DAFC.net
Home 19 January 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Andy Ryan
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Thu 2 Jan 22:09

What on earth is happening with him? - in his message today Stevie states he was fit on Saturday but didn’t make the bench as he wanted to pick the strongest bench possible - does Stevie seriously consider Gabby McGill a better option up front than Andy Ryan?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Andy Ryan
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Thu 2 Jan 22:24

I rate the guy but for whatever reason it's just not happened for him here. Every time he has got a goal or two he has never kicked on or went on a run of form. Barring a big upturn in form he will be away in the summer.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Thu 2 Jan 22:59

Been a decent impact sub this season. Useless when he’s started, but looked decent off the bench. To claim McGill is a better option is mental. He’s been terrible whenever I’ve seen him play.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Thu 2 Jan 23:19

If Crawford ever decides to play a 4-4-2 formation with Nisbet and Ryan up front together it may work.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Thu 2 Jan 23:33

SC also mentioned man management and certain individuals.

In all fairness if I’m Andy Ryan I’d be pi55ed that McGill is chosen (for a bench spot) before me, what has McGill shown ? He’ll also know why McGill is here .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 03:50

There has to be something else going on with Andy Ryan. There's no way that he would be behind McGill in the pecking order at any club. Incidentally, how the heck did McGill get the No.9 jersey? What was that all about?

Ryan has been played up top on his own, alongside pretty much every attacking option we have had these past three seasons and nothing seems to have worked out for him. At the start of this season, he looked a new man - fit and raring to go. He played a really effective role against Celtic and then, well, that was it...

I think for his own good, the lad needs a change of club, sooner rather than later.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 06:36

I agree OzPar - Stevie also suggested that some players may be knocking on his door and asking away as they aren’t playing as much as they’d like and he may be amenable to this in certain cases - I may be adding 2 and 2 and getting 5 but feels like there may have been a falling out- I’d be sorry to see him go but he probably needs a fresh start to invigorate his career.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 06:56

Must be other factors...if not...utterly clueless management.
Ryan hasn't been brilliant but McGill is a rugby player.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 07:32

“Brilliant” is a bit of a stretch 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 08:02

On Saturday 750 fans attended who are not there normally.It was the first time in four months the attendance was higher than in the previous game.

After the previous litany of Crawford disasters v Edinburgh City,Alloa,Stranraer,Arbroath etc people were paying hard earned cash to watch this naive wretched performance.

At the time we accepted that striker Andy Ryan was unavailable.To learn that he was not selected when McGill and McCann made the bench has me despairing.

However,don't worry.Stevie has made it very clear that players should not fear schoolboy howlers one would see in the public park on a Sunday afternoon.So that is okay then.Ryan Scully can sleep at night.

After tomorrow Dunfermline do not have a Saturday Home match in 8 Long weeks.Some will get out of the habit of attending.It is the anniversary of Allan Johnston and Sandy Clark being jettisoned.

A year in which all the credit Stevie amassed as a player has been used up.Though he is disappointed.......
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 09:36

As mentioned on here the McGill deal was fulfilling a favour Jackie owed a director at York. It’s rotten to the core that one and you can tell on the rare occasions McGill gets anywhere near the grass.

I’m sure ryan will be leaving at end of the season and will step down a level and start to score again but mid table championship has proved too much for him.

EEP we can’t really play a 442 with paton in the team as it then means we lose the midfield with only one player in the middle. It would be interesting to try a 442 with joe and tom in there but we don’t really have any natural wingers or pace in the squad so would prob still lack width but at least we would compete in the middle.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 09:48

were does Middlesbrough offering McGill a new contract before the summer come into this "favour"?

thought it was just defeats that saw a huge over reaction but apparently not, not the first time a player has been left out for a different player for footballing reasons this season and wont be the last.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 10:03

Mo Hutton would be a better option than Gabby Mcgill up front , much as I'm not an Andy Ryan fan the Macnamara deals stink

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 10:07

Whether you are Manager of Fort William or Barcelona: the bottom line is the paying public expect a Manager to field the strongest team available.

