DAFC.net
Home 26 May 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Now that the dust has settled...
Topic Originator: jdafc  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 10:29

It is pretty rare for me to come on here and start a thread, but yesterday was a
bit like the straw that broke this particular Camel's back.
I came down from Fraserburgh for the match, as always looking forward to my
day back home. I went back up the road last night thinking that I had just witnessed
the most gutless, spineless and clueless team wearing our colours in many a year.
A 300 mile round trip for that ...
I was chatting with the guys around me in the Norrie at half time and we all
agreed that there is a fair bit of talent in the squad, Turner was good yesterday
(substituted), Ross was not bad for a debutant (substituted) and Dow was obviously
not 100% (rightly substituted). Anyway, back on topic, we all thought that the
time was right for change. We should be doing better that we are with the players
we have. Certainly performing better. The biggest frustration about yesterday
was that the team went down without a whimper. There were players standing
watching Ayr's keeper wasting time every time he had the ball. Players watching
Ayr's back four passing the ball among themselves. There was no fight, no dig,
no urgency about the team and there was certainly no game plan that we could see.
I did my fair share of shouting, both in encouragement and in frustration and
the chorus of boos at the end was not surprising. (I didn't boo the team. Never have,
never will).
I don't claim to know how to sort the sorry mess out, but even to my eyes, there
has to be a change made.
The man in charge has to bear the full responsibility for the shambles we witnessed
on the pitch yesterday. He has to come out and explain why half the team were
more like spectators than players. Why the team didn't compete, didn't fight.
Why the team did exactly the same thing for pretty much the whole second half,
namely simply give the ball away with the high punt.
There are some decent FOOTBALL players at the club. Give them a chance to play
the game on the grass.
I know I'm not the only frustrated Pars fan this morning, but in all honesty I
can't see any alternative than to try someone new at the helm. It gives me
absolutely no pleasure to say this as I always want everyone associated
with the club to do well, but it is simply not good enough now.
We need a man-manager. A motivator. Someone who will send the team out
onto the pitch full of spirit and swagger.
I don't have any names to put forward before anyone asks, but I do have
one name we should avoid at all costs ... Stephen Crawford.
Sincere apologies for my rant.

Always a Par

JD
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Now that the dust has settled...
Topic Originator: JimMcDAFC  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 10:43

Great post JDafc agree with most of your comments it's quite demoralising supporting the Pars just now but we just got to hang in there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 12:03

We have a motivator at the club, Jim Leishman. However, I would doubt if he would want to take charge once again.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 12:44

Fully agree with this.

Where’s the player in that team who is not afraid to leave his foot in on their best player to quieten him or get revenge for an earlier challenge on one of our young boys like talbot used to. They were all running scared of geggan. Spent my younger days watching Petrie kicking everything going from the NW but with no shortage of talent to create and score goals too, if anything the opposition knew they had been on a game and had to fight for the points.

Turner the only one who seems to even have an edge. There’s zero game intelligence in the squad to even commit the smart foul to stop the opposition when on the break. Every other team uses these attributes to get an advantage while we suffer from our complete naivety.

I struggle to see anyone on the park with any character to lead the team and drove them on, if a young boy sh1tes out of a challenge who’s berating them to make sure next time the are fully committed?

Teams must love coming to east end. Freedom of the midfield and you won’t be challenged or tackled all game. Players just going through the motions just now.

Time for stevie to go, must be a few managers out there who would take the job on, plenty potential at this club.

First goal goes against us and it’s game over, stevie has not instilled the correct attributes in the team.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 13:08

How did you account for 5 home wins in a row, Berkey?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 13:10

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 5 Jan 13:08

How did you account for 5 home wins in a row, Berkey?

Jesus actual **** He can't dine out on last year's results....are you for real?

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 13:12

We have won five in a row at home this season, Rasta. Where have you been?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 13:17

It’s okay rasta. Wee eck just follows every post trying to prove me wrong rather than looking at the obvious.

5 home wins in a row and we’re now only 3 points off the relegation playoffs and teams below us with a game in hand but let’s ignore the current run or all the other poor results that’s left us looking over our shoulder....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 13:24

I was querying your contention that 'teams must love coming to east end'. Berkey. Nothing is ever as straightforward as you seem to think it is.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 13:24

Now that the dust has settled SC and co still have got to go
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 13:41

5 wins this year last year........Irrelevant.

