DAFC.net
Home 24 January 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Cut a little slack
Topic Originator: coventrypar  
Date:   Thu 9 Jan 01:23

What did we really expect for this season?
Less money and youth development was the announcement.
So what’s wrong with 5/6 place this season?
So what if SC hasn’t quite made it yet as a manager before ...
maybe he will be the best one we ever had ... if we all stop whinging about
a few results and build for the bigger picture.
PS I was at the Alloa game and haven’t seen so much ***** defending or lack of drive and ideas for a long time.

"If you have no kind words to say you should say nothing more at all"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Cut a little slack
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Thu 9 Jan 07:27

You should have been there last week Coventrypar - the second half was worse than Alloa.

I hope you’re right - I’m afraid I have no confidence in us finishing 5th or 6th - I can be very fickle though - a couple of good results and I’ll be back dreaming of the top 4 😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Thu 9 Jan 09:02

It's going to be very tight, I've certainly found myself trying to be less critical this season given the players we have and are trying to develop. If we can get a couple of good signings this month, I'd say a new keeper and another striker for sure, if not also a winger now that Coley and Mcdonald have returned to their parent clubs. If we can get that right then I could see us getting 5th or possibly sneaking into the playoffs. Just need to be a bit more clinical in the final third against the teams like alloa and arbroath etc and remain tight at the back. After every loss seemingly it's SC out which I don't agree with, we are 4 points off the promotion playoffs and 3 above the relegation playoff, the league is extremely tight, we just need to go on a wee run to lift the confidence again. Its been a roller-coaster season so far as expected that's for sure!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: preston par  
Date:   Thu 9 Jan 11:24

Said it before, if we stay up, I'll be happy.
If we somehow manage to reach a promotion playoff spot, I'd be delighted!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Thu 9 Jan 12:19

I would expect a bit more fight and effort from such a young team. I would also expect them to be fitter than most teams in the league, which doesn’t seem to be the case.

I know there is a massive gulf in quality but when you look at the young players Liverpool played against Aston Villa and Everton in the cups, they never stopped running all game. Even though they were well beaten by Villa, they still impressed me with their work rate and never say die attitude, which paid off in the Everton game. I don’t see that with our team. As soon as we go a goal down, the performance drops. As soon as Alloa and Ayr Utd went in front, the heads went down and we never threatened at all for the rest of the game. I would expect the opposite from younger players. The mentality is poor and it is something I doubt Crawford can fix. The fact that we resorted to high ball after high ball against Ayr in the second half shows a lack of ideas.

There is still a long way to go this season and if we lose Nisbet in this transfer window and Kiltie is recalled, we are in serious trouble. I really hope Crawford can turn it around but based on what I’ve seen this season, it looks very unlikely.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Thu 9 Jan 12:27

Some comments on here coming from so called pars fans are worrying .

Bad mouth the chairman ,manager ,coaches,reserves manager .Im glad Mo Hutton is doing the kit well
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Thu 9 Jan 18:28

Well let’s just accept poor performances then! Following your team is not cheap so it’s completely understandable if fans are frustrated. Personal abuse is uncalled for but we have every right to criticise this season. In the world of football praise is given where it’s due and criticism is given when things aren’t good enough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Thu 9 Jan 19:07

Agree with a few points as I'm sure there are a few on here who think we are the team of the glory days but we should be expecting better performances I'd be happy with 5th or even 6th but I can't see us getting anywhere near that. That's probably why there is so much heat about it now.

c'mon the pars

Post Edited (Thu 09 Jan 19:07)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: