DAFC.net
Home 23 January 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Vinnie Steele
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 16:18

Would love to see this guy back with us, really liked him when he came on trial at the start of the season. He looks exactly like what we need right now, a wide player who can get past a man and deliver a telling cross

In think SC said we were covered for players of that ilk after he impressed in the Fife Cup match, if I remember correctly the club said the deal was not dead altogether
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Vinnie Steele
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 16:21

Where is he these days?

Could defo do with some steele in our squad!

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 16:21

Was playing as a trialist for Doncaster U23s last month-couldn't get in Burnley U23 team
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 18:40

Parathletic
Its not that he could not get un their team the lad does not want to olay at Burnley again ubder the present management he and a number of younger players have a club issue with a certain manager .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 18:48

He was an unused sub for them earlier in the season so he couldn't get in the team.Their under 23s are top of the Professional Development League and are unbeaten all season so sounds like the young players they are using are doing fine. He is out of contract at the end of season and isn't being offered a new one.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 19:06

Parathletic .
He was injured part of the season andcits not the case he isnt being offered a new contract further from the truth .The lad was asked to return with a new contract offer but he rejected
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 19:21

https://www.uptheclarets.com/steels-plays-for-donny-in-search-for-new-club
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 19:32

Genuine question, are you related to him rigger? Or know him?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 20:42

Quote:

Rigger Al, Tue 7 Jan 18:40

Parathletic
Its not that he could not get un their team the lad does not want to olay at Burnley again ubder the present management he and a number of younger players have a club issue with a certain manager .

So, doesn't fancy doing what he is contracted to do because he doesn't like the manager. Sounds very unprofessional. Doesn't sound like he has the required character. U23 football in England is no great shakes, a few good players with most of the team made up of players to make up the numbers, that will end up in the lower non league sides once they are too old
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 22:34

Better with Magnet & Steel!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Tue 7 Jan 23:58

Quote:

rikaka, Tue 7 Jan 19:32

Rigger works with his grandfather.

Please don't book me Admin, it will ruin my life.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 01:09

What is it on this forum that someone always has to looknfor something bad in a young player or any player.
Vinnie came up for a trial played 80 mins in Fife cup final and by all accounts did well with many saying just that on this forum .

The reason he is not playing is that their is a serious dispute at the club with one of the coaches. Not only with the young lad Vinnie but a few others .
They have been adviced not to return to the club and the coach has been suspended due to possible court proceedings .
Vinnie and a few others have the contractual rights to close out their contract which after legal advice they have done just that .

For the record the young lad had nothing but praise for DAFC in the short time he was at EEP and the same young lad was happy to join for half his earnings just to play football and trust me some people spend more money on a weekend out as to what the lad was prepared to drop to in earnings .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 06:55

I went to the Fife Cup game in question and he was nowhere near first team quality. I’m fairly certain that those praising him were thinking he showed potential, but he certainly isn’t what we need in the first team just now.

My opinions of him at the game, which I stated at the time, were that he was quick and some of his movement was good, but his decision making and final ball was poor for the majority of the game. We’re going a long way back just now and I honestly can’t remember much of the game it was that long ago, but remember coming away from the game saying he definitely wasn’t one for the first team. If he hasn’t played much since (as seems to be the case), it would be a no from me.

It’s also worth noting that in the Fife Cup game, Matt Todd and Paul Allan stood out and looked really good and Gabby McGill played alright. These guys also do not look good enough for the first team though, when they’ve had their chances. This isn’t ‘looking for something bad in a player’ this is wanting our first team to do well. So many people have pointed out over the last few weeks that we have our balance of youth-experience needs more experience. I think the attacking areas is an area we certainly need more experience, as our decision making has been poor lately in the final third. A very raw youngster, who hasn’t played first team football is not the solution to that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 08:31

Wow par 91, do you work as a scout by any chance? You certainly should if you don't - you appear to have the ability to run the rule over multiple players in a single game and assess whether they are good enough to play at a higher level.