We have lost the last 4 games.........That's the salient point.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 13:43

The happy clappers are infuriating on here. Absolutely clueless when it comes to football . We could be sitting bottom of league 2 and they still turn up on here abusing fellow pars fans for having the audacity to call the club out .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jose_Mourinho  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 13:51

Whatever win we have or wee run we go on just papers over the cracks that need fixed and SC isnt the man to fix them
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 13:54

The past calendar year SC won 12 games for the whole year, if that was any other club he’d be sacked that’s absolutely shocking
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 13:55

Anybody who has watched the last four defeats surely can,t have anything positive to say about the playing side of the club , most of us were prepared to give SC a chance it failed badly last season and has gone from bad to worse this season , i think the appointment of his assistant was probably a reason for people to question his judgement or perhaps lack of it.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 13:58

Jason Dair needed a job and Craw is his best pal.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 14:09

I thought he gave up a good job outside football? I don't know anything about Jason Dair's credentials as a coach but I hate all this football snobbery that suggests he must be rotten because he came from Dundonald Bluebell.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 14:19

Or maybe wee eck someone who has only coached at Oakley United, Cowdenbeath and Dundonald Bluebell is hardly a guy to help out an inexperienced manager. Should’ve went for someone like jimmy Nicholl or someone like that with a wealth of experience
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 15:08

Quote:

parsfan97, Sun 5 Jan 14:19

Or maybe wee eck someone who has only coached at Oakley United, Cowdenbeath and Dundonald Bluebell is hardly a guy to help out an inexperienced manager. Should’ve went for someone like jimmy Nicholl or someone like that with a wealth of experience

Im sure they would have if you paid his salary.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 15:09

Yep 3 from relegation playoffs ....And how many points from 4th? Always negative.

Post Edited (Sun 05 Jan 15:10)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsbilly  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 15:23

It will be a year this week since Crawford took over, improved in that time?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 15:38

Results have been absolutely abysmal under Crawford. The particular low lights were the gubbing off the Rovers and the Stranraer debacle. Something is clearly not right at our club. When utter jobbers like Alloa and Ayr Utd can turn up at EEP and take away 3 points with minimum effort then there is clearly an issue. Perhaps something is going on behind the scenes. The last 4 games the players have looked done in quite frankly.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alecm  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 15:48

The Pars have played well for first 20 mins in 2 recent home games but have folded after going behind. Note: the Ayr United tv highlights show Dow's reluctance to take on an empty net and Geggan's haymaker also the lead-up to Ayr's goal. Here's hoping Dunfermline can put together a couple of results. At the moment performances aren't value for admission money and home support is pretty muted ..watching games is tough. Only one more home game in next 8 weeks and that's on tv ! 50/50 if I should go and put myself through the mill.

A.M.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 20:09

Quote:

Pars Kebab, Sun 5 Jan 15:38

Results have been absolutely abysmal under Crawford. The particular low lights were the gubbing off the Rovers and the Stranraer debacle. Something is clearly not right at our club. When utter jobbers like Alloa and Ayr Utd can turn up at EEP and take away 3 points with minimum effort then there is clearly an issue. Perhaps something is going on behind the scenes. The last 4 games the players have looked done in quite frankly.

Ayr have rarely been lower than 3rd for two seasons. Utter Jobbers ok!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 21:24

Honestly you can’t have a failed East Fife Manager bringing in his pal from Dundonald who he was brutal with and take advice of a scouting company to bring in young players in a league that is challenging.
Where the fek is the chairman’s comments now...?
The whole set up is brutal imo.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 21:31

I don’t think SC will be leaving anytime soon, apart from the contractual obligations we simply don’t have the resources for a replacement; besides, there was a clear emphasis that DAFC were not likely (nor able) to sign players from the market and that a deliberate decision was that we would look to develop younger players - something I personally like the sound of, fwiw. On that basis there was a pretty clear expectation that this would be a season of pronounced “highs” and “lows” - so I doubt the board have any sort of justification in looking to question SC’s performance. We’re mid-table halfway through the season.