Unbelievable Jeff!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 10:27

Topic Originator: GJS93 like | nolike - 1
Date: Fri 3 Jan 09:48

were does Middlesbrough offering McGill a new contract before the summer come into this "favour"?

Regardless of the lads ability, of the thousands of players registered in England do you genuinely think its just coincidence that he's here ?

Berkey is spot on here, this one stinks and I'm surprised that there hasn't been more dissatisfaction among fans.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 10:32

Is that the team you think is the strongest, SP, or the one the guy sitting next to you thinks is the strongest? Was anyone really expecting Andy Ryan to start on Saturday? I must admit his absence from the bench passed me by. It's well-known though that a player's reputation soars when he misses a game or two. He's had the opportunity to cement a position under two different managers and hasn't shown the consistency to do so.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 10:49

Could someone with the 'inside track' give us chapter and verse on all the Macnamara deals please so we can decide for ourselves if they all 'stink'?

Whilst Gabby McGill isn't ready for first-team football he has been a regular scorer for the reserves so I wouldn't say he was a complete write-off. He wouldn't be the first young player to fail to fulfil early promise.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 10:56

Maybe, just maybe, Stevie has decided Ryan isn't good enough and wants to offload him this month?

If that's the case, no point in having him sitting on the bench if he has no intention of playing him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ReturningParsFan  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 10:57

I try to avoid any threads which slag individual players, but I really do think it's very unfair to be criticising a young guy just because (it seems) he was signed as a favour. I don't know and don't care how near or far this is from the truth, but to use Andy Ryan's non-selection last week as a stick to beat Gabby McGill is ridiculous. He may well not be good enough for Championship football, but he wouldn't be the first player to be signed (by us or by anybody else) who didn't make the grade. Didn't both Kevin Nisbet and Lawrence Shankland (no less) fail at their first clubs ???
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 11:04

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 3 Jan 10:49

Could someone with the 'inside track' give us chapter and verse on all the Macnamara deals please so we can decide for ourselves if they all 'stink'?

Whilst Gabby McGill isn't ready for first-team football he has been a regular scorer for the reserves so I wouldn't say he was a complete write-off. He wouldn't be the first young player to fail to fulfil early promise.

McGill's dad is York City chairman. Can join up the dots from there ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 11:49

OK, that's one deal you say 'stinks'. ReturningPrasFan states another point of view. gordi-b says ''the Macnamara deals stink''. Where's the evidence?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 11:55

Striker is arguably already a problem area - if Ryan heads back to Airdrie as suggested on twitter then surely Smith returns and maybe some sort of deal for Callum Gallagher might be on the table?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 12:07

I believe Middlesbrough paid a fee to sign McGill not that long ago and also offered him a new contract at the end of last season? Given their expertise in their Academy and youth development I’ll choose to believe McGill has potential. He might not have shown it yet but he’s hardly exactly had much of a chance has he?

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 12:18

Quote:

TAFKA_Super_Petrie, Fri 3 Jan 11:04

Quote:

No you can't. It says nothing. Say something worth hearing or stop gossiping like fishwives.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 12:21

Quote:

TAFKA_Super_Petrie, Fri 3 Jan 11:04

Quote:

I hear echoes of "Clark only gets a game because his dad is AJ's assistant."

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsbilly  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 12:23

irony right there
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 12:23

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 3 Jan 11:49

OK, that's one deal you say 'stinks'. ReturningPrasFan states another point of view. gordi-b says ''the Macnamara deals stink''. Where's the evidence?

I didn't suggest it stunk to be fair. Only seen him two, maybe three times in brief appearences and my impression was he looked absolutely miles off the pace physically and totally unfit; not seen enough of him besides that to form much of an opinion ability wise.