I note you said Steele was quick but his decision making was poor. Can't good coaching help in this regard to make him a better player?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 09:23

We can's sign him ... He is one of Jackie's Boys ;)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 09:27

Quote:

Thaipar, Tue 7 Jan 23:58

Quote:

rikaka, Tue 7 Jan 19:32

Rigger works with his grandfather.

Makes sense as he seems to know a good amount of detail on the lad. Hopefully he gets something sorted
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 10:46

RMGpar 😄😄
I know this will upset a few of the Jackie hate brigade even though Vinnie was indeed at York ,Jackie was not the one who instigated the trial .
Sorry to burst the bubble on that one .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 10:49

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 8 Jan 08:31

Wow par 91, do you work as a scout by any chance? You certainly should if you don't - you appear to have the ability to run the rule over multiple players in a single game and assess whether they are good enough to play at a higher level.

I note you said Steele was quick but his decision making was poor. Can't good coaching help in this regard to make him a better player?

Par 91 .I watched the game with his grandfather and even though he tired in the second half .He had a good 1st half and many commented after the game it was good to see a winger running at defenders and putting good crosses in .I think onevof the goals came from his assist .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 11:03

Quote:

We don't have good coaching though....

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 12:48

Quote:

Rastapari, Wed 8 Jan 11:03

Quote:

I was alluding to good coaching in general, but I'm sure you were well aware of that, Rasta. Besides, it's Greg Shields who coaches the young lads, or is he no good either, in your opinion?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 13:59

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 8 Jan 12:48

Quote:

Rastapari, Wed 8 Jan 11:03

Quote:

I was alluding to good coaching in general, but I'm sure you were well aware of that, Rasta. Besides, it's Greg Shields who coaches the young lads, or is he no good either, in your opinion?

To play devil's advocate, who is improving?

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 14:15

The reserves are getting heavily pumped most weeks so pretty fair to say Shields is having a shocker as well. The coaching side of this experiment has been a failure , if we look at it since they came in last January, results and performances have been very poor.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 14:32

Pars Kebab wrote:

> The reserves are getting heavily pumped most weeks so pretty
> fair to say Shields is having a shocker as well. The coaching
> side of this experiment has been a failure , if we look at it
> since they came in last January, results and performances have
> been very poor.

"Heavily pumped Most weeks" - last two games

Familiarise yourself with the reserve league set-up then come back and let us know what youve learnt about the teams we play in it. How many reserve games have you watched kebab ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 16:07

A swing and miss there Westie. We’ve had a few sore pumpings . Daft to say otherwise .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 16:28

If it’s a 1 year rolling contract then he’ll be due a years wages if he gets sacked. I don’t understand why you’d be on a years rolling contract but have a lower pay off. What is the point of a year rolling contract if you don’t get paid the year that you’re due? It’s not a 1 year rolling contract in that case. Anyway, it was said at the time that he was on a rolling contract but no period was given. If he’s on a 6 month rolling contract he’ll be due 6 months wages, 5 month rolling contract, 5 months wages etc.

Post Edited (Wed 08 Jan 16:29)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 16:29

Pars Kebab wrote:

> A swing and miss there Westie. We’ve had a few sore pumpings
> . Daft to say otherwise .

Look at the results guesser, they’ve been pumped the last two games, they’ve never lost more than 3 in any other game.They might be 2nd bottom but there are only two other Championship team higher in the set up. You’ve never been to a game so you’ve never seen what Shields is trying to do with them.

Just embarrassing yourself with made up bullsh1t because you’ve seen a couple of scores on the internet.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 16:38

If I'm correct most of the other teams in the "reserve" league have more experience players than us. When we put out a more experienced team we do well.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 17:09

2 6-1 hammerings . Absolute weapon. Another internet hard man
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 17:14

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Wed 8 Jan 16:38

If I'm correct most of the other teams in the "reserve" league have more experience players than us. When we put out a more experienced team we do well.

Not from what I have seen in the team line ups. Its usually kids we play against so from that point of view it is an even match up.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 17:31

Topic Originator: Pars Kebab like | nolike - 1
Date: Wed 8 Jan 17:09

2 6-1 hammerings . Absolute weapon. Another internet hard man

Like I said the last two games fkwit
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 17:49

Aye ok then hard man.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 18:03

Pars Kebab wrote:

> Aye ok then hard man.

