DAFC.net
Home 31 May 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Stick or twist
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 02:06

The board have an unenviable decision to make now in this window, and today the atmosphere at east end went from apathy to fairly poisonous, similar to the AJ sacking game. Sometimes it is just time for a change.

Before that button is pressed though, genuinely who are the prime candidates for the role? Accepting that current performance is well below demands is one thing, but who do we bring in?

Answers on a postcard because frankly I don’t see many candidates available that would definitely do a better job.

Like a good card player, the board now must decide whether to stick or twist...

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Stick or twist
Topic Originator: Scrimmers249  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 07:45

twist.... but as for who the replacement would be that is the big question
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 07:46

I think Petrie has to be in with a shout. Has worked wonders with Montrose. They started poorly but now he has them in the playoffs. He does have a well paid job away from football though...

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 08:09

Twist....Crawford has not improved us and the club is heading back to league one. Chairman should step aside as well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oapar  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 09:01

Who do you suggest for chairman? Honestly some people on here have absolutely NO idea about the work involved in running a club like ours within a strict budget.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 09:09

Twist.
Crawford will not improve those young players and his post match drivel is utterly off putting.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 09:15

When I read comments about wishing the Chairman and Board should step aside,words fail me.

Before posting this nonsense, please do some research into the extent to which our unpaid Directors work long hours and put their expertise at the disposal of the Club for no financial reward.

What other club has Directors who pay for their Season tickets?

What other Board works with such transparency?In years gone by I met and interviewed some of the previous ones.

If you contact Ross with a (courteous) concern,he will reply.

That said; I do not envy them the decision they must make now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 09:21

For the avoidance of doubt I do not want the chairman and board to step aside...just that they admit Crawford has not worked.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsbilly  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 09:38

if Ross McArthur was to step down, I don't think he should, who the hell would replace him?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 09:39

The board are just as much to blame for this situation as the management team as they picked this management team they went for the cheap option and it has failed without a doubt and they should be held to account over this
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 10:03

''...they went for the cheap option...''

Did they have an expensive option then?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 10:08

rossmcno1, I don't know who has told you that but the atmosphere wasn't "poisonous" yesterday, nowhere near. There was some booing and frustrated shouts, and a lot of apathy but it was nowhere near poisonous.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 10:15

Quote:

kelty_par, Sun 5 Jan 10:08

rossmcno1, I don't know who has told you that but the atmosphere wasn't "poisonous" yesterday, nowhere near. There was some booing and frustrated shouts, and a lot of apathy but it was nowhere near poisonous.

Apathy is the most poisonous, once that sets in fans are hard to get back..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimMcDAFC  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 10:35

Much as it pains me to say it but twist for me. I have lost a bit of faith in Stevie and I think some of the players have also. Although I thought we played fairly well first half yesterday but the second half was very very poor. We are not getting any breaks just now but that will swing around for us again but may not be enough to save us from the play offs. Worse case, imagine Falkirk beating us in the play offs and sending us down!. As another poster mentioned we need one or two old warhorses in midfield to give us some bite and ( encourage others to follow his/ their example) and they don't need to be that skilfully either just win most of their tackles and move it on to those that supposedly are more skillfull. But next manager,big ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 10:49

Kelty par. I was there. Til the bitter bitter end at the northwest. If that wasn’t poisonous then I don’t know what is..? It felt exactly like the Alloa game last season that saw AJ leave.

I note lots of posts saying twist, not many suggestions saying who should come in. Maybe illustrating the task ahead for the board to consider.....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 10:55

STICK
For now....

Betting we won't get promotion nor relegated but will have an uninspiring 6th, 7th or 8th place finish.

Start afresh in the new season.

DunfyDave

Post Edited (Sun 05 Jan 11:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 11:12

I thought we were starting afresh this season?

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 12:46

We did start afresh this season, but it simply hasn't worked. We could have went with many dot nutters favourite Ian McCall a couple of months ago and our team would have been in a worse state than they are now.
We put trust in our board, now we must let them make another choice about what happens next.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BlackLight  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 13:09

Stick.

The painful truth that Pars fans need to face up to is that SC is succeeding.

