DAFC.net
Home 18 September 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Midfield
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 20:50

3 wins on the bounce and even though Nisbet is grabbing the headlines, our centre midfielders have been excellent.

The likes of Beadling, Cochrane, Turner, Thomson have a lot of energy about them and are all decent championship players.

Even though Paton is the captain for experience reasons, we seem to move the ball quicker and get closer to the forwards without him in the team. He sits on top of the defence a lot which creates a large gap between him and the other midfielder who is trying to support the strikers.

Much prefer the combination we have been using recently. Beadling and Thomson would be my first 2 choices.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Midfield
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 20:56

The diamond with Cochrane in front of the back four, Beadling and Dow central and Turner further forward is working well
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 7 Dec 21:58

They weren't playing a diamond today, Kenny

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 08:27

Great point Conner, I’ve been saying for years about how we shouldn’t be playing with an immobile central midfielder in a 442 but we’ve had a series of them.

Paton should only plays in a 352 which we don’t really play. But we’ve made a rod for our own back by making him captain....

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 09:43

I'm no caring what formation we play, when Joe is fully fit he's back in that team. He brings so much energy to the midfield. Before he came on Morton were running the show and looked like they could score at any time. He then came on and that stopped because they had to start running after him and track his runs. Looking forward to him being fully fit, not just for his dynamism but happy he's over that horrific injury.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 10:16

Who was supposed to be playing left midfield ? I thought Edwards was very exposed in the second half often having to deal with two attackers- especially after Nesbit (?) came on for Morton they found a lot of space down our left flank.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 12:44

Turner looked the furthest left to me but it was certainly an area Morton took control of for the last half hour.

Shame they got too adventurous down that side right at the end 😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 13:58

Any midfield line up MUST include Joe Thomson.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 14:33

Kiltie was on the left, Dow was on the right with Cochrane the deepest lying midfielder, Beadling playing box to box and Turner given the most license to go forward.

Nesbitt is a good player and Edwards didn't deal particularly well with him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sun 8 Dec 14:48

It looked something like 4-1-4-1 to me, with Cochrane sitting in front of the defence, with the four in front of him pretty much as Grant describes above.

I was a bit surprised to see Cochrane playing there - he did quite well to begin with but struggled later on. Dow and Kiltie did get up to support Nisbet as you'd expect, though that became difficult in the second half when we were having to do a lot of defending deep in our own half.

If we go with that shape again and Paton is fit, I think he probably has to come in and take the spot in front of the defence that Cochrane had yesterday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Mon 9 Dec 09:05

Agree with Socks - Cochran started well but faded badly - I was surprised he wasn’t taken off. I was very critical of Paton early on but have been much happier with him recently - Thomson also impressed when he came on.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net