Can’t argue with the general criticisms of recent performances, I’ve witnessed them first hand. But, mid-table halfway through the season; I think quite a lot of fans would have settled for that at the beginning of the season, particularly given the way last season results went towards the end.

My own biggest concern is that we are not developing ‘as a team’; that in the next few weeks wholesale changes might descend and that we’ll lose key players (possibly Nesbit & Kiltie spring to my own mind) either during the transfer window or by other clubs recalling players we have ‘on loan’.

Now last year I entered my 7th decade, so maybe that’s why I think that football teams should be “teams”, not just a dozen or so blokes wearing the same kit for a season. I also get the whole “on loan” shenanigans, but I don’t need to like it. So who is Cammy Smith’s “team”? Likewise, the players we have from Kilmarnock, Norwich, Hearts or Aberdeen?

I appreciate there are a lot of variables; from finances and contracts to injuries and suspensions - what we haven’t seen so far this season though is consistency, and I don’t reckon that we’ll see that if my concerns about the revolving door on the dressing room are realised.

I just have this uncomfortable feeling that we’re becoming less of a football team and more of a shop window and it doesn’t sit well with me. ‘Business’ has spoilt ‘the beautiful game’.

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 07:12

Good post, Gadgie.

What I don't get is how the team often starts playing good passing football and then, if they fall behind, resort to the long ball and some fans blame Crawford for it.

Surely that's down to the players looking for a quick way back into the game? I can't believe the manager actually instructs the team to switch to playing that way.

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting that we should all be happy and accepting of recent results and performances, because clearly they've not been nearly good enough.

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Mon 06 Jan 07:13)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 07:29

The team are not fit enough to last 90 minutes, surprised that doesn't get brought up more.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 10:23

Having been at three of the last four games my impression was that the confidence had taken a big dent. We pressed Ayr Utd from the start and had several good chances.Up front the midfield looked for Nisbet all the time and he looked leg weary and very unlikely to score. He should have knocked in the one that hit the post and scored when he was clean through.If the forwards are passing up chances it puts pressure on the defence and they are very jittery from the previous three games. I thought our best two players were Paton and Turner. What disappointed me most was the fact that at 1-0 down with 45 minutes to play we didn't hit them with everything we had. Maybe they don't care enough. It would be better to lose two or three nil than not have a go.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 12:13

"We have lost the last 4 games.........That's the salient point."

Did we not go 7 on the bounce without a win under Calderwood and the board decision was a new deal? Good job we didint have your footballing expertise in charge of things.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsbilly  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 14:23

identical circumstances right enough
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 19:51

Calderwood has a proven track record in Holland.

Crawford has a proven track record or pihs at east fife.

It’s the equivalent of Dumbarton sacking their manger after a p*** poor first season in management and us giving him our top job! If he wasn’t a local boy and living off his glory days in our first team we wouldn’t have looked twice.

The odds of him making a success of it were stacked against him from the start. He reduced them further by appointing his best buddy Dair as his assistant and signing players recommended by those with ulterior motives.

The only thing he’s got right for me has been Nesbit and it’s the only thing that keeps his head above water. The rest have been bang average at best.

Post Edited (Mon 06 Jan 20:32)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 22:27

What about Comrie, Murray and Dow to name three? I would say they were all an improvement on what we had last season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 22:33

Quote:

Berkey, Mon 6 Jan 19:51

It’s the equivalent of Dumbarton sacking their manger after a p*** poor first season in management and us giving him our top job! If he wasn’t a local boy and living off his glory days in our first team we wouldn’t have looked twice.

The odds of him making a success of it were stacked against him from the start. He reduced them further by appointing his best buddy Dair as his assistant and signing players recommended by those with ulterior motives.

The only thing he’s got right for me has been Nesbit and it’s the only thing that keeps his head above water. The rest have been bang average at best.

Some folk still too thick to grasp that after a disasterous season where we gambled and splashed a bit cash, then sacking the manager and his assistant and paying compo, we made a significant loss. We had Crawford already on the payroll so we just need him achieve survival and give us a chance to recover. Of course some geniuses think the best way to progress is starve the club of cash until they sack the only manager they could afford and take a massive gamble on whatever we can afford to turn things round immediately.

