DAFC.net
Home 01 June 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Euan Murray
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 20:53

Played in a bounce game at EEP today according to Club Twitter feed.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Euan Murray
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 21:05

Great news a positive at last

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 21:26

Is he a natural left sided centre half ? I know a Rovers fan who rates him highly although those he also told me Nibet was a cart horse . Opinions and all that .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 21:50

He played the first few games of the season on the left side of defence. Looked pretty solid against Dundee. Also means Lewis can move to left back (his strongest position). Alongside Ashcroft and with Comrie at right back we'd be pretty solid.......still need an experienced keeper.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 22:10

Dunfermline will be a different proposition with a back four of Comrie Ashcroft Murray and Martin.

With a new experienced goalkeeper behind them,of course.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Mon 30 Dec 23:27

I think we’ll get a keeper in January on loan. There’s bound to be reasonable keepers in the prem not getting a game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 16:18

hopefully he's ready to make the bench in the coming weeks then he shouldnt have many problem getting back in the first 11. We've sold a number of goals recently and he's the vocal organiser we need in there, defo next captain material.

Damn right Kebab, we don't need a good keeper, even a reasonable one would make a considerable improvement.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 02:09

Not a big fan of slagging off keepers. After all in order to get a ball past the keeper you have to get it past or around the other 10 players first. It's their job to protect the keeper and it's difficult if they fail to stop or close down their opponent.

Post Edited (Sat 04 Jan 02:10)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 08:30

That’s maybe true in open play movie but the keepers we currently have are not commanding their area on free kicks or crosses so one good punt and we’re struggling.

A good keeper can install confidence in the defence. Our defence are under constant pressure now as any shot on target feels like it will prob result in a goal.

No idea what happened to Scully between his first stint here and now. Gill looks raw and needs games but our current level is a bit high for him to gain ‘experience’.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 08:37

Both of our current keepers have had several chances to nail down the position and sadly both have come short of the required standard

It really is blatantly obvious that the priority must be to bring in an experienced no 1 to install a bit of confidence in our defence

Gill needs to go out on loan and gain experience. yes I agree we need to protect our keeper however let’s have a keeper to protect
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 10:19

To say 'any shot on target will probably result in a goal' is a bit unfair. Scully has shown himself to be a decent shot-stopper during both stints here. The boy gets enough criticism on here without adding unjustified stuff.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 10:49

I thought when Gill was dropped last time he didn't really deserve to be.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 13:06

it was right that Scully came back in after his concussion imo.

"I think we’ll get a keeper in January on loan. There’s bound to be reasonable keepers in the prem not getting a game"

not from Scotland we wont unless we lose one of Cochrane, McDonald or Kiltie now after Ross signing yesterday. as for keepers, they might not be getting a game but that doesn't mean they are available and even if they are that we could afford them.

dangerous move but im going to go back to the reason for the thread, good that Murray is on the way back which adds another option although today will be too early for a first team comeback you would think. presume Devine if fit will come back in for Edwards

"Also means Lewis can move to left back (his strongest position)"

it is although Murray can play there as well and Martin's form needs to improve imo.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 13:41

Martin's best position is not left back. He is right footed, so would be better on the right. This is evident when in advanced positions on the left.

Devine was limping last week in the stand.

I'd say Murray is best of the signings this summer. Will be good to have him back soon

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 13:51

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sat 4 Jan 13:41

Martin's best position is not left back. He is right footed, so would be better on the right. This is evident when in advanced positions on the left.

Devine was limping last week in the stand.

I'd say Murray is best of the signings this summer. Will be good to have him back soon

I'd say Lewis has played far more successful games for us at left back than any other position so I'd argue it's his best position.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Murchadh  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 13:53

Looks like he is starting today.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 13:59

Where have you seen that?

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 14:02

His top hanging up on the clubs snap chat
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 14:02

The dafc Snapchat is showing his shirt hanging up alongside Ashcroft’s and Thomson’s. Will be interesting to see how he gets on if so.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 14:04

he might be...but the dressing room shot which they do most weeks, the shirts are simply in squad number order and also there are 20 of them up...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 14:07

True, at least he is back in the squad. Lang’s up as well apparently, would expect to see one of them start.

Post Edited (Sat 04 Jan 14:08)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net