DAFC.net
Home 31 May 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Everton
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 18:07

Dumped out of the FA cup, not by a Liverpool reserve side, but by a Liverpool reserve side mostly made up of youngsters with little or no first team experience. Everton were absolute rank especially in the second half. Ancelotti will have soke serious questions to answer from the Everton support who must have had high hopes of finally beating Liverpool at Anfield. One thing is certain, Duncan Ferguson wouldn't have had managed his team to so tamely lay down to Liverpool.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Everton
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 18:33

I think Everton made a mistake not giving Duncan the job.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 18:44

Everton's main problems were

1) trying to play the ball out from the back ALL of the time against a young team that would have ran around for another match,

2) Not 1 Everton player looked like they were willing to put the boot in when needed

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 18:45

Agree they should have kept him until the end of the season. Problem is would he have a clue who to sign given he wasn’t expecting to ever be in charge...

A manager of anchelotti’s gravitas does come round very often though....but he’ll need money and he’s no known for building teams.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 18:46

Liverpools youngsters 16 to 19 years old WOW If they continue to progress the Pool will save billions on transfer fees they were superb tonight
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 18:48

Teams managed:-

Reggiana
Parma
Juventus
Milan
Chelsea
Paris Saint-Germain
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Napoli

Going to Everton just doesn't make any sense to me

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 18:48

Liverpool's future is bright. Klopp has done a tremendous job there.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 18:52

I dare say a £14 million annual salary and a 4 and a half year contract helped persuade him. I read he gets a 2.5 million bonus just for keeping them up!

Post Edited (Sun 05 Jan 18:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 18:55

The roast passionate derby match I have had the misfortune of watching.

Turgid stuff.

Everton got what they deserved.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 18:59

If big Dunc had kept the job he could have called in Macnamaras company for assistance😅😅 Klopp has done an amazing job with Liverpool. Is it Gomez at the back? He is top quality especially for his age.
England are going to have a great team in a few years imo.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 18:59

"The roast passionate derby match I have had the misfortune of watching.

Turgid stuff.

Everton got what they deserved."

A turkey?

Post Edited (Sun 05 Jan 19:00)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 19:00

Aye elvis lives it was at times but the effort, enthusiasm, skill and nonchalance from the Liverpool kids made it worth watching for me They hounded Everton of the park
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 19:01

Was it the same lineup that Aston Villa skudded?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 19:15

Mark my words, Klopp is going to do a Fergie at Liverpool.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 19:26

It pains me to say but he is in course to eclipse what Fergie achieved. You wouldn't bet against Liverpool winning the champions league this year and that would be Klopps second in four seasons at Anfield. It took Fergie twenty plus years to manage that at Man Utd.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 20:10

Everton really just highlight how poor a large percentage of the EPL sides have become in recent years.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 20:15

The gap in England between the top clubs and the rest is almost as big as our bigot brothers and the rest.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 20:19

With Man City being crippled with injuries this season Liverpool have been allowed to run totally unchallenged this season which highlights the monumental gap. Where are your Man Utd’s, Arsenal , Chelsea and Spurs ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 20:54

Unchallenged???
They still have to go out onto the pitch and win the game.
And Liverpool have their share of injuries too.
I think you just find it hard to admit that Liverpool are just head and shoulders above everyone else this season.
Unbeaten in a year says it all.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 21:04

The point I was making is that Liverpool have had no realistic title challenger this season. With City out the equation who else is going to stop them? The rest of the teams are utter pony. The league needs a strong Man Utd , Arsenal , Chelsea and Spurs .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 21:10

Well that's cos at the moment (in my opinion) there are only 2 teams capable of winning the league... As was the case last season.
We know who won it last season... Did you say the same about lack of competition then I wonder?
Or is it just now that it looks (fingers crossed) that Liverpool are finally going to end their long wait?
Just curious

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 21:29

I’ve been berating the quality in the premier league for a few years now. I’d like to have seen how Liverpool would have coped with an actual title challenge this season . I suppose it’s better to be lucky than good in Liverpool’s case. City’s reckless transfer dealings in the summer and an almost unimaginable injury crisis have gifted Liverpool the league. That’s before we get in to the VAR nonsense. Worthy champions ? Of course . Greatest side ever ? Not even close imo.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 21:42