Behave yourself

You slate the reserves for getting "heavily pumped most weeks" which is patently not the case. They are punching in a league with premier sides so it's not surprising they sit near the bottom of the league, they are trying to play football the right way developing the young guys technically, Shields regularly posts video's on social media of their good work but despite you never having witnessed them "Shields is having a shocker ", you're a total guesser.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 21:13

Keep chucking out in the insults internet hard man.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 21:26

Great how a thread on a player we haven't got turns into an argument about our reserves.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 21:32

Steele
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab like | nolike
Date: Wed 8 Jan 21:13

Keep chucking out in the insults internet hard man.

Nothing to do with being hard, everything to do with calling out bull5h1t from someone laying on his couch with his haw maws out slating peoples work he’s never actually witnessed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 21:41

Even better when the 'You're hard' patter gets rolled out
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 22:04

I’ve no got a couch internet hardman .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 22:49

Quote:

Pars Kebab, Wed 8 Jan 22:04

Or Haw Maws for that matter ;)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 23:05

Exactly PARtot. The wife had them removed because I kept getting them out on the couch , before logging on to .net and making ignorant remarks about Dunfermline reserves.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Jan 23:46

I’d no even have been wound up if that boy had posted in an non confrontational way. It’s that attitude of folk on here that think they can say what they want because they know it’ll no come back to them. Start posting with the mindset that you might take a dig and you’ll get on better with people on here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Thu 9 Jan 00:48

ref: PARrot
Wed 8 Jan 22:49

Quote:

Pars Kebab, Wed 8 Jan 22:04

Or Haw Maws for that matter ;)

Ref: Pars Kebab
Wed 8 Jan 23:05

<<<Exactly PARrot. The wife had them removed because I kept getting them out on the couch , before logging on to .net and making ignorant remarks >>>

Well done you two, you've sent me away tae bed laughing.

And a wee mention for you as well Westies, since the Haw Maws were your idea, and it led tae a laugh even if you didn't intend it.

Post Edited (Thu 09 Jan 00:58)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Jan 06:51

Topic Originator: Pars Kebab like | nolike
Date: Wed 8 Jan 23:46

I’d no even have been wound up if that boy had posted in an non confrontational way. It’s that attitude of folk on here that think they can say what they want because they know it’ll no come back to them. Start posting with the mindset that you might take a dig and you’ll get on better with people on here.

You’re on your own kebab, it’s you that posted “what they want” when you stated they “were heavily pumped most weeks”, it’s you that started the insults by suggesting I was daft ( despite being told what you posted was wrong you couldn’t even go check the results to make sure you weren’t making an erse of yourself) and it’s you that keeps trying to stick his chest out calling out “hardman” but that tends to happen when you don’t have any strength behind your argument.

I appreciate you’ve dug a hole and are trying to claw your way out but post unwarranted nonsense on here and someone will pull you up on it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimMcDAFC  
Date:   Thu 9 Jan 10:13

I have seen the reserves three times this year and quite a few of them were very young never the less Shields has them playing a passing game that when it comes together is good to watch, much more entertaining than the first team. They were always going to get a doing from some of the teams who have more experience and who may have a lot of first team players recovering from injury in their team. Bye the way if you listen to Shields he sometimes gives the impression that he grudgingly puts up with first team players who have been injured getting a start in his team, maybe because they seem to do better with the youngsters only. I don't mean this post to a negative comment, just an observation.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Jan 11:11

JimMcDAFC wrote:

> I have seen the reserves three times this year and quite a few
> of them were very young never the less Shields has them playing
> a passing game that when it comes together is good to watch,
> much more entertaining than the first team. They were always
> going to get a doing from some of the teams who have more
> experience and who may have a lot of first team players
> recovering from injury in their team. Bye the way if you listen
> to Shields he sometimes gives the impression that he grudgingly
> puts up with first team players who have been injured getting a
> start in his team, maybe because they seem to do better with
> the youngsters only. I don't mean this post to a negative
> comment, just an observation.

Spot on Jim, the reserves are not being used to promote Shields win rate they are being used to teach and nurture young players.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: