DAFC.net
Home $D " ; ?>
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Credit
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 01:42

I said to my dad on the way out of the ground on Saturday that I wasn’t prepared to give the team credit for the 5-1 demolition job of the jags as I thought it was partly down to how poor they were and that the game against Ayr would be the telling factor in whether or not we could back up Saturdays performance with a win at Somerset but after traveling down to ayr tonight and watching what I thought was a complete performance I am happy to have been proved wrong we looked fitter and sharper tonight given it’s our 2nd game in 3 days I had a feeling ayr would come more into the game in the last 10 but make no mistake we worked as a unit tonight something which I think has been missing as of late onwards and upwards hopefully another 3 points on Saturday

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Credit
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 04:17

Well said.

Another important factor was that we largely kept the ball on the deck. We have fallen down so often in the past by opting to lump balls blindly forward, usually finding the head or chest of an opposition player.

There was an element of desperation in some of our defending in the last five minutes that suggested we were resorting to our old ways but thankfully, despite sitting back far too deep, we survived.

We have a good pool of players for this league; it is clear to see that on our day we can be competitive with anyone (even Celtic at Parkhead!). We just need to play to our strengths and that means keeping the ball low, passing with accuracy and upping our tempo when we're on the offensive.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 07:04

The team deserve all the credit they get for the recent performances - especially following the Stranraer result.

However, if Gill had failed to make the save at the end and Ayr scraped a point, there would have been criticism about us being naive for dropping too deep and not having the guts to grind out the result.

The signs are good. We just need to be wary of putting too much emphasis on an individual result rather than the overall trend.

I realise it's a football forum though so probably not going to happen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 07:20

There were also, unbelievably, people questioning the decision to take Nisbet off on Saturday yet last night he scored the goal that won the game and also took a wee knock and came off. Had he stayed on the park on Saturday he might not have had that sharpness, or picked up an injury in the latter stages of the game, etc. 100% the correct decision.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 12:51

Also, if Gabby McGill has been given the number 9 shirt, they probably rate him as a decent prospect.

If you're not going to bring him on at 5-0, against 10 men and with half an hour left, you're best loaning him out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net