So they're lucky to be top of the league? Not good?
Yeah I think you have a bit of an anti Liverpool thing about you.
And nowhere did I say they were the greatest side ever... That was all you.
VAR is same for everyone so I think that's irrelevant... Or are you saying Liverpool have had the rub of the green more than any other side in the EPL when it comes to VAR ?
I'm betting you're a very frustrated Man U fan... I feel your pain. Let it out🤣

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 21:52

Pars Kebab this Liverpool domination has been building for 3 seasons now... yes they ride their luck but all good teams do... they don't get beat because they don't give the other team the ball ...Undefeated in a calendar year.. most passes in 90 minutes ever ..European champs ...world champs ..and barring a total collapse premier champs They haven't had a challenge because they have swept all aside with their commitment, skill, patience, fitness, and playing for a manager who looks after them and cares about them and they reciprocate by rewarding him on the pitch ...Maybe as you say the bigger teams have let their standards drop ie..Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs Man City, Man Utd et al but the smaller teams are better this year Brighton, Wolves, Sheffield Utd, Crystal Palace all capable of causing an upset to the big boys by playing fast skilful football
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 22:10

I actually think theres been a drop in the number of quality of players globally and I dont think any of the top sides bar Liverpool and possibly City have improved.

Barca, Real, Juve, Bayern and Atletico have all had sides that would gub their present sides within the last 5 to 10 years. PSG have too many flair players and fold as soon as they come up against a team that has talent and out works them.

The EPL provided all of the finalists for the top European competitions and Liverpool have just been crowned the World Club Champions so the EPL is nothing like the crap we have up here. The fact that there are two sides dominating (well one this year) is down to them being two of the best domestic sides in the history of the EPL. The Peak Fergie United side might have been able to compete and the Arsenal invincibles possibly too but I think you'll see the English sides going deep in the top European competitions again.

Post Edited (Sun 05 Jan 22:11)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 22:18

They are worthy champions but I honestly don’t get the fawning over them. Man City won the league in far greater style the last 2 seasons and let’s be honest with a little less noise than Liverpool , which is understandable. I think the difference is that City actually won the league whereas Liverpool have had it gifted to them. They’ve carried some amount of luck which you could argue most good teams do.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 22:23

Again with the "gifted"... Seriously?
As I've already stated... They still have to take to the pitch and win the games... Nobody's gifting them anything.
As for the amount of noise Liverpool are making this season... Cmon min... They've had a long long wait for this.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 22:27

They've found ways to win games they've actually not been great in which is the proverbial "sign of Champions".

There's no doubt they've been helped by City slipping but City made a tactical blunder not signing a replacement for Kompany so when LaPorte got injured its left them suspect at the back. You can't hold that against Liverpool. When Leicester won the league they were aided by all the big guns shooting themselves in the foot but over the course of the year they were deserved champions as they were the most consistent side over the course of the year.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 22:32

Yes, gifted. When your nearest rival is lining up with Cladia Bravo in goals and a collection of bombscare defenders you are on to a winner. The league was over in November min.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 22:46

Hehe Bravo is a bit of a bomb scare I have to admit.
So you reckon it's over already?
Pool have been in great positions before and managed to mess it up so I'm taking nothing for granted yet.
There might still be a few twists and turns... Let's not forget what happened to Newcastle all they years ago either.
I suppose being a Liverpool fan has taught me that a fall is usually just round the corner 🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 22:57

Bravos played in 3 league games
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 22:59

No wonder... 🤣

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 23:02

It would take a monumental collapse . Liverpool could lose their next four league games and still ride it out. 17 point gap between them and City if they win their game in hand.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sun 5 Jan 23:24

Liverpool are by far the best team in both England and Europe and will deservedly win the League this season and as an Everton follower that pains me to say that.
Regarding the game today, the Everton players should be donating their wages to the fans after that horror show. Disgusting performance but all too common in the derbies over the last 10 years or so. Spineless.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 07:02

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 5 Jan 19:26

It pains me to say but he is in course to eclipse what Fergie achieved. You wouldn't bet against Liverpool winning the champions league this year and that would be Klopps second in four seasons at Anfield. It took Fergie twenty plus years to manage that at Man Utd.

I remember folk labelling him Herr Flopp when he arrived and being equally scathing of Pep. I wonder which English team they follow.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 09:17

While I dislike his touchline antics and demeanour I'm big enough to admit he is a great manager.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Mon 6 Jan 10:03

I wish we had a manager with his passion rather than one who stands with his hands in his pockets.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net