DAFC.net
Home $D " ; ?>
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 U12's Go Free V Morton
Topic Originator: Rosyth Par  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 17:42

If any U12's bring along a tin for the foodbank donation they get free entry into the game against Morton this Saturday as per COWS, a great gesture by the club 👏
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: U12's Go Free V Morton
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 18:21

Quote:

Rosyth Par, Wed 4 Dec 17:42

If any U12's bring along a tin for the foodbank donation they get free entry into the game against Morton this Saturday as per COWS, a great gesture by the club 👏

As you say, a brilliant initiative by the Pars. Do you know if this information is being sent directly to local primary schools? They all have generic emails which are picked up in the school office and can be easily publicised from there.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 20:58

Great idea, I will bring a bag or two along.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Wed 4 Dec 21:21

GG is right - this is the kind of initiative that should be advertised as widely as possible. It’s a win-win for all concerned. Food banks are, sadly, all too necessary in 2019 and it’s great that the club are supporting this cause locally. Kids can be made aware of the need to support folks less fortunate than themselves, and families can save a few bob at this time of year by getting their kids in cheaply. The benefits to the club itself are also self evident. I hope this can be touted as extensively as possible. A great idea from our club, one that all clubs could and should adopt (if they don’t already).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Thu 5 Dec 07:50

It is a great initiative.

Those of us who do not like the dependence on foodbanks can tackle the problem on Thursday 12th.

A number of options are available.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Thu 5 Dec 07:58

I will be bringing a bag along for the clubs collection, we can all contribute not just kids coming to a game and gaining entry for a can

Where is the collection point?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Thu 5 Dec 11:21

^^^ Home or away ticket pods, or at the club shop.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 Dec 13:20

Quote:

parfection, Wed 4 Dec 21:21

GG is right - this is the kind of initiative that should be advertised as widely as possible. It’s a win-win for all concerned. Food banks are, sadly, all too necessary in 2019 and it’s great that the club are supporting this cause locally. Kids can be made aware of the need to support folks less fortunate than themselves, and families can save a few bob at this time of year by getting their kids in cheaply. The benefits to the club itself are also self evident. I hope this can be touted as extensively as possible. A great idea from our club, one that all clubs could and should adopt (if they don’t already).

I was sufficiently encouraged by your ringing endorsement to contact the club and was given permission to circulate my contacts in our local primary schools with this information. I have quite a few, so we can expect to see a bigger than normal juvenile presence and hear some shrill voices when the singing starts....☺

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Thu 5 Dec 13:53

Good man. Let’s hope the food bank benefits accordingly - and the vocal support becomes maybe a bit more shrill in future too. Good luck with your contacts.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 5 Dec 14:08

hopefully some local kids who potentially would normally benefit from a food bank can benefit from the match entry element to this as well despite what is the toughest time of year for many families. The 90minutes of the match could be a welcome rest-bite to some of the stresses and strains at home.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 5 Dec 14:29

Quote:

parfection, Thu 5 Dec 13:53

Good man. Let’s hope the food bank benefits accordingly - and the vocal support becomes maybe a bit more shrill in future too. Good luck with your contacts.

Most of my contacts are either head teachers or depute heads, so I'm optimistic that they will publicise the information. One replied immediately to say she thought it was a great initiative by the Pars and that she would arrange to have it put out on social media.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net