I dont think Craw is the man to get us promoted but I do think it is safer to stick with him and rebuild at whatever pace our board decide we can afford, even if that involves another term in a lower league. We cannot spend money we do not have.
Best option is get behind the team and hope we can lift them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 22:52

"We cannot spend money we do not have."

I suspect it really is as simple as that.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters' Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 23:02

Agree.Much as I don't like it ,that's reality. Having said that, I wish stevie all the best.Hate to see a guy doing his best ,fail.

Post Edited (Mon 06 Jan 23:02)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 00:05

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 6 Jan 22:33

Quote:

Berkey, Mon 6 Jan 19:51

Some folk still too thick to grasp that after a disasterous season where we gambled and splashed a bit cash, then sacking the manager and his assistant and paying compo, we made a significant loss. We had Crawford already on the payroll so we just need him achieve survival and give us a chance to recover. Of course some geniuses think the best way to progress is starve the club of cash until they sack the only manager they could afford and take a massive gamble on whatever we can afford to turn things round immediately.

I dont think Craw is the man to get us promoted but I do think it is safer to stick with him and rebuild at whatever pace our board decide we can afford, even if that involves another term in a lower league. We cannot spend money we do not have.
Best option is get behind the team and hope we can lift them.

The year is 2025, we're about to commence a season in the lowland league, support has dwindled to three figures, Crawford is at the helm and Parrot is still saying the best option is to get behind the team and hope we can lift them, because that must make the difference.

Does that read ridiculous to you? I hope it does because I genuinely struggled to write something as ridiculous as you have just written. You do realise Crawford is on a 12 month contract? You do realise that if we get relegated we would get substantially less money? You do realise Crawford doesn't ever get cheaper to sack right? So if we can't afford it now we sure as **** wouldn't be able to afford it next year? Are you aware of how much of a ridiculous situation that would be to find ourselves in due to hoping the fans could lift the team rather than the management team actually manage them competently?!?!?!

I love Ross McCathur and the board but they've made catastrophic decision after catastrophic decision with regards to footballing matters, the only correct one they've made recently was giving AJ his jotters but they swiftly made a royal mess of it with this situation.

Logically, can anyone answer as to why on earth we gave Crawford the job in the first place? And then after we gave him the job why on earth was he not given a trial period ala McIntyre when he was appointed? And then after we appointed Crawford why the rush to give him a year rolling contract?!? Surely sense and logic would say "Give this untried manager, who's only previous experience is failing at East Fife a six month contract till the end of the season to see how he does where we can reassess the situation".

Instead "12 MONTH ROLLING CONTRACT", it absolutely beggers belief, ever since we gave AJ a 2 year contract extension when he should've been let go it's been one catastrophe after another. But aye, let's hope the fans can lift them eh? Because the only hope we have of this management team getting us promoted is no hope, likewise with the hope the board realises this and acts on it. A rubbish state of affairs that is making EEP a horrible place to be at the moment.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 01:50

.....and breath.

We are 4 ponts from the play offs in a very competative division. If that is so horrible to you that you needed such a rant, maybe you should take a wee break.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 06:52

''Having been at three of the last four games my impression was that the confidence had taken a big dent. We pressed Ayr Utd from the start and had several good chances.''

Confidence and self belief is so crucial in football. It's not really something the manager can instil in his team, although some managers are excellent motivators and make good use of psychology, which can help, but once the players cross that white line, there's not too much the manager can do, unless you think shouting and waving his arms around will work the oracle.

The best way to build confidence is to string together a run of good results. At the moment we have a Catch 22 situation - we're on a poor run, so confidence is low. We need some good results to build up the team's confidence but....

I'm not completely despondent because the team has shown in some games and parts of games that it can play. It's not so long ago we went on a good wee run. There's no reason we can't go on another.

It's hard to be patient and it's easy to think that changing the manager would somehow wave a magic wand over the whole squad, but real life is rarely like that.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 07:09

PARrot..you'rev insistence all that's needed is our blind continued support is utter pony, we have a manager just not cutting it with players going backwards.
Like it or not SC is expected to do more than slide us gently down the divisions.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 08:03

The players just simply aren't putting in the same effort as they did at the start of the season. The 1 big question I have is the lad from Aberdeen was the only positive in the first half then the players just stopped giving him the ball why? Maybe he was making them look bad. So let's not pass the ball to a players who's wanting to go forward and be positive . The players don't seem interested anymore.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 08:20

Cammy the lad from Aberdeen was no where near fit and faded as the game went on, he stopped showing for it as much and wasn’t running into spaces.

