DAFC.net
Home $D " ; ?>
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Newcastle season tickets
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 09:19

Newcastle are offering season ticket holders a free additional half-season ticket to gift to fellow supporters to help fill St James' Park.

Sunday's 2-1 victory over Southampton was Newcastle's lowest home crowd for a Premier League match since November 2010, with 42,303 in attendance.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Newcastle season tickets
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 09:36

Good idea, I know they are not well run but it's not asset stripping.

Doing well, the fans are a bit delusional, seem to think they should be doing better, but truthfully bouncing about the 2 leagues, probably is the natural place.

Bernard Cribbins is the manager, and he is ideal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 09:45

Quote:

neils, Tue 10 Dec 09:36

Good idea, I know they are not well run but it's not asset stripping.

Doing well, the fans are a bit delusional, seem to think they should be doing better, but truthfully bouncing about the 2 leagues, probably is the natural place.

Bernard Cribbins is the manager, and he is ideal.

Can't agree with you there, Neils. Newcastle came within a whisker of winning the title when they had a decent chairman/owner, Sir John Hall and a decent manager, Keegan. They have been getting shafted ever since by the likes of Mike Ashley and Freddie Shepherd.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 10:06

I actually thought 42,203 was a good attendance so I googled the stadium capacity and it is 52,354
With attendances averaging around 46,000 this season down from an average of 52,000
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 10:31

Different times, after that they were paying top dollar for poor players - like Sunderland and Villa. Thereafter dirty money paid for the title (oligarchs, actual countries with abysmal rights etc.)

They are badly run for sure, but the fans are delusional- it would take money that even Ashley doesn't have- how has he shafted them? He has put in what 200/300 M and no one realistically wants to buy them, because......traditionally they are a 2nd tier team/ 1st tier sometimes.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 11:47

Good idea ?

I wonder what ST holders who paid the full price think about absentee “fans” who will benefit from half a season’s free entry ?

Likewise regular PATG supporters who will not ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 11:59

I am happy to pay for my ST at EEP, but I would be over the moon if our board gave away free 1/2 STs to home games. There are loads of fans that would go to matches but just can't afford it.

I don't think many of the stay away fans take MA up on these freebies tho

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.

Post Edited (Tue 10 Dec 12:01)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 12:03

You can only do this sort of thing once. Rather than encourage fans to buy a season ticket next year or even pay at the gate for an occasional game, couldn't it lead to more fans holding off in the hope they'll repeat the offer next season?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 13:26

It wasn't that long ago that they had a long waiting list to even get a season ticket.If and when Ashley leaves I'm sure they will get back to that. Never seen more replica tops worn than on a matchday in Newcastle and when full it's a cracking atmosphere there.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 13:34

I think the Newcastle fans are boycotting until Ashley leaves- no one wants to realistically buy them though.

They lucked out with Benitez due to his circumstances at the time, leaving the delusion that they can/should attract big names now.

They cant, and never will unless some billionaire or a sinister corporation buys them.

Bernard Cribbins is an appropriate manager with the (sensible) budget?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 13:40

lucked out with Bemitez? Yet 9 points better off now than they were this time last season

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 13:48

They still have the 7th highest average gate in the PL, spent all but 3 years in the top tier since it became the Premier League,this is their 87th season in the top division, 9th highest total of trophies won for an English club in history albeit not many recently.In 1999 they were the 5th highest revenue producing club in the whole world and Man U were the only English club above them.As recently as 2015 they were the 17th highest revenue producing club in the world. I certainly wouldn't reach a conclusion that they are a 'traditionally a second tier team/first tier sometimes'.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 13:50

Yes, I meant managers with world standing.

In truth Houghton, Hughes etc. Are better for a club like Newcastle.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 13:53

Quote:

neils, Tue 10 Dec 10:31

Different times, after that they were paying top dollar for poor players - like Sunderland and Villa. Thereafter dirty money paid for the title (oligarchs, actual countries with abysmal rights etc.)

They are badly run for sure, but the fans are delusional- it would take money that even Ashley doesn't have- how has he shafted them? He has put in what 200/300 M and no one realistically wants to buy them, because......traditionally they are a 2nd tier team/ 1st tier sometimes.

Nobody wants to buy them because Ashley's asking price is far too high. My Geordie pal tells me he's making a profit every year and has used it to buy into High St retail stores. Remember they're getting pots of money from TV sponsorship as well as through the turnstiles and marketing of club merchandise.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 13:58

It's also not a lack of interest from buyers. Although this is a bit out of date, most if these various ways of calculating the value of a football club come out at less than the £350m MA wants:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-much-newcastle-united-really-13812059
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 14:38

Will it not be the case that the season ticket holders who are boycotting will just apply for them and the result will be the same amount of empty seats?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 15:01

If The boycotters are ST holders, the club can’t offer their seats to anybody again.

They are simply “no shows” by choice.

Post Edited (Tue 10 Dec 15:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 15:29

Yeah, but I am sure any season ticket hold would be able to find a fellow supporter who would join them in there no show campaign.
I was looking last month (ish) and with one week to go there were still tickets for the Man U game! That shows how many fans are boycotting, not that Ashley cares, he is just consuming the TV money. It’s now the case that attendance money makes no difference to the clubs in the Premierships financiers.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 15:50

I’m not following this DC.

The club can only offer free 1/2 STs for currently unallocated seats where nobody is attending.

So, if these new 1/2 ST holders also don’t turn up there is no overall change.

Or am I missing something ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 17:36

That's what I was thinking VEE, if stay away fans take up the free ST offer, then still stay away. Then by law Ashley cant even sell these seats to PATG fans as seats are allocated through season ticket holders

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Tue 10 Dec 18:06

Quote:

neils, Tue 10 Dec 10:31

Yeh, just the 87 seasons in the top tier...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 14 Dec 18:47

“ Bernard Cribbins is the manager,...”

Why do I have the Wombles in my heid? 🤪

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Sat 14 Dec 19:01

Or Right said Fred?

Post Edited (Sat 14 Dec 19:26)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net