The plan was to reset the team with a greater focus on youth, but at much lower cost than before. I assume the budget is significantly reduced from last season, so that part of the plan is working. SC himself is part of this lower budget approach. Any replacement would also have to be low budget.

We have a squad capable of challenging for the top 4. It is a squad that's also capable of being dragged into the relegation battle.

SC seems to be able to identify problem areas in the team and he's clearly able to attract players with potential, like Ethan Ross.

He brought players in during the January window last year that did enough to keep us up. He cleared a lot of players out during the summer. A sensible board would definitely give him this January to freshen up the squad and tackle a couple of problem positions.

The current team lacks fight. Either SC needs to find a way to install that in the team or he needs to bring in players that naturally have that element in their game.

But, if I was on the board I'd definitely give him this window and at least the rest of the season to solve the problems.

Post Edited (Sun 05 Jan 13:12)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 13:54

Crawford is succeeding ??? 😂😂😂😂 That’s just not true is it ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 14:00

If this is what you call succeeding i would love to know what you would consider failing
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 14:37

This is crawfords team and he’s even had some money to spend on it and benefitted from being able to clear almost all the deadwood out in the summer

We haven’t improved at all and he hasn’t addressed enough of our problems from last season and at this point we are sinking like a stone.

I’d bite your hand off if we were offered 8th right now. Every team down the bottom has players who have been there before and know to fight for everything, we have a bunch that go into hiding the minute we go 1 down and a captain who helped his last team go the way we’re heading.....

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!

Post Edited (Sun 05 Jan 14:59)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 14:45

Quote:

BlackLight, Sun 5 Jan 13:09

Stick.

The painful truth that Pars fans need to face up to is that SC is succeeding.

The plan was to reset the team with a greater focus on youth, but at much lower cost than before. I assume the budget is significantly reduced from last season, so that part of the plan is working. SC himself is part of this lower budget approach. Any replacement would also have to be low budget.

We have a squad capable of challenging for the top 4. It is a squad that's also capable of being dragged into the relegation battle.

SC seems to be able to identify problem areas in the team and he's clearly able to attract players with potential, like Ethan Ross.

He brought players in during the January window last year that did enough to keep us up. He cleared a lot of players out during the summer. A sensible board would definitely give him this January to freshen up the squad and tackle a couple of problem positions.

The current team lacks fight. Either SC needs to find a way to install that in the team or he needs to bring in players that naturally have that element in their game.

But, if I was on the board I'd definitely give him this window and at least the rest of the season to solve the problems.

Hiya Stevie....hiya pal 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 15:06

Quote:

Pars Kebab, Sun 5 Jan 13:54

It is true whether you like it or not. The plan this year was to survive and brinf on some young players. That is happening and 5th challenging 3rd and 4th is better than we expected.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 15:12

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 5 Jan 15:06

Quote:

It is true whether you like it or not. The plan this year was to survive and brinf on some young players. That is happening and 5th challenging 3rd and 4th is better than we expected.

Who announced the plan was to just survive this year?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 15:15

Do you honestly think the board view Crawfords results as a success?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 16:12

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 5 Jan 15:06

Quote:

And how are those young players developing?
Much improved?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 16:14

I say give Crawford to the end of the season. With Murray back and hopefully a couple of players in in the window we are more likely to climb the table than drop down it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 16:31

Red star that’s not a given, espechailly if we lose kiltie and replace him with another untried young player.

Replacing coley, Cochran and McDonald won’t be too hard given they offered nothing but bench warming but replacing kiltie will be very hard what if he’s replaced with another coley or macdonald.....i’d be very worried.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 16:31

“It is true whether you like it or not. The plan this year was to survive and brinf on some young players. That is happening and 5th challenging 3rd and 4th is better than we expected.”

5th challenging 3rd & 4th, that’s not something we’re doing. Technically we’re joint 9th, fighting with 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th & 10th. That team that are a little behind in 10th turned up at East End last week and walked all over us, what did we do about it? Nothing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 16:36

If getting knocked out the cup by Stranraer and struggling against teams like Arbroath and Alloa is deemed a success then our standards have massively dropped. As for a new manager, I would have loved to get Ian McCall in when we had the chance but now I think Darren Young or Petrie would be decent appointments. Both are managers who are proven to have turned teams around and make them punch well above their weight.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net