DAFC.net
Home $D " ; ?>
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Man Of The Match.
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 19:18

Kevin Nisbet.

Runners Up: Greg Kiltie and Ryan Dow.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Man Of The Match.
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 19:34

Nisbet then Dow, wee shout out for Lewis Martin , I thought he marshalled the defence brilliantly today

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 19:42

Lewis Martin did extremely well, indeed he has been excellent this season (so far).

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 20:03

Beadling
Kiltie
Nisbet
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 20:14

Nisbet for me closely followed by Dow.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 20:19

Ryan Dow. Outstanding

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 20:22

Apart from the obvious candidates, it has been good to see Cochrane performing well above average in midfield and Kyle Turner always catches my eye with some very stylish play. His passing is superb. One or two passes were intercepted but that's because they were ambitious defence splitting attempts.None of the players are letting us down and we have a bit of strength in depth.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 20:52

It is indeed weird how folk see the game differently.

I was just saying to my mate how poor Nesbit had been then he scored a beauty of a goal to win us the match.

Is he invaluable? Probably but mom? Mmmm? Not sure

Beading? Seriously?. I thought he was poor. Dow? Similarly ineffective for most of the game.

Martin? A contender for sure. The quiet man on the team for me today...Comrie.

Great to win again but SC would have had a lot to answer for if Morton had equalised.....and they probably deserved to in the second half as they were well on top for twenty minutes or so, if it was not for a fantastic block from Devine it might have been 2-2.

We did deserve to win overall...just, but why wait until the opposition had made three subs before we made one?

Thomson was good when he came on to be fair but is still probably a few games away from full fitness.

Anyhoo, onwards and upwards , we are getting a few breaks just now that we were not getting a few weeks ago for sure.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 20:57

Quote:

desparado, Sat 7 Dec 20:52

I was just saying to my mate how poor Nesbit had been then he scored a beauty of a goal to win us the match.

Beading? Seriously?. I thought he was poor. Dow? Similarly ineffective for most of the game.

Great to win again but SC would have had a lot to answer for if Morton had equalised.....and they probably deserved to in the second half as they were well on top for twenty minutes or so, if it was not for a fantastic block from Devine it might have been 2-2.

We did deserve to win overall...just, but why wait until the opposition had made three subs before we made one?

Thomson was good when he came on to be fair but is still probably a few games away from full fitness.

Anyhoo, onwards and upwards , we are getting a few breaks just now that we were not getting a few weeks ago for sure.

Nesbit Dow and Beadling poor? You haven't a clue if that is your conclusion.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 21:06

Dow was excellent today as was Comrie and Martin. Special mention for Danny Devine. Solid today against countless high balls. Well done

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 21:08

Lewis Martin, unsung hero this season, also credit to him for taking the armband
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 21:11

Comrie for me, with Dow and Martin not far behind.

And while I have never been a fan of Devine, his performances at Ayr and today have been excellent and he deserves a lot of credit.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters' Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 21:20

Lewis Martin for me then Nisbet.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimMcDAFC  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 21:42

I have never been totally convinced with Nesbit but his finishing in the last 3 games has been first class and apart from that he gave that Morton defence a real tanking today despite them fouling most of the game. I hope we can hold on to Dow as I think he his a very clever player and should be playing in the top league. Really no failures today although was a bit worried we may go down to ten men after Edwards getting booked so early on that surface. As some have said i think we got the breaks today ( not before time) and we were hanging on a bit before the third goal. I think Dow would be my MOM
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 21:55

The better players were all in the forward areas. Kiltie, Nisbet and Dow were all good.
Comrie was his usual consistent self and Martin made some good challenges.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 22:01

Quote:

desparado, Sat 7 Dec 20:52

Nesbit and Dow poor? You mustn't have any understanding of the game at all. Nesbits hold up play was brilliant today, and Dow was fantastic
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 22:17

Nisbet
Devine
Comrie

Andy J

Post Edited (Sat 07 Dec 22:18)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 22:36

As I said we all see the game differently .... glad one or two agree with me regarding Comrie.. Dow ? Thought he was average at best today... Beadling? If that was him playing well then I can’t wait till he does ..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 22:52

It’s NISBET not Nesbit.

Lewis Martin for me then Nisbet

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 22:53

Aye ok Nisbet....nae need to shout !
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LesliePar  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 23:07

Desparado you're needing to stay off the crack mate 😂

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 23:09

Just because we won doesn’t mean to say that I thought we played well . I thought we average first half and second best most of the second half.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 23:14

You must be a right laugh, 3 wins on the trot and 3rd in the league yet being as negative as humanly possible. Nisbet was everywhere today, if he wasn't causing problems in the Morton box he was holding it up, bringing others into the game and won countless fouls, how you could say he didn't play well is beyond me. As for Dow, I could count on one hand the amount of times he lost the ball, he was constantly beating defenders and put loads of great balls in the box, you are right about seeing a game differently because you must have been at a different match. We have had some poor results and performances this season so can we not just give praise where it's due rather than trying to pick up on the tiny things? It was a scrappy win, but it's the kind of win that we weren't getting earlier in the season with late equalisers and penalty decisions.

COYP!

Post Edited (Sat 07 Dec 23:15)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 23:17

I was at the same match. Everyone sitting near me thought the same in the second half that Morton looked very likely to equalise .... and if they had I would have put money on them going on to win. We got some breaks today for sure .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 23:23

I don't disagree with you, I actually agree that Morton probably should have got something. It was your point about Nisbet/Dow I was countering when you said they were poor, and I disagree.

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 00:20

Maybe some of our correspondents are thinking of Rab Nesbit, he of the string vest and pot belly. I think big Kev originates from the Glasgow area and in speech his pronunciation of the word "definitely " as witnessed in a recent interview was in the Glasgow form of "definately" with the stress on the "ATE". But there, I think the likeness to the incorrigible Rab ends. I wid just add "Gaun yersel big man, yer daen great".
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 00:33

Sometimes you make your own luck, so hopefully there will be more of it. Nisbett is a real goal threat and finishes well. Thats what we need. Alround the team are getting better as the season goes on as many on this foeum thought they would. Hopefully the best is yet to come now that the confidence is building and the supporters get behind them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 02:25

Nisbet easily but a shoutout to Lewis Martin who has been POTY by a mile for me. So solid everywhere he plays and was great to see him with the armband today.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 09:17

I thought that we had signed Rab C.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bod1004  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 09:22

Dow, then Martin, shout for Nisbet, quality goal, that eased the pressure at the end
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 09:51

Dow - Some clever runs, v intelligent player

Martin - Clever defending

Nisbet - Great hold up play and great finisher

That's my 3

Special mention for Joe. Morton ran us around in midfield but he changed the game around when he came on. They then had to track his running.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 10:09

Dow, Comrie then Nisbet for me. A similar performance to that at Ayr I thought.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 14:56

Aaron Comrie, best signing this season closely followed by Dow

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 15:35

gordi-b wrote:

> Aaron Comrie, best signing this season closely followed by Dow
>
>

Pash bait
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 18:27

Joe Thomson must be pushing for a starting place now, he looks fit and raring to go, hard decision for SC now as we have a good pool of midfielders to chose from
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 19:27

I'd disagree, Kenny. Joe goes straight in as soon as he is fit. The same thing applies to Murray.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 68guns  
Date:   Mon 9 Dec 08:07

Martin

Comrie

Dow
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net