DAFC.net
Home 30 May 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Morelos abused
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 18:19

Allegations being made by Rangers that their star striker was on the receiving end of racial abuse from Celtic fans during yesterday's Old Firm match. If true then hopefully these cretins will be identified and brought to task but i suspect nothing will come of this.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Morelos abused
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 18:30

It is also alleged Kane Hemmings was the subject of racial abuse by Dundee Utd fans last week.Picked up on Ben's video according to this

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5114530/dundee-united-investigation-racism-kane-hemmings/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 18:52

It does seem to be a growing disease within the game. Or maybe it's always been there but we are now noticing it more? Either way it needs stamped out and quickly.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 18:53

It does seem to be a growing disease within the game. Or maybe it's always been there but we are now noticing it more? Either way it needs stamped out and quickly.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 19:01

IMO we are going about this the wrong way.

This has nothing to do with Dundee FC, they nor any other football club can control what fans shout at games. If the individual is identified they should be given the chance to personally - face to face apologise for their actions to Kane Hemmings. If they don't it's a life ban from Scottish football.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 19:30

iv never got racism at all. Who cares is someone has a different skin colour?
What amazes me is Celtic have African players in their team🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
Do they racially abuse their own team?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jwd1103  
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 20:03

What were all the cut-throat gestures from Morelos about ? It's rich irony that a club who's fans sing about being up to the knees of Catholics on a regular basis now try to play the racist card as the value of their financial saviours value falls yet again due to his inherent cheating nature an inability to score against what pitifully passes as the best defenders in the SPFL - he'd be out of his depth in the Championship , never mind the EPL which I'm sure he'd have some eligibility tests to pass that are ignored by our useless SFA.
By the way the best team by a mile won at Celtic Park yesterday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 20:05

Quote:

EEP, Mon 30 Dec 19:30

iv never got racism at all. Who cares is someone has a different skin colour?
What amazes me is Celtic have African players in their team🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
Do they racially abuse their own team?

Incredible though this may seem, some hard of thinking fans are able to differentiate between black players in their own team and those in their opponents. At Ibrox, they can even differentiate between Catholic opponents and those playing in blue tops.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 20:11

I don't think our present government in Westminster help much.They seem to encourage racism as that is what they are now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 20:21

To be fair Morelos record this season in the Europa League is exceptional.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 20:23

Exactly GG - yet for as long as I remember our games governing bodies do SFA about it, especially if it involves the Govan Team. UEFA have taken action against them yet our governing body do nothing, To be fair it seems like the penny's dropping (or there's even better sound editing going on by the tv broadcasters) since you don't hear it as obviously on tv now.
However what the events that brought a Dutchman to overthrow the King of Scotland and England in 1690 have to do with football have always escaped me
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 20:55

Was he not getting abuse because he's basically a t**ser?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 21:20

"I don't think our present government in Westminster help much.They seem to encourage racism as that is what they are now."

Politics is a minefield and I wouldn't like anyone to think I voted for the present governing party, but it's surely worth acknowledging that two of the four great offices of state are occupied by people of colour (Javid and Patel), and a third by the son of a Jewish Czech immigrant (Raab). Even Johnson is partly of Turkish descent. (I don't think any are much use, but that's a different matter!)

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters' Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc

Post Edited (Mon 30 Dec 21:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 21:52

Morelos is an absolute bampot and I'm 150% certain he was abused yesterday. Whether it was racist or not is anyones guess but it's a bit hypocritical of the tribute act highlighting alleged racism while they've swept bigotry under the carpet for over a century

And the last thing the tribute act should call for is VAR. Morelos would be permanently suspended. I despise players like him

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Mon 30 Dec 21:53)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 22:05

Wasn't it earlier this year that Rangers issued issued quite a damning statement unequivocally slating sectarian abuse aimed at Stevie Clarke from the stands at Ibrox. They are on the face of it doing more than previous administrations have. However even if they hadn't done anything about sectarianism that doesn't give free license to Celtic fans to racially abuse Morelos (if indeed it actually happened).

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 22:12

Has anyone been caught and subsequently banned from Ibrox for sectarian abuse?

Or Parkhead for that matter?

Post Edited (Mon 30 Dec 22:12)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 22:17

Good point TOWK. Sevco fans seem to hate Steve Clarke because he had the audacity to complain about the sad f*nian bast*rd song. I wouldn’t be surprised if Morelos was abused , chances are there was racism as well. The two Glasgow clubs have a staggering number of knuckle dragging fans.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 22:34

Every club knows Sevco are desperate to sell Morelos . Celtic should offer £7m over 4 years based on international appearances and make sure the offer is published far and wide on the MSSM.... then decrease it by 100,000 every week as the deadline approaches while upping his wages offer each week too.. and making it public. Shouldn't make much difference to a emm how much does jim Traynor think he's worth ? This could be a factual proven bid....oh how we'd laugh
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 22:44

Morelos,as I said before,a good player but a cheat who tries to get players booked.That idiotic run in front and throw himself on the ground to get himself sent off says it all really.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 22:48

I'd imagine that a Newcastle or Crystal Palace will stump around 15 million in the summer and sign him.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 22:56

VAR and Morelos would not be a great combination.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 23:07

The point is he was abused, already tons of videos on social media supporting the rangers statement. Regardless to anyone's views on him as a player, no player should be subjected to that abuse. However I am sure the white Scottish media will wipe it under the carpet and blame the black man. The Scottish media behaviour towards him is exactly the same behaviours that the English media treated Sterling. Ryan Christie grabbing Morelos by the balls yesterday, if that was other way round it would be front pages and calls for compliance officer, no mention today? Wait till the black man does it and everyone will be up in arms. Have a think..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 31 Dec 00:00

Morelos is a dick who also happens to be a talented black Rangers player. The vast majority of the abuse he gets is because he is an annoying dick on a football pitch. Anyone who gives him any other type of abuse should be prosecuted.

Bigotry and sectarianism are far more of an issue in Scotland but will never be dealt with because the government and football authorities are too weak.

Post Edited (Tue 31 Dec 00:12)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 31 Dec 07:56

Racism is not ok whichever clubs fans it comes from, neither is sectarianism which would have been spouted at several of the players on the pitch at the New Firm match

What is the difference?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 31 Dec 10:31

In what world is Morelos “black”? He’s South American; South American Indian perhaps, but not black.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 31 Dec 10:51

Oz, I may be wrong wrong but I believe that Morelos could be from the ethnic Colombian group Afro Colombian.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 31 Dec 12:49

I would also add that Morelos is probably RC therefore every game he will hear the sectarian chants of his own fans.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 31 Dec 19:56

I see Ryan Christie has ridiculously been charged with grabbing Morelos by the, how do I put this, balls. I personally dont think it was intentional. Christie loses his footing and I don't think meant to grab Morelos by the, how do I put this, ghoulies. I don't think many men would go into an encounter, with multiple cameras watching, with the deliberate notion of latching onto an opponents, how do I put this, family jewels.
Celtic say they will appeal and surely if common sense is used they will be successful.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 31 Dec 20:09

My mouse at at my work was the famous picture of Vinnie Jones grabbing Gazzas.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 31 Dec 20:13

A good point but I reckon Jones and Christie are very much two different types of character. Besides there could be no doubt of Jones intentions when grabbed Gazza by the, how do I put this, cajones.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net