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 12:50

Mcgills Dad was Chairman at York when Mcnamara was manager.
Mcnamara got them relegated two seasons in a row and amazingly kept his job much to the displeasure of the York fans.
When eventually he did lose the managers role he was moved upstairs as Chief executive.
Finally when the Supporters Trust voted against Mcgills company taking over the club both Mcgill and McNamara resigned.

Now if you dont see a conflict of interests here you really need to get the blinkers off.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 12:57

Nothing to do with the lads footballing ability but Gabby McGill sat at our table at the recent PST fundraiser and what a really nice young man he was, very mannerable, respectfull and pleasant to speak to

He spent much of the evening engaged in conversation with Roy Barry who was giving some guidance and advice

I came away hoping that he would fulfil his potential and go on to become a first team regular
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 13:01

“ If Crawford ever decides to play a 4-4-2 formation with Nisbet and Ryan up front together it may work.”

We tried this system earlier in the season. Ryan looked useless and then we switched to this 4-3-3 and Nisbet has looked much better.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 13:05

Some of our beat results and performances have been with Ryan starting.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 13:10

I know nothing of the affairs of York City FC but according to wikipedia and the club's own website Jason McGill is still chairman and his company owns 75% of the club's shares so I don't know how that squares with your account of what happened, Wsk.

Are you saying we shouldn't have offered Gabby a contract simply because Jackie knew his dad, regardless of the fact that he had graduated from Middlesbrough's academy? Where do you draw the line in deciding to offer contracts to friends or families of 'contacts'? An awful lot of transfers originate from these sources.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 13:13

Topic Originator: 1970par like | nolike
Date: Fri 3 Jan 12:57

Nothing to do with the lads footballing ability but Gabby McGill sat at our table at the recent PST fundraiser and what a really nice young man he was, very mannerable, respectfull and pleasant to speak to

He spent much of the evening engaged in conversation with Roy Barry who was giving some guidance and advice

I came away hoping that he would fulfil his potential and go on to become a first team regular

It might turn out that he has ability and be good business for the club but the 2 year deal given to him and Bowman (at a time when 2 year deals were scarce and the chairman was pleading poverty) were extremely risky.
Particularly given the Falkirk experiment where they signed several Under 23 players from English clubs who were quite frankly useless. Given the history between JM and Macgills father it certainly raises questions.
From what I've seen both are short of the standard required just now to get into the 1st team.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 13:20

Topic Originator: wee eck like | nolike
Date: Fri 3 Jan 13:10

-"I know nothing of the affairs of York City FC but according to wikipedia and the club's own website Jason McGill is still chairman and his company owns 75% of the club's shares so I don't know how that squares with your account of what happened, Wsk".

As I understand it he left with Mcnamara in March of 2018 putting his shares up for sale, the board realising they couldnt survive with his financial backing asked him to come back in May

-"Are you saying we shouldn't have offered Gabby a contract simply because Jackie knew his dad, regardless of the fact that he had graduated from Middlesbrough's academy? Where do you draw the line in deciding to offer contracts to friends or families of 'contacts'? An awful lot of transfers originate from these sources".

I'm saying he was offered a contract simply because McNamara knew his Dad.

Post Edited (Fri 03 Jan 13:21)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 13:24

Quote:

P, Fri 3 Jan 07:32

“Brilliant” is a bit of a stretch 😂

Hasn't....you could try reading ;)

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 13:26

I don't see how you could possibly know that for a fact, Wsk, given the boy had been in the Middlesbrough academy. It wasn't as if he was plucked from nowhere. Wasn't he one of the youngsters who spent some time up here before he signed?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 13:35

wee eck wrote:

> I don't see how you could possibly know that for a fact, Wsk,
> given the boy had been in the Middlesbrough academy. It wasn't
> as if he was plucked from nowhere. Wasn't he one of the
> youngsters who spent some time up here before he signed?

