DAFC.net
Home 04 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Highlights Ayr United
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 10:36

https://dafc.co.uk/fixture.php?SID=First+Team&D=2020-01-04&ID=1209&h=1

highlights up now
SC at 1pm
Lee Ashcroft 3pm

from ParsTV team

Form Table: https://DAFC.co.uk/league
https://2mx.co.uk
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Highlights Ayr United
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 10:39

I wasn't at the game but having watched the highlights Ayr were there for the taking in the first half. Geggan was lucky not to see red.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 10:54

Saw the goal on Ayr's twitter. 26 passes among all 10 outfield players. Not one challenge from a Pars player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 12:49

Watch paton’s positioning in the build up the thier goal. And there was a number of ayr passes not shown before the goal. Who’s he marking? What protection is he offering? He ends up in the centre back position rather than out there trying to stop the shot.

That’s why we have no midfield.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!

Post Edited (Sun 05 Jan 13:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 13:04

Did you watch anyone else yesterday besides Paton? Obsessive.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 13:11

I was shouting at him to get out right before the goal that why! You’ll say anything to deflect from the obvious here and the highlights show it clear as day.

Are you defending his positioning on that goal and the lead up to it? Would you expect that from your centre midfielder?

Can you see how that leaves turner exposed and allows the opposition to get mid way inside our half before we get close?

Or is that fine and it’s just me looking for any small faults?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 13:15

Might just be me but I think ashy gets dragged out of position three times in the build up
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 13:15

I was wondering who was marking the guy who scored the goal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 14:01

Berkey have a day off from .net you absolute cretin

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 14:05

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 14:07

26 passes Ayr made with all outfield players touching it before scoring...

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 14:11

Would our fans have accepted 26 passes without a shot at goal?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 14:28

it’s okay kebab, when people have lost the argument they tend to resort to personal insults. He’s got nothing left.

The highlights are there for all to see.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 14:36

Its the same folk saying the same things over and over again.

You offer nothing other than sack the manager

Post Edited (Sun 05 Jan 14:38)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 14:39

Come on then da no 1, what do those highlights say about our midfield for the goal?

Take paton out the team, replace him with someone who can play in midfield. Joe and turner would have been better yesterday and at least we would have competed in the middle of the park.

Post Edited (Sun 05 Jan 14:43)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 14:45

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 5 Jan 14:36

Its the same folk saying the same things over and over again.

You offer nothing other than sack the manager

List Crawford's positives....

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 14:55

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 15:19

Like I said I'm not sticking up for Crawford. Maybe you guys are right tho. Maybe .net isn't for me.

But maybe you should look at yourselves. Maybe following a yoyo team like Dunfermline isn't for you? You cannot handle a defeat. It's like it's the end of the world. Like all you have in life is Dunfermline. Maybe that's not the case. I certainly hope so. I think I will take a break from .net and just go to our home games while you Berkey, Kebab and Rasta batter the heed aff it until we sack yet another manager.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 15:35

Noticed when SC was asked about why the 2 loan signings from hearts and Andy Ryan did feature at all yesterday he never once mentioned why andy ryan was left out just talked about the 2 hearts boys. Andy must be well out of favour and heading for the exit door?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 16:11

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 5 Jan 15:19

Like I said I'm not sticking up for Crawford. Maybe you guys are right tho. Maybe .net isn't for me.

But maybe you should look at yourselves. Maybe following a yoyo team like Dunfermline isn't for you? You cannot handle a defeat. It's like it's the end of the world. Like all you have in life is Dunfermline. Maybe that's not the case. I certainly hope so. I think I will take a break from .net and just go to our home games while you Berkey, Kebab and Rasta batter the heed aff it until we sack yet another manager.

So you refuse to stick up for the manager but we're in the wrong for voicing displeasure?
His record is poor, end of.
Nothing is improving.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 18:25

We had some really good looking interchanges in the first half. It's hard to believe with those highlights that we were down 1-0 at HT.

Seems to me that we had 2 wide players available (Dow and Ross) and that neither of them could go the full 90 mins yesterday. Craw made a calculated decision to put them both in to start. Given the play in the first half, I can't say that was a mistake. When they were both done after 60 mins and we were behind in the game, however, Craw's options were very limited against a team that defends well.

Berkey, why would a midfielder mark a centre forward? For that matter, why would a midfielder mark anyone other than for a set play or to cover a deep run by an opposing midfielder? So negative.

Second half, Muirhead clears out Kiltie after he plays a pass down the left to Nisbet. Nothing given. Should have been brought back for a free kick and a yellow.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 18:52

usmac I wasn’t expecting him to man mark anyone but I was expecting him to play in midfield.

Or should we only try to close the opposition down when they are in the final third after they have gone to paton?

You can’t say paton’s positional play in dropping so deep to practically be a central defender while ayr string together 24 unchallenged passes leading up to the goal is good midfield play.

He’s our captain, he should be getting them all out pressing the ball. Instead he’s chat the bed and Ran back to hide with the cb’s.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 20:50

It’s just a plan A...... and if that doesn’t work punt the ball to Nisbet. I’m not sure that’s plan B but hey ho.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 21:09

Berkey, you've got to be kidding. Paton is all over the first half highlights, communicating with the players. Keep searching for a scapegoat.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 05:52

Correct USMac.

My recollection is that in the first half Paton was well forward, providing great support to Dow and Comrie on the right flank, floating cross after cross into the penalty area. He even completed a dazzling "Nat Wedderburn shuffle" that left three Ayr players looking daft and embarrassed.

Paton may well have drifted back in the second half, but I can't really say for sure as I was in the foetal position on the floor crying my heart out...

:)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 08:24

Paton did have one of his better games but after 30 minutes his legs had gone and he got deeper and deeper. He started doing what he did at the goal and instead of pressing he retreated to safety leaving turner to press thier whole midfield.

No coincidence that after a positive start they then started to come onto us, scored and then coasted the rest of the game out while paton constantly took a 5 yard pass from the cb’s and punted it 50 yards straight to ayr and that the passes he was aiming! The rest he just wellied it and didn’t even bother to look.

Post Edited (Tue 07 Jan 13:48)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net