deserves praise for our recent league form. There will be more dips during the season so people need to try and remain upbeat and encourage these lads to develop.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 09:12

Well said king lad
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 09:15

Agree on gill king lad, win on sat and weโ€™ll finally have some breathing space from the bottom 2 places in the league which we have been uncomfortably close to for the whole season so keeping the pressure on.

You can then afford a few poor results, with Thompson coming back and the lad from hearts showing face weโ€™ll hopefully have some depth to the squad without having to through on players not ready for this level

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 09:39

From the few games I have seen him play, his main attribute is that he can be a very good shot stopper. That is a great attribute for a goalkeeper especially when you are defending a 1goal lead into added on time. His failings have been with high balls and free kicks. I'm sure they are working with him on that in training. A bit of hard work on these issues and we could have a great goalie.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 10:59

Quote:

Paralex, Wed 4 Dec 09:39

From the few games I have seen him play, his main attribute is that he can be a very good shot stopper. That is a great attribute for a goalkeeper especially when you are defending a 1goal lead into added on time. His failings have been with high balls and free kicks. I'm sure they are working with him on that in training. A bit of hard work on these issues and we could have a great goalie.

He said to me he'd lined up the wall slightly wrong at Tannadice. You wouldn't think he repeated that against Thistle. I thought it was a decent strike but some fans in the Norrie felt he should have saved it.

If ever there's a good time to concede a goal, it must be hard to beat being 5-0 up against 10 men, well into the second half of a game.....๐Ÿ˜Š

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 11:33

Against United the wall was set up wrong and he himself was in the wrong position, against Thistle it was more a case of poor footwork which I would say is his biggest weakness, he gets caught flat footed a few times and it really ***** you up, on the other hand footwork and positioning can be worked on, reflexes is much harder to improve upon but his are already good. Decision making will come with time hopefully, there was an incident last night where he should have came for it, he'll undoubtedly learn from it though.

It's fair to say we're never going to get the perfect keeper at this level, it's a shame we couldn't get him game time at league 1/2 which would've helped him allot, he's learning on the job atm. A few weeks where he's not culpable for any goals would be perfect, last night he legitimately saved us 2 points, potentially 3.

Best display by a Pars keeper this season, and probably the most vital since Robinson against Falkirk?

Post Edited (Wed 04 Dec 11:33)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsPryde  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 12:31

I've been trying to keep an eye on Cammy for several years now. Ever since I heard a whisper that he got a glowing endorsement from a Respected Goal keeping coach that he'd be "Goalie for Scotland" one day.

My concern was always where and when you give a young keeper a chance to play and boost both experience and confidence. Goal keepers are a unique breed. If you make a single mistake, you can cost the team the match. No other position has such pressure. Even spoke to Shields about it one evening.

My view on this season is this: We have stripped the team back and brought in youngsters, in an attempt to REBUILD a team that can push onward and upwards. Therefore it is unlikely we will be in promotion places at end of season but I'm hoping we're in top 4 area.
Manage my expectations.
As the saying goes "Plan for the worst and hope for the best"

We will ALWAYS have BAD results. The Cup defeats have been bad, bad, bad, no arguments. Cost us much needed funding. We have had some very naive games where we have been bossed and bullied out of points we should have won.... but the team now seems to have gelled into a better understanding and we are now getting results and points.... but since I didn't go crazy at loses I will not be getting crazy at good wins either.

At the start of the season,most fans agreed that this would be a hard season with such a young team. Most, if not all, agreed "Mid Table" would be acceptable. Priority was to avoid getting soooo close to relegation scenario from last season.

Management are obviously targeting Promotion Play-off places. Gotta reach high. Gotta believe the youngsters can win the league!

Me? I'd be content if we are safely (as in lots of points ahead) in 6th or above.

Although I would be very very happy to be fighting for Promotion Play-off places.

==============
Have your say, Join the PST Today

Proud to be a Par

"If you don't want to wear the jersey, stay in the dressing room": Norrie McCathie
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Postage Stamp  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 12:38

Can't argue with the comments above. Didn't quite realise how big his saves were last night until I caught the highlights there, the last-ditch block with his foot was outstanding.

Glad to see him taking his opportunities, and the more games he has like last night, the more confidence he'll get. Onwards and upwards, Cammy!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 13:21

Good posts from Grant and Pars Pryde, above.

Goalkeepers are unique, as has been alluded and because (Sorry for saying this yet again) our brains are programmed to remember things that happen rather than those which don't, we will remember a poor goal conceded by our goalie and tend to forget about a good chance missed at the other end. So while I can understand Gill getting some criticism when his mistakes cost us points, but I thought he could have been given a break on Saturday, given that the goal made little difference to the final result.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 14:18

Quote:

rossmcno1, Tue 3 Dec 23:43

He will be a far superior keeper to our recent custodians, but he will also make mistakes along the way.

Superb tonight. Well done that lad. Though a filthy mouth on him at the start. โ€œGet right f**kin intae these c***sโ€ I believe was his war cry at kick off. Naughty boy!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

That's filthy language alright, the Chairman has released statements lambasting the fans for less
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 15:53

Something to work on together with his placement at free kicks but don't take away his absolute resolve to pummel the opposition.

But on the point about goalkeepers being isolated as the last line of defence I remember the goalie in a Glasgow youth team I played for crying his eyes out after a game where his mistake in a cup final lost us the game. He went on to play for Sheffield Utd and West Ham. I think he was called up for Scotland but not capped.

Post Edited (Wed 04 Dec 15:55)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
ยฉ 2020 -- DAFC.net