Wasnt McNamara appointed in January ?

In the top 6 tiers of English football there is maybe 140 teams say each team has squads (inc academies) of 40 ( some will have 60 or more ) thats 5600 players and we just happen to have invited McGill, naive Eck.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 13:46

It's unbelievable that some of you think we sign players only because someone at the club knows their dad.

Are you honestly that stupid?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Fri 03 Jan 13:46)
[IP address logged]

It's you who are naive if you think we have the resources to monitor over 5,000 graduates from English clubs' academies!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  

but as a consultant JM can make a recommendation...doesnt mean this needs to be followed through on.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 13:54

Andy Ryan could have made a difference on Saturday as he usually looks more dangerous when coming off the bench. Madness if he was dropped for McGill. He hasn’t been the main striker I thought he would be but he is a decent player on his day.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 13:56

Topic Originator: wee eck like | nolike
Date: Fri 3 Jan 13:46

It's you who are naive if you think we have the resources to monitor over 5,000 graduates from English clubs' academies!

So how did we get to Mcgill ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 14:06

''So how did we get to Mcgill ?''

Doesn't it make sense to concentrate on clubs in the North of England? As PuP says, Macnamara may have recommended him but someone else would have to make the decision to sign him. This is Much Ado About Nothing as far as I can see.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 14:36

I did not start the thread to have a go at Gabby McGill - I just found it perplexing that at the current time he was on the bench ahead of Andy Ryan and wondered if there was more to it - it may very well be that Andy is leaving for pastures new in which case I understand why he was left out - if so he leaves with my best wishes as I always liked him.

As for McGill - he is a young boy who hopefully will improve but from what I have seen is somewhat short of what we need in the first team at the current time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 14:43

Maybe there's stuff going on that you absolute plooms on here no nothing about?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 14:45

How many minutes of first team football has McGill played for us?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 14:49

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Fri 3 Jan 14:45

Does it matter? Would you play him rather than Kiltie Nisbet or Dow?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 15:31

Never understood how Andy Ryan went from being the top scorer anywhere in Scotland to doing not a lot for us. Am I not right in saying that when he's started, he's been played in behind or out wide rather than an out and out striker under Crawford?

I'd say there's been a few cases of Crawford playing people out of position recently and constantly playing weird formations. Turner and Ryan are two players who come to mind that have born the brunt of dodgy management.

Under AJ, Clark was definitely given far too much grace and I'd stand by that statement.

Honestly reckon that a front two of Ryan and Nisbet could be cracking given a chance and if given proper service from the wings.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 15:45

wait... does Mcgill have a 2 year deal?

Who told you Middlesborough had offered McGill a contract? Wasn't Jackie was it? He wouldn't be here if they did, think about it.

McGill and Coley have been woefully short of the required standard hence why they are not even getting 10 minutes here and there. they are essentially just seat fillers. The flip side was then what was the point in bringing Jackie in if all he was going to offer up was his own haddies who needed somewhere to be.

That's a huge conflict of interest. Jackie might as well be touting himself to youngsters who are out of contract this season promising them a place on the Dunfermline bench if he cant get them anything else.

We've cut our cloth accordingly this season with a much reduced squad size etc, it serves no one apart from Jackie to have his players warming the bench at best when there's pretty much no chance these guys are going to break into our team.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 16:37

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 3 Jan 14:49

Quote:

No, but I'm wondering what the basis is for completely writing the lad off.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 16:43

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Fri 3 Jan 16:37

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 3 Jan 14:49

Quote:

No, but I'm wondering what the basis is for completely writing the lad off.

I'm not in the slightest

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 17:03

"Who told you Middlesborough had offered McGill a contract? Wasn't Jackie was it?"

was on the Middlesbrough official website a few weeks before he moved here.

