DAFC.net
Home 19 April 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 A bit more consistency
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 22:25

With a bit more consistently the team will play with more confidence and the players will relax into their game

Following the dreadful performance at Stranraer they have recovered with two excellent wins, let’s hope we can follow it up against one of our perpetual bogey teams on Saturday

There was some negativity after the cup exit (me included) but onward and upward
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: A bit more consistency
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 22:27

We’ve won 5 of our last 7 league games. Don’t think many teams will manage consistency like that in this league.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 22:37

If we can maintain that kind of form then we will finish second, will be more peaks and troughs with a young team though

It was always going to be a roller coaster. Credit where it is due though, well done lads, let’s keep it going for now
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 22:43

A really good result tonight and hope people lay off Crawford although not likely as there will be calls for his head next time we lose.
As was said we are consistent in the league second only to Dundee Utd right now and time the fans really start to push this team onwards.
Our home record has turned around big time with four wins on the trot and we are doing ok away from home all in all.
A decent gap from the bottom and fourth top should leave most sensible people with my more optimism.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 22:44

100% agree- ups and downs, there will be times where teams will simply have the measure of us.

I have to say personally I've enjoyed the games, certainly compared to last season- at least as a club we now have a recruitment strategy.

We will lose games too, sometimes not well...that's what happens.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndBoy  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 22:47

Quote:

1970par, Tue 3 Dec 22:25

With a bit more consistently the team will play with more confidence and the players will relax into their game

Following the dreadful performance at Stranraer they have recovered with two excellent wins, let’s hope we can follow it up against one of our perpetual bogey teams on Saturday

There was some negativity after the cup exit (me included) but onward and upward

'Some negativity' must be the understatement of the year.

...ken?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Tue 3 Dec 23:00

Keep winning at home and nick the odd away win and the play offs will look after themselves.

Hell of a league, could legitimately finish anywhere from 2nd to 10th although I reckon we'll be 3rd to 5th.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Thu 5 Dec 13:23

hope we can lift bogey of morton dont know how many games in last couple of seasons they have scored injury time goals against us lets hope we can be be well clear by injury time on saturday cmon yee pars

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Fri 6 Dec 12:42

It is strange how teams seem to fall into a pattern of fortunes/misfortunes.

No doubt we have consistently struggled to get results against Morton over the last few seasons; but you can add Dundee utd, Falkirk and QOS to that list too.

Strange, because we seem to have done much better against the likes of St.Mirren, Ayr Utd, Dumbarton and now Partick Thistle. Go figure?

Perhaps equally strange is how many times Dumbarton managed to get results against Dundee Utd.

It's a funny old game indeed :)

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net