DAFC.net
Home 30 May 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Rock and a hard place
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 29 Dec 16:52

I am not in any way A Crawford fan I am a pars fan. The board has now left it to late if they are thinking about sacking Stevie C, by the time a new manager gets to see what he has to work with the window will be closed. What I am trying to say is EEP should get behind Craw and his young team until the board makes the decision about who comes in next

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rock and a hard place
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sun 29 Dec 16:54

As much as I’m frustrated with what’s been happening the past two seasons, I would have bit your hand off for 8th place before a ball was kicked. There’s still plenty time for us to go in to total free-fall. If that happens then it could possibly too late to take proper action.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 29 Dec 16:57

I personally don’t think Crawford is anywhere near being on a shoogly peg, regardless of the fans opinion on whether he’s fit for the role or not.

We’re three points off a playoff spot and get into one with a win in the next game.

Board expectations are being met I think, living within our means, trusting youth and being competitive, challenging for the playoffs.

Fans expectations are obviously higher.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Sun 29 Dec 17:05

^^^^^^^
This, except .....
(SOME) Fans expectations are obviously (UNREALISTICALLY) higher (GIVEN OUR CURRENT FINANCIAL POSITION).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 29 Dec 17:28

i think as we've seen it's not about budgets...

we have a few good players and can field a reasonable team. when our good players play well we are able to beat most of the teams in the league.

i think the problem is that if things aren't quite clicking for our players, or an opposing team can negate our one style of play then we don't seem to be able to do anything...
i think for me that's the problem most have with SC, if plan A works then great, if it doesn't or our opposition changes things up to combat our plan A then we've got nothing else. there's no real tactical changes we make to change a game - and IMHO, i don't think that's really anything about our players/financial situation.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Sun 29 Dec 17:41

Sorry, DBP. Totally disagree. Get rid of SC and his team and compensation has to be paid. Take on a new manager (if you can find one that satisfies all criteria) and you're likely again to have to pay compensation - that, plus a manager with experience and a track record ain't going to come cheap. Of course we can just forget the budget and blow whatever we have to in hopeful anticipation of a "bounce factor" which is going to have thousands more supporters (or so some people on this forum imply) flocking through the gates. And then where do we end up? How much did Falkirk lose last season? And they're not in a unique position.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 29 Dec 18:33

Craw is not going to be replaced in Jan but I’m worried if we do lose Nisbet where are the goals going to come from?
Hope we don’t as I rate Nisbet highly.
I’ll ask again what has changed from the start of the season as we were playing great high pressing football?
Dow and Coley were great but then we went into freefall.....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 29 Dec 18:39

We're hardly in freefall. We haven't been out of the top 5 since the end of November.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 29 Dec 20:32

Have we changed crawfords contract? I thought he was a 1 year rolling deal?

If that’s right we need to remove that pronto.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 29 Dec 20:36

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 29 Dec 18:39

We're hardly in freefall. We haven't been out of the top 5 since the end of November.

Too much sense.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 08:15

What bit don't you agree with Yorke?

Just to be clear, I never said anything about replacing SC... I said at our level it's not really about budgets, it's about a well organised team, who have a plan and can adapt tactics as required.
I said the reason we're winning is because we have a few good players, so sometimes plan A works... but if it doesn't we're unable to change tactically.
That is what I believe most people's concern with SC is

Is it all of the above you completely disagree with?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 08:36

"This, except .....
(SOME) Fans expectations are obviously (UNREALISTICALLY) higher (GIVEN OUR CURRENT FINANCIAL POSITION)."

Ayr United and Arbroath being well known financial power houses right enough? The high expectations including winning home games to part-time teams propping up the table? People keep saying that we're currently 5th and 3 points off a play off spot so we should be happy if we stay in the division? Talk about contradictions there!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 09:17

Can you provide a quote of a poster that’s said this contradiction?

This ‘People keep saying’ and the ‘majority now accepts’ from another thread is just overblown and exaggerated nonsense.

The 3-1 defeat was a bad one, but the goals were a Scully muck up, Edwards with a schoolboy error, but given what Craw said could’ve been offside anyway and a clumsy penalty when caught on the break trying to get back in the game.

Can blame Craw for all they three goals right enough.....

I’m not his biggest fan and wasn’t pleased when I learnt of his appointment but don’t think he could’ve done much different to have prevented those goals on Saturday.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net