"He wouldn't be here if they did, think about it"

their offer was to continue in the u18s/23s, coming here game him a chance to be in and around first team football which he saw as a better opportunity to develop.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 18:28

Berkey you really do live in a wee world of your own don't you?

It hasn't even crossed your mind that this (and the loan of Coley) might just be the start of an attempt to build relationships with clubs much bigger than ours in the hope we unearth a wee gem that helps us out even in the short term. Look how well Patrick Roberts did for Celtic over a couple of seasons. Yeah he hasn't made the grade at City yet but look at what he's up against!

Try and look at the bigger picture than just toeing the party line that this is all to benefit big bad Jackie's pension pot. It's not making you look very clever

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 18:47

Josh Coley started off really well. He was superb against St Mirren and Dundee at the start of the season. Went off boil and is now injured but think it’s harsh to say he is “woefully below standard”.

McGill I don’t think has really had a chance to prove himself, but it’s not looking great. But then he is scoring in reserves so maybe a case of getting up to speed.

Andy Ryan though I’m afraid for me can leave. He has been overall well below expectations and simply hasn’t kicked on. For his whining in previous interviews last year about chances, he’s had plenty and simply has not contributed. He has underperformed and should move on or be moved on for both parties benefit.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 19:56

There’s da no 1.

So what your saying is we should put any old dross on the park in an effort to endear ourselves to their parent club?

These guys all have links to York city and Jackie, this is not an attempt at improving relations with other clubs, this is an attempt to get jackies boys in the shop window or in some cases just getting a club. I wouldn’t mind this so much if they were good players who improved the team but it’s been the opposite, these guys have made the squad worse and are rarely trusted to even get on the park! They are at a level where we should be loaning them out to cowden etc.

We are currently paying Jackie to make us worse! I hope his deal with us gets reviewed every season that for sure.

Not looking clever you say?

Post Edited (Fri 03 Jan 20:00)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 20:01

Berkey you can't be serious. Noone is this stupid. So just for you here we go.

I refuse to believe we as a football club are allowing Jackie McNamara to have sole control over who we sign.

Post Edited (Fri 03 Jan 20:04)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 20:21

Patrick Roberts was a £12m player and represented England at every youth level all the way up from schoolboys to U21 when Celtic got him so not really a good example but i get where you are coming from.

Coley looked raw the same way El Bak did, in terms of game intelligence / decision making and general positional play particularly when not in possession. Might be a player in there somewhere though as has all the physical attributes.

Ryan i thought was coming back like a new signing based on that performance against St Mirren in the cup, he was brilliant first half in particular but seems to have faded away again. Shame as i always thought he is/was half decent for this level.

Post Edited (Fri 03 Jan 20:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 21:14

He's a good example of a young loan player who can improve a team, that was the only point I was trying to make.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 21:30

Tafka we were in the seaside league so faz had a bit more time to come good and in his 1 good season we had signed some good championship players so were pretty dominant in most games against part time and much weaker opposition although faz scored some cracking goals he didn’t have the fundamentals to succeed any higher up the football pyramid and is on his way back there. We’ve since seen the gulf between mid table championship and the seaside league, Andy Ryan another example of that gulf..

Your right da no 1, Jackie won’t be solely responsible for our signing policy but I seriously doubt we would have brought in coley or McGill if he wasn’t here so will have been very influential in getting them in.

Young loan players can improve a team but they have to be good enough to play at the level they are going to or better than the players in that team already or as you can see they end up having a season where they do well to make the bench and are not trusted to get on the park.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 22:04

You don't know what his role is, do you?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Fri 3 Jan 22:06

Sadly Andy Ryan is just simply not good enough, really should be moved on as we desperately need to strengthen upfront
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 00:04

Very disappointed with ryan.Expected a lot more from him.He seems to lack confidence.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 08:09

Quote:

twin par, Sat 4 Jan 00:04

Very disappointed with ryan.Expected a lot more from him.He seems to lack confidence.