He can only get fitter with more games though.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 12:00

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 7 Jan 01:50

.....and breath.

We are 4 ponts from the play offs in a very competative division. If that is so horrible to you that you needed such a rant, maybe you should take a wee break.

Do you beleive that Crawford can get us promoted?

It's not so horrible to me, your post was just ridiculously stupid, happy to point that out.

Can we get an admin to change PARrot to Flamingo? Heads so deep in silver sands he can smell the bushfires in Australia.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 12:21

I think, Grant, that it's not Crawford who can get us promoted but the players. I believe that a successful team is more down to the players than the manager. I also think that our present situation doesn't help the players to feel a strong enough part of the club to give their full application to the cause. That is because:-

1. Some of our players are loanees and are looking over their shoulders towards their parent clubs and could be taken back half way through the season.

2. DAFC are in a poor financial position and possibly most of the players do not see playing with us as a long term prospect because they need to look to their future financial security.

I would be rather looking for leaders on the park than on the touchline.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 13:19

Ultimately, it is the players 'on the park' that determine the outcome of every match played.

However, the level of success or failure is really a far more complex dynamic; I feel certain that if Messi had been Scottish, Alex McLeish would've played him in goal.

There have been some truly brilliant football managers and some have achieved their success by implementing radical/revolutionary techniques, tactics and strategies. To a certain extent, I genuinely believe that a lot of 'current' managers lose sight of what makes a 'brilliant' manager, because they are so focussed on the latest 'football science' - when, in reality, what is most required is adopting an approach that suits the strengths and weaknesses of the squad of players available.

An example, of my own, relates to Michael Moffat; while at Dunfermline AJ used him as a sole striker - but while he was a real grafter and more often than not worked very hard, he just doesn't have the pace for that specific role. Personally, I think if Moffat plays a more supporting role, following behind the main striker(s), he has the knowledge, experience and ability to be a much more dangerous goal threat. Just my opinion.

I agree with Paralex, we do need a quality leader 'on the park' - but I think that the relationship between the captain and the manager is also another complex element of that 'dynamic'; there needs to be a respect and understanding between both. The manager is always in charge, but once the players are on the park the captain should be in control (but, hopefully, in sync with the manager).

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 13:49

Quote:

Grant, Tue 7 Jan 12:00

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 7 Jan 01:50

.....and breath.

We are 4 ponts from the play offs in a very competitive division. If that is so horrible to you that you needed such a rant, maybe you should take a wee break.

Do you beleive that Crawford can get us promoted?

It's not so horrible to me, your post was just ridiculously stupid, happy to point that out.

Can we get an admin to change PARrot to Flamingo? Heads so deep in silver sands he can smell the bushfires in Australia.

Firstly Im trying to get my head round someone calling anyone stupid after posting that carp about the lowland league. Yes I get your intended purpose but it was nonsense.
Secondly. Did you just ask me if I think Crawford can get us promoted after supposedly reading post?

Thirdly and most importantly. I will take relegation, which I believe we would recover from, before risking another spell of administration if that is ok with you.
Do you kbow if there is a scarper now clause in Craws contract if he gets relegated. I dont but I wouldnt have embarked on your rant without some knowledge on the subject.

As a sidenote it is ostriches that bury their heads in the sand, not flamingos.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 14:23

You do know relegation would cost the club in excess of 500k(per season) and we would have to overhaul the squad again.There may be players who have relegation release clauses too.On the back of a 'substantial loss' for 18/19 what makes you so sure we would survive that? Last season walk up prices were already down a '6 figure sum' from the previous season and that has surely got worse again this season.

Had to add that ostriches burying their head in the sand is actually a myth :)

Post Edited (Tue 07 Jan 14:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 15:53

Parrot,

Maybe you would take us being relegated which I find crazy but I don't think the club would be playing full time football and as Para says the whole squad will be overhauled and we would be utter dross. Crowds would fall and we would be the next East Stirling!
Maybe we should sort something now while we are still in the Championship?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 15:59

There's no guarantee we'd still be in the Championship if we changed managers. It's always assumed things will improve but there are plenty cases where they don't. Most of Crawford's critics were probably predicting we'd be in the relegation play-offs places at this stage of the season. Now it's not good enough that we're not in the promotion play-off positions.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 16:28

It depends on the circumstances wee eck.