If he reads half the p--h on here aboit him his confidence will be gone for sure
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 08:19

Aye rigger he was slated from the start eh.....

He’s had loads of chances and has proved to just not be good enough.

I men that miss against falkirk......

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 08:32

How much did we pay for him ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 09:46

If I'm correct he scored 2 goals in his first game. Then he had the training of Sandy Clark and Alan Johnson to cope with!

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 10:04

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Sat 4 Jan 09:46

If I'm correct he scored 2 goals in his first game. Then he had the training of Sandy Clark and Alan Johnson to cope with!

Aye against Arbroath in the Challenge Cup. Sure we signed him earlier that day and he looked different class that night. He has never really kicked on since.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 10:57

£100,000 is the rumoured figure
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 11:04

He’s not good enough. Rumoured to be going back to Airdrie according to their fans on pie n bovril.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 11:14

Quote:

parsfan97, Sat 4 Jan 10:57

£100,000 is the rumoured figure

Absolute b0ll0cks!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 11:16

da_no_1 wrote:

>
Quote:

>
> £100,000 is the rumoured figure

>
> Absolute b0ll0cks!
>
>

What is it then ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 11:22

Hippolyte being preferred up front would ruin anybody's confidence.He's only started 23 games in 2 and a half years-probably no more than 2 or 3 in a row -scoring 13 goals.Anybody's confidence would suffer in that situation.He's still the second best striker at the club imo and the last game he started was the 5-1 win over Partick.I think he's only played 90 mins in the league twice this season apart from that and once was at Tannadice when I thought he was one of, if not our best player.Overall he has been disappointing but I wouldn't put the blame solely on him.

I'm surprised he has been left out in favour of McGill and McCann recently.Pure guess work but I know he signed a contract for a year with the option of another-I'm wondering if the extra year is triggered with him playing a certain number of games hence the reason he was left out.He has played a part in 19 games so far.

£100, 000 :)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 11:33

I think you may have nailed it there parathletic - 20 sounds like a likely number to trigger the extra year.

Interesting if you’re correct in these being the only 2 games he played 90 minutes - we were unlucky at Tannadice, once again let down by poor goalkeeping.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 11:36

IIRC, Ryan's transfer was funded by some of the revenue that we received from the Rangers cup game.

There were all sorts of suggestions at the time about how much we paid, but none seemed to carry any authority. It doesn't really matter now, anyway.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 11:38

I think it's down to him losing confidence with himself ,in the last game against partick I noticed it didn't matter how hard he tried to score his shots were blocked when it looked like he would score , other games he was snatching at shots ! Maybe if he had scored lately he would have got some confidence from this and kicked on
That being said he did score the winner against Ayr last time they were here
Some of mates from Airdrie rate him , just a shame he couldn't do it for us as there is a player in him
Whatever happens to him ! Leave / stay I wish him all the best
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 11:43

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Sat 4 Jan 11:16

da_no_1 wrote:

>
Quote:

>
> £100,000 is the rumoured figure

>
> Absolute b0ll0cks!
>

What is it then ?

Around 30k

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 11:47

<<Around 30k>>

How do you know?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 12:06

OzPar wrote:

> <<Around 30k>>
>
>
> How do you know?

He doesn't thats why he said "around". No one does because we have to accept the "undisclosed fee" nonsense.

This was the Airdrie word at the time ......

-The Club can confirm that Andy Ryan has signed for Dunfermline Athletic for an undisclosed fee.There had been a number of bids from several clubs over recent weeks, however none of these met the valuation of the Airdrieonians Board.
A revised offer was made on Sunday by Dunfermline and after due consideration the Board felt that it was in the interests of the Club to allow Dunfermline to speak to the player.
Andy had a medical late last night and the paperwork was completed to allow him to move to Dunfermline.
Chairman, Jim Ballantyne explained: "Whilst in the short term this is a blow, the deal on offer was at a level that could not be declined.
"We have to be honest and clubs at our level are 'selling' clubs and every player has a price. We are content that price was achieved."
He continued: "We now have the tough job of replacing him but sufficient resources will be made available to Gordon Dalziel to commence this process.
"I would like to thank Andy for his contribution and wish him well for the future."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 12:28

not involved today it looks like, thatll keep this thread going for a while then...

the Airdrie rumour has happened every transfer window since he signed here from their fans so that isn't a surprise.

"He's only started 23 games in 2 and a half years-probably no more than 2 or 3 in a row -scoring 13 goals"

usually because he would get a knock then be out the next game or longer plus last season he missed over half the season with injury.

Post Edited (Sat 04 Jan 13:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 13:18

And Ryan is absolutely woeful. That’s Falkirk miss has ended his career .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 13:48

Quote:

Pars Kebab, Sat 4 Jan 13:18

And Ryan is absolutely woeful. That’s Falkirk miss has ended his career .

More absolute b0ll0cks.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 14:58

Come on now GJS93, that's being a tad generous. When we bring him off the bench he often offers something different but even starting the next week he offers little. It's probably been frustrating for him but he seems to be a better sub than a starter.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 19:10

He'll sign for another club and get back to his pre Dunfermline best.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Jan 19:35

Your right, bit that club will be in the seaside league....coincidence?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 09:21

returning to Airdrie on loan for remainder of the season

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 09:31

being reported in the Daily Ranger as likely to happen to-day. If correct that leaves us woefully exposed up front.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 09:47

I await the arrival of another inexperienced player to replace him. Andy should not been going on loan.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 09:50

Wonder if Smith will come back from Airdrie in the case that Ryan does go there.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 09:59

Maybe frees up a wage to get a keeper in?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 10:08

Unbelievable. I actually feel sorry for Andy Ryan. Decent goal return but never given a prolonged run. Of course he’s constantly injured but he’s 10x the player Gabby McGill is.

Before what looks to be an imminent departure for Ryan we already needed another striker now we need 2.

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 10:13

Quote:

parsloyal98, Mon 6 Jan 10:08

Unbelievable. I actually feel sorry for Andy Ryan. Decent goal return but never given a prolonged run. Of course he’s constantly injured but he’s 10x the player Gabby McGill is.

Before what looks to be an imminent departure for Ryan we already needed another striker now we need 2.

3 if Nisbet is away to Hibs.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 11:32

"Topic Originator: da_no_1 like | nolike Like: 1 - 2
Date: Fri 3 Jan 14:43

Maybe there's stuff going on that you absolute plooms on here no nothing about?"

like this potential move happening...

he will need replaced in the squad which im sure they will do, maybe it will be "another inexperienced player" but that is what is available and affordable.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 11:34

Let's just see what happens before going into mass panic mode
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Scrimmers249  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 11:41

Maybe SC is going to register as a player for rest of the season
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 12:01

“ Before what looks to be an imminent departure for Ryan we already needed another striker now we need 2.”

Surely the reason we needed one is because Ryan wasn’t good enough? He worked well at times as an impact sub, but very rarely performed well when he started.

Started 7 league games this season, with no goals and 1 assist in those matches. He got that run of games after coming off the bench and scoring the winner v Ayr. Last season, he started 8 of the 13 games before his injury, scoring 2 goals and no assists. He was definitely more impactful as a substitute.

At his age, it seems likely that he’s unhappy at being deployed as an impact sub and wants to start games. Crawford can’t guarantee that and has probably agreed to allow him to leave, in order to keep him happy. That’s hardly terrible management, as people are making out. Ryan played a part in 11 of our first 14 league games and since he first got benched after a run in the team, seems to have disappeared. I’d suggest it seems likely he’s requested a move, as he wants to start most weeks.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 12:18

Link to the DR story.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/exclusive-airdrie-make-transfer-swoop-21222629

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 12:44

SC has stated if anyone is unhappy at the club he will allow them to move on ... Ryan is obviously not happy and therefore the best option is to let him leave. SC totally blanked the question in his post match interview lol
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 12:55

Geez, he never offered much but surely he a better option than another gamble on an untried youngster? We have to bring in an experienced striker and this week ideally. Stevie has so far signed Nesbit and McGill, we have to pray it’s another Nesbit he brings in!