If we had just won the last 4 games to be where we are the fans would be happy as we would look like salvaging our championship place after a poor first half of the season

If we had just lost our last 4 games to be where we are as the current form horse for a bottom 2 position the fans would be rightly worried and thinking we need to change things.

I’m not sure continuing to try the same thing and just hoping for the planets to align so we win 5 games on the spin is going to save us every season.....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 17:08

Quote:

EEP, Tue 7 Jan 15:53

Parrot,

Maybe you would take us being relegated which I find crazy but I don't think the club would be playing full time football and as Para says the whole squad will be overhauled and we would be utter dross. Crowds would fall and we would be the next East Stirling!
Maybe we should sort something now while we are still in the Championship?

.....rather than administration.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 17:42

I don't know what to think any more.

Are we on a rollercoaster in which we can expect more big highs and big lows?

Are we starting on a long winless run?

Are we going to be ninth pretty soon?

Are we capable of acheiving stability in this league without significant changes in personnel?

Joe's back. Murray to come. Ethan Ross. What else is there to feel good about?

COME ON THE WINDOW! GIVE US SOME MORE GOOD NEWS!

Post Edited (Tue 07 Jan 17:45)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 17:44

Is Stevie Crawford a manager capable of taking the Pars back into the top division? The majority view from the terraces seems to be a clear negative, hence the frustration being voiced on here. From the supporters’ point of view DAFC is the main club in Fife, pulls in bigger attendances than some Premier clubs, so it’s not unreasonable to aim to play in the top league. Anything less is poverty of ambition.

What about the Board? Do they believe SC is a manager capable of taking the Pars back to the top division? I suspect the answer would be negative from them as well, except they are hardly going to announce that publicly. From their perspective it is more important to maintain the club on a sound economic basis rather than gamble money on a possible promotion. To do otherwise would be reckless ambition that threatened the future of DAFC.

So, in conclusion, probably nobody believes SC is the man to take the club forward, But so long as he can establish DAFC as a mid table second tier club then the Board will be satisfied and many supporters continue to be disgruntled. At some point either the angry supporters will have to accept their lot, or the Board will have to acknowledge they might be setting their sights too low.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 18:00

I didn't realise we were left with a choice of either relegation or administration.

Imagine being happy with that aswell, absolute shambles.

If our only hope of ridding ourselves of this management team is to get relegated then there's absolutely no doubt about it, the board have had an absolute shocker, again.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 18:08

Quote:

Grant, Tue 7 Jan 18:00

I didn't realise we were left with a choice of either relegation or administration.

Imagine being happy with that aswell, absolute shambles.

If our only hope of ridding ourselves of this management team is to get relegated then there's absolutely no doubt about it, the board have had an absolute shocker, again.

Ok you are making it all up now.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 18:11

It's you that keeps battering on about choosing relegation than administration, why on earth are those the only options?

I'll ask again, do you beleive Crawford is going to get us promoted? If not then why on earth persist with him?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 18:16

PARrot do you believe Crawford is improving the players?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 18:34

Hasn't Kevin Nisbet, for one, acknowledged that Crawford has improved his play and that he was an attraction in joining the Pars? I think Kiltie may have too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 18:42

The goals have dried up for Kiltie-he was scoring regularly for Morton last season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 19:30

I think the likely strategy is to work on the youth development and hope some players come through the system in the next 2 or 3 years and at the same time try and keep the club in the Championship. I think the club tried and failed with the quick promotion option last season with AJ. We are looking more longer term I would have thought. I dont see promotion on the horizon this year nor probably next. If we can develop players and build a successful team of the back of it that is probably our best bet. There is no money at the club to buy players nor pay high wages.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 20:35

Quote:

Grant, Tue 7 Jan 18:11

It's you that keeps battering on about choosing relegation than administration, why on earth are those the only options?

I'll ask again, do you beleive Crawford is going to get us promoted? If not then why on earth persist with him?

I refer you to the answer I gave in my original post.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net