We also absolutely have to keep Nesbit in this window and we have to keep him fit.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 13:47

Andy Ryan has been the recipient of p*** poor management during his time at DAFC. AJ gave Clark far too much grace and hardly gave him a chance. Now you have Crawford, who you'd think as a striker himself could actually get the best out of a player like Ryan. How can the top scorer anywhere in Scotland go from 20+ goals a season to doing virtually hee haw? The answer is poor management.

Crawford was already incompetent. If he is openly showing that by selecting McGill over Ryan, then the board are responsible. Not unsurprising, but just a damn shame!

I've never straight up felt so little confidence in a manager - Crawford has to go.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 13:50

hurricane_jimmy wrote:

> Andy Ryan has been the recipient of p*** poor management during
> his time at DAFC. AJ gave Clark far too much grace and hardly
> gave him a chance. Now you have Crawford, who you'd think as a
> striker himself could actually get the best out of a player
> like Ryan. How can the top scorer anywhere in Scotland go from
> 20+ goals a season to doing virtually hee haw? The answer is
> poor management.
>
> Crawford was already incompetent. If he is openly showing that
> by selecting McGill over Ryan, then the board are responsible.
> Not unsurprising, but just a damn shame!
>
> I've never straight up felt so little confidence in a manager -
> Crawford has to go.

I could never understand why we were in a position to pay money for a player only to manage him like he wasnt ready. Not only that he continued to experiment by playing him out wide now and again, not convinced he's up to this level but he's hardly had a fair crack and it's no wonder he's kinda peeved.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 13:59

I suspect if he goes back part time he can work and probably earn more than being a full time pro.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LesliePar  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 14:03

Serves him right for having two first names..

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: petrie_pants  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 14:11

This is a truly dreadful decision.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 14:19

What it does show is that we are having to stick with SC till the end of the year at least
The BOD would not let him do the transfer business if they were not going to keep him on
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 14:30

IF he does go...
He won't be the first player who hasn't managed to move up a league and continue to bang in the goals... And he won't be the last.
It's always a risk.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 14:43

The unfortunate fact is that Andy Ryan, Lewis McCann and Gabby McGill are all not good enough for championship football.

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Scrimmers249  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 14:50

the real unfortunate fact is SC is neither a manager nor a head coach. Taxi for Crawford
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 14:52

Agree with LesliePar.
Ryan isn’t good enough but problem we have is he’s a lot better than McCann and McGill from what I’ve seen of them
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 15:39

Agree RE Crawford for what it's worth, but given he has signed one player and is attempting to loan out another it is obvious he is here until the end of the season whether you like it or not.

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 15:42

Ryan's lack of progress is hardly down to SC. He didn't establish himself under AJ who signed him. I always thought he was a penalty-box striker and his days were numbered when we signed Nisbet. SC tried to get him to play as support striker but he doesn't have the touch or movement to succeed there. Kiltie does it better.

It's maybe a bit premature to write off McCann and McGill. Strikers develop at different rates. Who foresaw Shankland's success based on his League 1 form and didn't Partick write off Nisbet too soon?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 16:53

Andy never really recovered from that howler against Falkirk. The squad is now looking desperately thin. Crawford has his work cut out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 08:35

Ryan is sitting on 48 games for us ( I am sure I added up right??) Perhaps his original deal involved a Fee being paid when he made 50 appearances?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: preston par  
Date:   Thu 9 Jan 12:32

Confirmed on club twitter. We surely need to bring in a replacement now?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: